TDF 2013 Stage 18 L'Alpe d'Huez *Spoilers*

Comments

• kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    ad_snow wrote:
    My stream died :( Anyone know where I can watch it? I'm UK based but IP address goes through Germany so no ITV4 or Virgin TV Anywhere... stopstream ones have been 'banned' (which I was watching earlier) and I can't find one anywhere else :(:(:(

no ITV4?
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Roche and Paulinho dropping back to 6.5 mins from the breakaway, peloton closing in on them. Del;iberate or just knackered?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    In the past people used spoiler threads to check what happened during the race. This year they have been rendered borderline useless.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    ad_snow wrote:
    My stream died :( Anyone know where I can watch it? I'm UK based but IP address goes through Germany so no ITV4 or Virgin TV Anywhere... stopstream ones have been 'banned' (which I was watching earlier) and I can't find one anywhere else :(:(:(

Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    MrTapir wrote:
    Roche and Paulinho dropping back to 6.5 mins from the breakaway, peloton closing in on them. Del;iberate or just knackered?

Or just Saxo fail?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    C'mon Greipel, keep the pace up into the foot of the climb.....
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    Fenton got his advert on ITV4
  • napoleond
    Greipel gets the bunch sprint. Again!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    What the flip Andre?!??!?

Chapeau to that man!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    philbar72 wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    I cried like a girl on this part of the climb :-) haha

Girls don't cry. Girls are stoic. As impassive as Quintana.

that is pretty impassive. you must be nails!

admittedly I was passed by a girl too... she wasnt crying though... she just probably weighed 43kg :D
    www.dotcycling.com
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Greipel picks up the intermediate sprint points, Sagan seems to get annoyed at leadout man or something?
  • skavanagh.bikeradar
    skavanagh.bikeradar Posts: 1,097
    edited July 2013
    Bertie to attack 2km from top of Alpe first time up and use teammates on the descent.

EDIT: and valley obviously.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    In the past people used spoiler threads to check what happened during the race. This year they have been rendered borderline useless.

It's not your forum. People clearly want different thing from them than you do.

Supply and demand
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • emadden
    edited July 2013
    BTW... there is a hotel by that roundabout they just passed... Great place to base yourself for a few days. Run by a British family.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    So who's in the breakaway group?

CHAVANEL S.152OPQ+00:35:17
    JEANNESSON A.77FDJ+00:48:38
    RIBLON C.89ALM+01:02:47
    VAN GARDEREN T.39BMC+01:10:01
    AMADOR A.122MOV+01:13:13
    DANIELSON T.173GRS+01:32:23
    VOIGT J.48RLT+01:41:43
    BOOM L.161BEL+02:17:40
    MOSER M.17CAN+02:17:43
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    You ready Frenchie? Shall we "alpe it"?
    Half man, Half bike
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    emadden wrote:
    I cried like a girl on this part of the climb :-) haha
    HAHA yes the first bit is brutal indeed
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Roche goes into reverse
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Bertie to attack 2km from top of Alpe first time up and use teammates on the descent.

EDIT: and valley obviously.

His teammates won't last that long
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Sagans leadouts have been rubbish generally.
  • goonz
    emadden wrote:
    BTW... there is a hotel by that roundabout they just passed... Great place to base yourself for a few days. Run by a British family.

Shameless plug? :wink:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382

Lol! I'm originally from Taworth as well, Glacote Heath to be more specific. I'll have to start shouting for Martin, I thought he was a proper 021'er
    I lived in Stoneydelph and went to Belgrave (Dan Martin apparently went to St Gabriel's primary school in Belgrave). The Herald coverage is fantastic. They basically take any pro cycling article and put the smallest possible effort in to rewriting it so it's about "the Tamworth Herald Sportsman of the Year 2012 Dan Martin".
  • napoleond
    Main pelington on th'Alpe now
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Running along the road with your ipad trying to film! God those fools annoy me. Armchair rage coming on!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ridgerider wrote:
    You ready Frenchie? Shall we "alpe it"?

Let me take care of the US open at 2.30. Will do my best to pop round for 5mins at 3.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    ad_snow wrote:

no ITV4?
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

I'm at work so no TV... but if you meant their website it won't work because it thinks I am in Germany.. same for TV Catchup which is a site you can stream all the Freeview channels.

Nap; will Eurosport player work thinking that I am in Germany? (Only interested if it's British Eurosport.. I don't speak enough German to have German Eurosport commentary)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I just can't any work done...
  • goonz
    Running along the road with your ipad trying to film! God those fools annoy me. Armchair rage coming on!

You know you want to be out there doing it though!
  • emadden
    goonz wrote:
    emadden wrote:

Shameless plug? :wink:

no no ... not related or connected at all.. just had a good time there. Rooms are basic and tiny, but perfect for nutters who think the idea of cycling up all these climbs is fun. You can do Croix de fer/Glandon/Telegraph/Galibier/Lautaret/Ornon/2 Alps all from there...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ad_snow wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

no ITV4?
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

I'm at work so no TV... but if you meant their website it won't work because it thinks I am in Germany.. same for TV Catchup which is a site you can stream all the Freeview channels.

Nap; will Eurosport player work thinking that I am in Germany? (Only interested if it's British Eurosport.. I don't speak enough German to have German Eurosport commentary)

Got to cyclingfans or steephill loads of links on there.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.