TDF 2013 Stage 18 L'Alpe d'Huez *Spoilers*

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    ad_snow wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:
    My stream died :( Anyone know where I can watch it? I'm UK based but IP address goes through Germany so no ITV4 or Virgin TV Anywhere... stopstream ones have been 'banned' (which I was watching earlier) and I can't find one anywhere else :(:(:(

no ITV4?
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:
    My stream died :( Anyone know where I can watch it? I'm UK based but IP address goes through Germany so no ITV4 or Virgin TV Anywhere... stopstream ones have been 'banned' (which I was watching earlier) and I can't find one anywhere else :(:(:(

I'm at work so no TV... but if you meant their website it won't work because it thinks I am in Germany.. same for TV Catchup which is a site you can stream all the Freeview channels.

Nap; will Eurosport player work thinking that I am in Germany? (Only interested if it's British Eurosport.. I don't speak enough German to have German Eurosport commentary)

Should be fine! You pay for it you get it!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I just can't any work done...

Im stuck on a damn conference call but as soon as Im of it, its straight to the atrium to watch it on ITV4!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Graeme_S wrote:

Lol! I'm originally from Taworth as well, Glacote Heath to be more specific. I'll have to start shouting for Martin, I thought he was a proper 021'er
    I lived in Stoneydelph and went to Belgrave (Dan Martin apparently went to St Gabriel's primary school in Belgrave). The Herald coverage is fantastic. They basically take any pro cycling article and put the smallest possible effort in to rewriting it so it's about "the Tamworth Herald Sportsman of the Year 2012 Dan Martin".

Priceless. I went to Belgrave as well, I was the second year through. My brother lives in shutington, I'll get him to start forwarding the Herald through!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited July 2013
    In the past people used spoiler threads to check what happened during the race. This year they have been rendered borderline useless.
    I agree.... who cares about rider x y or z wearing black socks or some fake panache on a bike......
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Irish corner seems a bit try hard no?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    emadden wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    BTW... there is a hotel by that roundabout they just passed... Great place to base yourself for a few days. Run by a British family.

Shameless plug? :wink:

no no ... not related or connected at all.. just had a good time there. Rooms are basic and tiny, but perfect for nutters who think the idea of cycling up all these climbs is fun. You can do Croix de fer/Glandon/Telegraph/Galibier/Lautaret/Ornon/2 Alps all from there...

Not bad, PM me the details if you please?

I will be making the trip in the not too distant future...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    edited July 2013
    Double post
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Stannard on the front. Beast.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    goonz wrote:
    Running along the road with your ipad trying to film! God those fools annoy me. Armchair rage coming on!

You know you want to be out there doing it though!

Love to be there yes! Wearing a mankini of course and clown shoes - affirmative!
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    Is there really an Irish corner, or is carlton talking cr@p. Dutch corner, yes, but Irish?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Turns out Lopez has been at the Tour all along (unless he came out on the rest day).
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    There is an Irish corner this year...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    This must be the "coldest" day they've ever encountered on Alpe d'Huez... its usually baking hot - something that makes the climb particularly difficult
    www.dotcycling.com
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Siutsou doing a solid turn and looking useful

Sky looking composed
  • fleshtuxedo
    Pross wrote:
    Turns out Lopez has been at the Tour all along (unless he came out on the rest day).

Ha, wondered who it was :lol:
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    Who is that imposter in Sky kit called Lopez?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I just can't any work done...
    :)
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    slimreaper wrote:
    Is there really an Irish corner, or is carlton talking cr@p. Dutch corner, yes, but Irish?
    Yep, they have got a website and everything...
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    ad_snow wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

no ITV4?
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

I'm at work so no TV... but if you meant their website it won't work because it thinks I am in Germany.. same for TV Catchup which is a site you can stream all the Freeview channels.

Nap; will Eurosport player work thinking that I am in Germany? (Only interested if it's British Eurosport.. I don't speak enough German to have German Eurosport commentary)

Got to cyclingfans or steephill loads of links on there.

Cyclingfans worked! I had tried all of the steephill ones but thought that most of their links were duplicates (happily I was wrong!) Phew.
  • fleshtuxedo
    Who is that imposter in Sky kit called Lopez?

It's the bloke who does "Lee Nelson's Well Good Show"
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Bill Strickland ‏@TrueBS
    If Schleck had raced in the '50s, we'd celebrate him for his quirky character & inconsistent greatness that never equalled what was hoped
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    They just showed Cav on the climb, I know he'll be in the bus, but surprised they're as close as they are to the peloton.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    peloton about to catch a satellite tinker.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    slimreaper wrote:
    Yep, they have got a website and everything...

And alcohol
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    So sorry but what was Paulhinio doing?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    If Cadel Evans was a horse he would of been shot by now.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Has the timing system broken? The gap seems to have stayed at 7'45'' for ages.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    ddraver wrote:
    So sorry but what was Paulhinio doing?

Big waste of two Saxo riders that was!
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    where do all these hundreds of thousands of fans go to the loo?
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    Saxo satellite fail.