TDF 2013 Stage 15 - Ventoux *Spoilers*

Comments

• Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    10km to go
    Quintana on the front, right?
  • Rundfahrt wrote:
    Amazing powers of recovery from Sky, from having the whole team blow up two days ago, to being on the front yesterday and now setting the pass up the Ventoux.
    It's not surprising. They prepared for this one. They were totally unprepared for the other.
    Over 50mph on Malaucene descent
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    AD BREAK! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Quick lunch break for Porte and Froome.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Illegal feed by Sky!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Was struck by how low Froomes gear was on the Horquette last week. Think he rocks a 28.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

Madness... a Musette on the final climb? don't think I've seen that before?!
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    P Kennaugh has gone
  • above_the_cows
    And Lil' Pete pulls off.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Little Pete almost stationary!
  • Rundfahrt

That's because it's against the rules. Sky will get fines tonight. It also makes me wonder if Froome may be having a bit of worry.
  • disgruntledgoat
    ooof Kennaugh looked goosed there
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Those solitary, outlying trees, 100s of metres above the snow line could be a metaphor for athletic performance.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    Oh no Kwiatkowski :cry:
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Porte trying to drop Contador again.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Rundfahrt wrote:

That's because it's against the rules. Sky will get fines tonight. It also makes me wonder if Froome may be having a bit of worry.

I reckon taking a bottle on a 20km climb in 30 degree heat will be one of those ones the jury will overlook, to be honest.

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Sweet. A return to old school racing with no accurate time gaps. This could be interesting. :)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Well everyone else was taking on Bottles so.... exceptional circumstances due to the temperature I reckon.

Not surprised they took on nutrition, just that it was in a Musette and not a bottle on its own.
  • above_the_cows
    Titchie Richie into smiling assassin mode.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Front group shrinking now Porte is applying some pressure
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt wrote:

I reckon taking a bottle on a 20km climb in 30 degree heat will be one of those ones the jury will overlook, to be honest.
    He took a mussette from team personnel stationed on the climb.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Contador looks like he's puffing a bit.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Pete Kennaugh really buries himself for the team doesn't he? Thought he was going to fall off when he went out the back of the peloton then!
  • disgruntledgoat
    Mollema hanging on too.

@gietvangent
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Rundfahrt wrote:

He took a bottle literally 30 seconds before the musette
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Valverde dropped!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Valverde going going....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Oh no Kwiatkowski :cry:
    He'd been hanging by a thread for a while. Talansky too I think.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

He took a mussette from team personnel stationed on the climb.

See above, right or wrong, I don't think the jury will do anything.

@gietvangent
  • Rundfahrt
    Valverde cracks...and nobody is sad. Valv.piti is innocent!