Sky are dopers - Oh no they're not

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    bockers wrote:
    The Royal Baby has been proven to have doped, grew over 8 pounds in 9 months and VO2 way above normal. Equipe have the stats evidently.
    And do you know who is a part owner of the Kenyan resort where his father proposed to his mother? Chris Froome - that's who. Wheels within wheels, my friend, wheels within wheels.....
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    iainf72 wrote:
    I wonder why Jeff Connor is not a believer...

Linkage?

Not sure if Iain is referring to something else, but earlier he tweeted:

jeff connor ‏@jeffconnor12 9h
    Sorry to say all these Froome worshippers are going to fall flat on their asses.

when asked why:

jeff connor ‏@jeffconnor12 7h
    @ExRoadman1 I think it's called déjà vu!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    RichN95 wrote:
    bockers wrote:
    The Royal Baby has been proven to have doped, grew over 8 pounds in 9 months and VO2 way above normal. Equipe have the stats evidently.
    And do you know who is a part owner of the Kenyan resort where his father proposed to his mother? Chris Froome - that's who. Wheels within wheels, my friend, wheels within wheels.....

Oh god please tell me that's true :!:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    bockers wrote:

Oh god please tell me that's true :!:
    As far as I know it's true (Geraint Thomas mentioned it in one of his Cycle Sport columns)

They were at Rutundu Log Cabins: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... n-hut.html
    The owners of which include the Froome brothers: http://thesafariandconservationcompany. ... log_cabins
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    iainf72 wrote:
    I get a “bad gateway” message, which sounds like something Cameron would ban. Does this link work for anyone else?
    I'm getting the same now, but it was working earlier. The site does appear to be having problems: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/53x12.com.html
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Turfle wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Linkage?

Not sure if Iain is referring to something else, but earlier he tweeted:

jeff connor ‏@jeffconnor12 9h
    Sorry to say all these Froome worshippers are going to fall flat on their asses.

when asked why:

jeff connor ‏@jeffconnor12 7h
    @ExRoadman1 I think it's called déjà vu!

Who is jeff connor!?
  • RichN95.

Who is jeff connor!?
    He wrote a book about ANC Halfords back in the 80s. I don't think he's had anything to do with cycling for a couple of decades though.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    iainf72 wrote:

Maybe he's annoyed that Sky invited Walsh and not him along to the Tour
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    RichN95 wrote:

Who is jeff connor!?
    He wrote a book about ANC Halfords back in the 80s. I don't think he's had anything to do with cycling for a couple of decades though.

I was looking up Jeff Connor's books yesterday as the guy i've been cycling around with the past couple of months was a mechanic ( he said he was pretty much a dogsbody ) for the ANC Halfords team, and he was telling me about the shambles it all was & the Connor books were good.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Appropos of nothing, 4 out of the top 10 this year are also white jersey contenders (WJ)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    if there's just one team in the peloton that's currently clean, you'd bet your house on it being Garmin.

I certainly wouldn't..... I wouldn't even bet a penny Garmin are clean!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    LutherB wrote:

I was looking up Jeff Connor's books yesterday as the guy i've been cycling around with the past couple of months was a mechanic ( he said he was pretty much a dogsbody ) for the ANC Halfords team, and he was telling me about the shambles it all was & the Connor books were good.

He had a great story to tell, full of larger than life characters, which helps him enormously. As does the whole thing collapsing around the team's ears half way through the Tour.

You can tell Connor was a tabloid journalist though, as it reads like an extended version of the Sun or the Mirror.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23415146 Interesting to hear Brailsford's comments on team harmony. Pretty hardcore environment by the sound of it.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Interesting blog on the the Froome, post-Armstrong, thing: http://www.podiumcafe.com/2013/7/22/4546576/what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-chris

"These weren't interviews: we were watching an exorcism."

"* An aside about Sky: I am sure that some of the debate around Froome was driven at least in part by his sponsor - though why a commercial investment by an international media company should be any worse as a source of money than a large telecoms company, a financial services trading house, the Russian Oligarchy, or alternatively the Kazakhstan state's desire to support the ambitions of a known doper is a mystery to me. It may also be a reaction against a perceived style or racing - despite the fact that that style wasn't deployed by Sky (who weren't capable of it when push came to shove) but was deployed by SaxoBank (incompetently) and Movistar (succesfully). Again, the beauty of cycling is in the eye of the beholder. "
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Spiny_Norman
    Spiny_Norman Posts: 128
    if there's just one team in the peloton that's currently clean, you'd bet your house on it being Garmin.

I certainly wouldn't..... I wouldn't even bet a penny Garmin are clean!
    I said "if". Can you name a World Tour team you think are more likely to be clean? Seriously.

I'm going to follow George Bernard Shaw's advice on wrestling pigs and stop trying to engage with our resident child with a paragraph deficiency, but I'm surprised by this and I'm interested to understand your reasoning.
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    iainf72 wrote:

Good read. Not enough is made of his ridiculous physique which he has more or less held ALL year.

It's the work of a man convicted of fraud and has a lifetime ban from sport from the USADA.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    adamfo wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Good read. Not enough is made of his ridiculous physique which he has more or less held ALL year.

It's the work of a man convicted of fraud and has a lifetime ban from sport from the USADA.
    So what , he his without a doubt one of the most qualified to make a conclusion. What a stupid comment to make.
    Have you seen the list of riders just busted for doping .....oh no, shock ,riders doping ....ha ha ha
    Garmin the clean team ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    rayjay wrote:
    adamfo wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    So what , he his without a doubt one of the most qualified to make a conclusion. What a stupid comment to make.
    Have you seen the list of riders just busted for doping .....oh no, shock ,riders doping ....ha ha ha
    Garmin the clean team ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    No idea as to it's validity, but I like reading Ferrari's stuff, always seems interesting.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    what year is it where you are, ray?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I would imagine power to weight is extremely important in a clean era of cycling. the likes of Jan and LA were quite chunky in comparison to Froome and Wiggo at TdF best.

I'm sure there is a critical point at which weight loss is counter productive to power. For example say Froom was 67Kg during the Tour and able to hold 400W. Perhaps Froome at 65Kg could only produce 380W for the same duration. I imagine height which is a non variable plays a big part in it.

I don't think that there is anything suspicious about him maintianing his physique all year. Brad did that last year then hit the pies and beer following the Olympics
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    Turfle wrote:
    what year is it where you are, ray?

The dopers named are relevent. We have already had quite a few busts this year.
    Its no good just trying to make a smart remark without thinking. Think about who has got busted. Sunk in yet?
    Get back with a reply when you actually understand the point I made and realise it's a bit more than a few riders busted from a few years back. Clue word for you, liniage.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ddraver wrote:
    Stupid paywall!! :(
    (hint :wink: )
    I know, it's really hard to work round....... why bother
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    rayjay wrote:
    Clue word for you, liniage.

Liniage isn't a word.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver

YOu are a scholar and a gentelman, not like that hoarding AtC! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:
    Clue word for you, liniage.

Liniage isn't a word.

You are correct. My mistake. Lineage. To fast on the keys but the point is made.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,592
    ddraver wrote:
    Possibly the easiest paywall to get round. Delete all Telegraph cookies, then block new ones from the site.
  • ddraver
    Ahhh interesting, I will give it a go!
    - @ddraver
This discussion has been closed.