Sky are dopers - Oh no they're not

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    The only people who have seriously mentioned Quintana and J Rod doping are the same obsessives who say Froome is. Also you're reasoning that almost all past winners have doped therefore current (and future?) winners must also be doping is seriously flawed. All riders used to ride steel bikes - times change.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Pross wrote:
    The only people who have seriously mentioned Quintana and J Rod doping are the same obsessives who say Froome is. Also you're reasoning that almost all past winners have doped therefore current (and future?) winners must also be doping is seriously flawed. All riders used to ride steel bikes - times change.

If Sky were not a GB team I do not think they would be ignoring the fact that their incredible results coincide with the hiring of a doping doctor and their 2 GC winners never performed at that level ever. Froomes times are faster than a lot of doped riders. You talk about marginal gains but take the improvement of Wiggins ITT. This an olympic athlete who turned to the road and signed by teams to win ITT and grab that yellow jersey . He never got nowhere near it and that was coming on the road after being olympic champion. It all looks rather suspicious IMO. Also I don't think some of you guys know how riders dope. They only need a small window. Im sure that if Sky are doing anything and in light of Tygart making a mockery out of our sport, I doubt they will get caught and I don't want them to. I just don't know how you can be so certain that they are clean. As for Contador how do you know he has not been taking anything. Because he has not won. Its so simple to say that but it shows a lack of understanding about performance. Steel bikes you say, I never knew that. Peace ya all.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:

If Sky were not a GB team I do not think they would be ignoring the fact that their incredible results coincide with the hiring of a doping doctor and their 2 GC winners never performed at that level ever.

Did Wiggins not come 3rd (4th) in 2009?

Pre Sky and with 'clean' Garmin.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    It's like f***ing Groundhog Day in this thread. I'm sure the Wiggins thing has been done to death, the fact that when he turned his attention from riding round in circles very fast for 4km to taking the road seriously and targeting stage races he 'strangely' got better at them. Who knows what he could have achieved earlier if he had focused on it all along. Anyway, this thread is just a pointless circular argument now, you can't prove a negative so I'm out. Can you put a thread on ignore?
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:

If Sky were not a GB team I do not think they would be ignoring the fact that their incredible results coincide with the hiring of a doping doctor and their 2 GC winners never performed at that level ever.

Garmin Clean? They are the elephant graveyard for dopers. DZ.CVV.DM.TD +JV. They all got busted.
    WIggo said it was a fluke, but I think he rode a smart race and was helped by the weight loss, But nowhere near a ITT win and nowhere near the rider he became at Sky, getting winning ITT gaps and not getting dropped at all by the top climbers. Thats a big leap for a rider with no results of 10years or so on the road.
    It was great race today. Brilliant win for MK. Cav was just to far back. He needs a Renshaw bad.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Anyone see Vayers hatchet job in Lemonde?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    If Vayer was on here, he'd be on ze list too...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    Pross wrote:

What has changed exactly? The temptation to dope?

The only obsessives I can see are those who can only enjoy the sport if they can convince themselves that it's clean.

I keep hearing this 'turned a corner, become less grubby, peloton now much cleaner' . Been hearing it for decades.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    So hands up who's convinced the sport's clean? Not a lot of posters here, I would say. Given the history, how could we be?
    But there are a lot of us who think there are good reasons to hope that it is significantly cleaner, and that "they must be doping 'cos everyone's always doped" is a lazy cynicism too far.
  • Spiny_Norman
    Spiny_Norman Posts: 128
    rayjay wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Garmin Clean? They are the elephant graveyard for dopers. DZ.CVV.DM.TD +JV. They all got busted.
    WIggo said it was a fluke, but I think he rode a smart race and was helped by the weight loss, But nowhere near a ITT win and nowhere near the rider he became at Sky, getting winning ITT gaps and not getting dropped at all by the top climbers. Thats a big leap for a rider with no results of 10years or so on the road.
    It was great race today. Brilliant win for MK. Cav was just to far back. He needs a Renshaw bad.
    You have missed the point by about this much:
    <
    >

Do you have any understanding of Garmin's ideals, their approach and the entire reason for their existence? Regardless of their riders' history - no, because of that - if there's just one team in the peloton that's currently clean, you'd bet your house on it being Garmin.

You also missed that this was Wiggins' first post-track TdF, explaining why the result was out of keeping with his previous results on the road, and appear not to have realised the significance of who finished ahead of him that year, which strongly suggests the hypothesis that as much as Wiggins was still getting better after that, the competition got worse/stopped doping quite so much.

But do please feel free to carry on with your ill-informed burbling, because it's quite amusing in a way.
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    iainf72 wrote:
    Anyone see Vayers hatchet job in Lemonde?

Just a google translation of it, which I imagine is the best way for it to be read.

I gather he had Wiggins as more suspicious than Froome.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_mqa59lfXxo1rchnklo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331

Perfect way to end this useless thread

Allez G!!
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:

You have missed the point by about this much:
    <
    >

Do you have any understanding of Garmin's ideals, their approach and the entire reason for their existence? Regardless of their riders' history - no, because of that - if there's just one team in the peloton that's currently clean, you'd bet your house on it being Garmin.

You also missed that this was Wiggins' first post-track TdF, explaining why the result was out of keeping with his previous results on the road, and appear not to have realised the significance of who finished ahead of him that year, which strongly suggests the hypothesis that as much as Wiggins was still getting better after that, the competition got worse/stopped doping quite so much.

But do please feel free to carry on with your ill-informed burbling, because it's quite amusing in a way.

I don't think you have an understanding of doping full stop. Garmin and JV made a big thing about cleaning up cycling ,then bang. Once they realised they were in deep doogy pooh due to the Armstrong investigation some of their biggest riders confessed to doping and help nail Armstrongs coffin so they woud not get tougher sentences. Now JV and his boys are saying the same things all over again. Seriously do you believe that a team of dopers never doped all the time they were at Garmin because there manger an ex doper says they are clean.ha ha ha. Wiggins results coincide with Leinders ,Fact. You can blah blah blah on about this, but the results are there to see. Riders dope. Im happy you want to believe in the dreamy nice world of sport but I prefer to take it for what it really is and always has been. Do you even know how riders dope? do you know what EPO his? do You know the time window you need not to get detected? I do. You have no idea. ha ha ha
  • iainf72
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:

Good read. Not enough is made of his ridiculous physique which he has more or less held ALL year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Just tried to have a look at the clinic for a giggle. It's down again but looks like it's not a technical issues?...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    iainf72 wrote:

Good read. Not enough is made of his ridiculous physique which he has more or less held ALL year.

Cue the eating disorder rumours.

Can anyone in The Asylum link him to Russian gymnastics coaches?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Just tried to have a look at the clinic for a giggle. It's down again but looks like it's not a technical issues?...

Think it's well and truly broken judging by the rare CN tweet...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Have they done the kind thing and put it down?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • MartinB2444
    MartinB2444 Posts: 266
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Perfect way to end this useless thread

Allez G!!

It hasn't been a useless thread. It was intended as a dustbin :D
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

The death star hacker team has been on the case.. they were obviously getting too close to the truth :shock:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Hopefully not.

the last thing we need here are a load of refugees from The Asylum.
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Hopefully not.

the last thing we need here are a load of refugees from The Asylum

Gulp. Now that's a very frightening thought. If any of those nut jobs try posting in here, we need to hound them out mercilessly :twisted:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    rickyrider wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Hopefully not.

Gulp. Now that's a very frightening thought. If any of those nut jobs try posting in here, we need to hound them out mercilessly :twisted:

They'll be intimidated and confused by our Horse avatars :roll:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    rickyrider wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Hopefully not.

:lol:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    rickyrider wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Hopefully not.

Horse avatars? Wut?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • iainf72
    I wonder why Jeff Connor is not a believer...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    iainf72 wrote:
    I wonder why Jeff Connor is not a believer...

Linkage?
  • bockers
    bockers Posts: 146
    The Royal Baby has been proven to have doped, grew over 8 pounds in 9 months and VO2 way above normal. Equipe have the stats evidently.
This discussion has been closed.