TDF 2013: Stage 7 *SPOILERS* Montpellier - Albi

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    chute
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Great stuff people! Great stuff! :D

[annoying M&S woman's voiceover] This isn't any old cycling forum. This is a superior level of cycling forum [/annoying M&S woman's voiceover].

From Albi to Catford via a cycling loving Toulouse-Lautrec. Now all we need to know is whether or not he liked donkeys?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    chute

Would that be Upper Chute, Lowe Chute, Chute Standen, Chute Cadley or Chute Forest, Wilstshire, SP11, UK?
  • mididoctors
    EBH
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    A velodrome and a dog track would seem highly compatible uses.
    I can see opportunities here and for husky racing also.
  • above_the_cows
    Yes I see now. Went down in the chute, EBH that is not a husky in a velorome. Prelim reports that he's OK.
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2013
    Vande Velde abandonne

Edit - Quintana in the chute aussi
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Nothing could possibly go wrong

casar-hits-dog-o.gif
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    Voigt and Kadri in a two man break with 5 minute lead.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    What's really impressive is that having crashed into the dog, Casar went on to win the stage.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • mididoctors
    RichN95 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Nothing could possibly go wrong

casar-hits-dog-o.gif

The dog transfered a massive dose of chi into Sandy and he won didn't he?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2013
    What's really impressive is that having crashed into the dog, Casar went on to win the stage.
    And the dog had puppies which the owner named after the two cyclists who crashed. (At least that's what I read somewhere. It may be bollox)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    RichN95 wrote:
    And the dog had puppies which the owner named after the two cyclists who crashed.

Rich, once again, we are not worthy.

:D
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544

Was gonna ask did the dog survive - looks like the impact was directly on it's neck.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    2013stage7finalkms.jpg

Climbs aren't big enough to shake off the sprinters so it's another crazy final 10km. Fast and furious!
    That's road book type stuff, please tell or post link how the curious folk amongst us can see.

Pinched from inrng stage preview
  • inkyfingers
    Link to the road book can be found here (via Velorooms):

http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=2384.0
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    chute

Would that be Upper Chute, Lowe Chute, Chute Standen, Chute Cadley or Chute Forest, Wilstshire, SP11, UK?

You missed Chute Causeway.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kadri loves to go on the offensive. Good luck to him. Remember his Roma Maxima win.
    Vande Velde abandonne

His last TdF.

Hesjedal is also racing with a broken rib.

Astana
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    andyp wrote:
    chute

You missed Chute Causeway.

Damn! How could I miss that. Used to ride along there all the time.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm confused now... So Voigt's crashed into a dog, EBH is in a breakaway and Vande Velde's died of syphilis at a dog track in Catford... right?
  • inkyfingers
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I'm confused now... So Voigt's crashed into a dog, EBH is in a breakaway and Vande Velde's died of syphilis at a dog track in Catford... right?

Yup, that's pretty much it, and it's all Paul Kimmage's fault.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    ddraver wrote:
    Dear ddraver,

Your order is currently being processed and will be handed over to UPS within
    the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together
    with the tracking number of the consignment. The tracking number allows you to
    constantly monitor the status of the consignment via Internet.

With best wishes,
    The Canyon Team

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But with the TdF and everything.. you won't have time to ride it?!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Kadri loves to go on the offensive. Good luck to him. Remember his Roma Maxima win.
    If all goes well for him he could well be wearing polka tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Shame for CVV. Hoping the crashes don't deter Garmin from attempting to generate the chaos they promised us at the start of the race. Today would be a good stage for some of that.
  • above_the_cows
    No no no, EBH has gone to Chute. He's stopped off at The Hatchet for a ploughmans on the way though so he might be a while.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    “I don’t want to use this fucking bike! What the fuck is wrong this bike!”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/ ... bus_293642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    ddraver wrote:
    Dear ddraver,

the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together

With best wishes,
    The Canyon Team

Someone's got time to go for bike rides in the Wigan area!
    I live about 20mins away from a local 10TT course and often pop down to either ride or take photo's of the weekly race they hold.

I arrived and took up my usual position and had a new lens to play with so was quite excited to get snapping away .... then all of a sudden I see a rider in full Team Sky kit on a time trial bike coming up the lane .....

Yep, you guessed it !!!

9206224935_dd97feb419_b.jpg9209029262_954bf3b977_b.jpg9206233495_0889a28635_b.jpg9206239761_b38a9a48e8_b.jpg9206230129_378edde3bf_b.jpg
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    ddraver wrote:
    Dear ddraver,

With best wishes,
    The Canyon Team

It's with UPS - he'll be lucky to get it before the Vuelta.
    In the meantime, he'll miss much of the Tour as he watches online as his consignment travels the four corners...
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Hearing that Porte and Pinot were also caught up in the EBH / VDV crash.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Quintana was down too.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    “I don’t want to use this ******* bike! What the fark is wrong this bike!”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/ ... bus_293642
    He really, really, really hates losing doesn't he?

At least these days he's learnt to steer clear of the press until he's blown off a bit of steam. When he did come out and speak to the press I thought he was fairly gracious in saying he got beaten by Greipel because he was really strong today, rather than saying it was only due to the crash. A reporter asked him about his bike inferring that it was because she'd heard him yelling on the bus and he brushed it away saying he was angry and disappointed.

I think the biggest factor was Lotto absolutely nailed their lead out and OPQS completely screwed theirs up.