Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Cadel is a whole lot more entertaining than Wiggins, and Cadel won one of the most exciting tours in recent memory (though that involved others).
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I fancy Movistar for this.

YP puts his money down! :D

Go on then, I'll take some of that action. I'll go for OGE.

Believe me my friend the stars are starting to align for Movistar. I think they've had a couple of runner's up in TTT's this season and generally had a pretty good Giro.

Remember, the Sky bus may be called the Death Star but you'll only find the name Vader in Valverde...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Listening to the EuroSport commentary, it seems Cav does have bronchitis. Explains a few things.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Garmin 7/4
    Omega 5/2
    Sky 4/1
    movistar 7/1

Oddschecker.com
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561

Believe me my friend the stars are starting to align for Movistar. I think they've had a couple of runner's up in TTT's this season and generally had a pretty good Giro.

Remember, the Sky bus may be called the Death Star but you'll only find the name Vader in Valverde...

Only 3 of the Giro squad in this line-up, and they dont include Dowsett or Ventosa. Should still do well, but cant see them winning.

I'm going for OPQS
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Anyone know what the microphone logo that keeps flashing up on screen is all about?
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Looks like a few tight corners in the first section. Argos Shimano started off very gingerly.
    That said, OPQS should have put Cav on the front at the start - he's a) very fast into the corners and b) clearly must be one of the best at picking the speed up on the exits
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408

Christian Vande Velde :lol:
  • nic_77
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Anyone know what the microphone logo that keeps flashing up on screen is all about?
    They mentioned it yesterday... think it means there is a live feed available from the team/teamcar. However, Eurosport were having technical difficulties switching over to it
  • hammerite
    DeadCalm wrote:

It's to show that there's some talk going on between the team and riders. Apparently if the director wants he can broadcast what they're saying a bit like in F1. Can't remember them showing anything so far though.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    FFS! Just created a BetFair account. By the time I'd finished and added funds they'd pulled the bets :evil:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    nic_77 wrote:
    Looks like a few tight corners in the first section. Argos Shimano started off very gingerly.
    That said, OPQS should have put Cav on the front at the start - he's a) very fast into the corners and b) clearly must be one of the best at picking the speed up on the exits

To Cav's credit he's a good TT'er when he puts his mind to it and has won a couple of short prologues. He still holds the island 10 record from about 6 years ago and even Little Pete hasn't toppled that even though he came close last week.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Has Eddy da BOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever been in yellow?
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • DeadCalm
    Canondale one down already
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    FFS! Just created a BetFair account. By the time I'd finished and added funds they'd pulled the bets :evil:

A Betfair account is a useful thing to have. I'm sure you'll find other bets.
  • hammerite
    DeadCalm wrote:

Ted King, he's in a world of pain to though isn't he following the crash on Saturday?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

:lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited July 2013
    DeadCalm wrote:
    From what Kirby was going on about yesterday, it's meant to indicate that they have an audio feed from race/team radio at that point. He also said they had some problems feeding it through into the commentary feed so that's maybe why they aren't paying much attention to it at the moment.

Edit: too slow!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Jesus, how can Kirby and Sean not know that King has a buggered shoulder from the crash in St 1?

Havent people heard of the usefulness of up-to-date knowledge before going on air? :roll:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    hammerite wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Ted King, he's in a world of pain to though isn't he following the crash on Saturday?

King now is about 25 meters off the back of the Cannondale train. The American is still suffering from his crash and he's on a normal road bike. Perhaps because of his injuries.
    Cnews
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    edited July 2013
    double post!
  • adr82
    Argh, the Froomeglasses make their first appearance of the day. Why does nobody tell him how bad they look??
  • nic_77
    Jesus, how can Kirby and Sean not know that King has a buggered shoulder from the crash in St 1?

Havent people heard of the usefulness of up-to-date knowledge before going on air? :roll:
    ...and they've just been speculating about Confidis only starting with 8 riders, as though the last chap is going to follow on behind when he's finished his coffee...

Yoann Bagot retired yesterday. :roll:
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    edited July 2013

It's ok, they couldn't work out why Bagot wasn't starting for Cofidis despite Sean announcing mid stage yesterday that he had retired

Edit: damn nic, you're quick- beat me on the radio post as well lol
  • adr82
    nic_77 wrote:

...and they've just been speculating about Confidis only starting with 8 riders, as though the last chap is going to follow on behind when he's finished his coffee...

Yoann Bagot retired yesterday. :roll:
    Haha... you could understand that (a bit) if it was 15 stages in or something, but the Tour has only been going on for a few days! Not that hard to keep up with injuries and retirements...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Just seen the new Skoda TdF ad on Eurosport - quite like a company that's prepared to show their cars getting beat up as part of an ad campaign!
  • DeadCalm
    Lotto only 8 seconds down on OPQS. Suggests to me that OPQS aren't going particularly fast unless Lotto are over-performing.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Halfway point: OPQS only 8 seconds faster than Lotto. 1 minute faster than Argos.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Haha, lotto belisol 2nd out of 3 through the checkpoint- doing better than expected, could be on a quick one ffs :shock:

8 seconds down at halfway ain't great