TDF 2013 - *SPOILERS*: Le Tour: Etape 3 Ajaccio-Calvi

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Much better if it had been less than 14ks to race from the top of the last climb.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    so is Gerrans now OGE's top sprinter?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Nice finish. Sagan will be kicking himself there.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Grats to OGE. Should make for an entertaining episode of Back Stage Pass! :wink:
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Good finish though.

TTT tomorrow. Good!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    marvelous
    another good stage, not quite at yesterdays level of quality but vevry very good
  • TMR
    edited July 2013

Why would he? He tried, he lost. He's got nothing to be embarrassed/ashamed about.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Think Sky need to let EBH know he can't sprint anymore. Seems to go backwards now in a bunch sprint- definitely not a TDI engine now
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    MrTapir wrote:
    so is Gerrans now OGE's top sprinter?

Well given Goss's post HTC form - yes
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Can't argue with that, well done Gerrans, nicely taken!

Sagain into green and one wonders if he ll ever take it off again this year...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Another good finish.

Where was the bus...
  • slim_boy_fat

Why would he? He tried, he lost. He's got nothing to be embarrassed/ashamed about.
    Position A1 with 400 to go but didn't get the win. I'm sure he would have preferred to be one place higher, no? And who mentioned embarrassed/ashamed?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    andytee87 wrote:
    Think Sky need to let EBH know he can't sprint anymore. Seems to go backwards now in a bunch sprint- definitely not a TDI engine now

He went out the back (or at least was only just clinging on) on the climb, so probably did too much to get back in. I wouldn't say it's over for him yet.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Cillian Kelly ‏@irishpeloton
    Odds of the race leaving Corsica with no stage wins for Cavendish, Greipel or Sagan? Very high I'd have thought….

Fair point...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Top win for Gerro.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    hammerite wrote:
    andytee87 wrote:

He went out the back (or at least was only just clinging on) on the climb, so probably did too much to get back in. I wouldn't say it's over for him yet.

EBH in yellow tomorrow :D
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    edited July 2013
    EBH in yellow after tomorrow's stage?

Edit: Beaten to it...
  • frenchfighter
    Gerrans` last Tour win was 2008 (where he cemented his King of the wheel sucker status)

1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge 3:41:24
    2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling
    3 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil (Spa) Movistar Team
    4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
    5 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
    6 Juan Antonio Flecha Giannoni (Spa) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
    7 Francesco Gavazzi (Ita) Astana Pro Team
    8 Maxime Bouet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
    9 Julien Simon (Fra) Sojasun
    10 Gorka Izaguirre Insausti (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andytee87
    hammerite wrote:
    andytee87 wrote:

Might be yes, same happened stage 1 though (where Millar beat him). Think the focus on him working for a gc leader on lower slopes has knocked a bit of his top end speed. Solid top 10 bet on these bumpy routes, just wouldn't back him for the win too often.

Edit: just saw he's in yellow. So to clarify- I'm not knocking him as a rider, just think he's lost top end speed. But congrats for the yellow jersey
  • hammerite
    Bakelants just looked like an embarrassed schoolboy collecting his jersey and kisses from the podium girls!
  • andytee87
    andytee87 wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    andytee87 wrote:

Might be yes, same happened stage 1 though (where Millar beat him). Think the focus on him working for a gc leader on lower slopes has knocked a bit of his top end speed. Solid top 10 bet on these bumpy routes, just wouldn't back him for the win too often.

Edit: just saw he's in yellow. So to clarify- I'm not knocking him as a rider, just think he's lost top end speed. But congrats for the yellow jersey

Whoops, bakelants still in Yellow
  • TMR

Position A1 with 400 to go but didn't get the win. I'm sure he would have preferred to be one place higher, no? And who mentioned embarrassed/ashamed?

Position isn't everything, that's bike racing. That was my interpretation of what you posted. Was that wrong? Then make your posts more clear. Preferably using crayons :wink:
  • TMR
    Gerrans` last Tour win was 2008 (where he cemented his King of the wheel sucker status)

I remember it well! ;-)
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Oh look who popped his Aussie nose into the wind at the very last moment.
    Teamwork & timing wins.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    G came in with the gruppetto

Hat. Big hat.
  • slim_boy_fat

Position isn't everything, that's bike racing. That was my interpretation of what you posted. Was that wrong? Then make your posts more clear. Preferably using crayons :wink:
    lol, what a dick. Improve your interpretation.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962

Was it Valverde?
  • TMR
    lol, what a dick. Improve your interpretation.

I was being light hearted. if you are going to be a penis, then go f*ck yourself. Silly little tw@t :P
  • frenchfighter

Was it Valverde?

If you are still beating this drum I suggest you watch more cycle racing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    edited July 2013
    So is this Rolland telling everyone he's going for stages/mountains jersey and not GC?

I know he's still not lost any time and he doesn't have many points compared to what's on offer for the next few weeks, you just wouldn't expect these attacks at this stage from someone aiming high on GC.