TDF 2013 - *SPOILERS*: Le Tour: Etape 3 Ajaccio-Calvi

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    oneof1982 wrote:
    The most stunning three day advert for the Corisican Tourist Board. It is now on the list.

Also very, very scary is the cost of living.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    5 pages in and there is no mention of who is in the break!

Lieuwe Westra (Vacansoleil-DCM), Sebastien Minard (AG2R), Alexis Vuillermoz (Sojasun), Cyril Gautier (Europcar) and Simon Clarke (Orica-GreenEdge) had about 4mins but Saxo then Sky brought it down to about 1min.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    What's with all these forts.
    We can see they're old forts.
    A big castle like building on the coast - is a fort - yes, got that.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703

Lieuwe Westra (Vacansoleil-DCM), Sebastien Minard (AG2R), Alexis Vuillermoz (Sojasun), Cyril Gautier (Europcar) and Simon Clarke (Orica-GreenEdge) had about 4mins but Saxo then Sky brought it down to about 1min.

Too busy oggling at the scenery 8)
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2013
    Both Corsica and Sardinia are ringed by Catalonian forts. They were built as a defense against raids by corsairs in the Middle Ages.
  • oneof1982
    Crash
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    edited July 2013
    Chute!

Edit: Terpstra. OPQS having no luck.
  • RideOnTime
    oneof1982 wrote:

Too busy oggling at the scenery 8)

I guess the rest of Orica-Greenedge are busy preparing to ram the bus into the finish gantry.
  • oneof1982
    Terpstra down. Winded?
  • Le Commentateur
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Chute!

Perfectly timed for ITV4's lengthy ad break.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    What's the climate like in the spring (March-May)? Majorca/Canaries get a big influx of training holiday tourists that time of year, looks like Corsica has similar terrain for this too (but maybe not the logistics).
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    edited July 2013
    oneof1982 wrote:
    The most stunning three day advert for the Corisican Tourist Board. It is now on the list.

Don't miss out Bonifacio on the southern tip of the island. Have a look via Google Images.

There was some great footage of Bonifacio during the first stage. Amazing harbour and citadel. Corsica had me with Bonifacio on the first day, the rest is just a bonus.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I think Corsica has one of the highest murder rates in Europe?

Well it's killing Cavs chances :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • oneof1982
    ITV4 and ES seem to have got wise to my "switch when the adverts come on" strategy. Adverts on both sides at the same time.
  • oneof1982

There was some great footage of Bonifacio during the first stage. Amazing harbour and citadel. Corsica had me with Bonifacio on the first day, the rest is just a bonus.

I did have a day trip to Bonifacio from Sardinia a few years ago. Big ferries run back and forward. Need to see more though.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    28-30 degrees out

Yoann Bagot of Cofidis abandons
    Contador is the Greatest
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Good one ATC. Are you well into your wines?

I like a tipple as long as it is ABC, but I'm more of a port lover. My husband is the real wine buff. He told me where to look online for Corsican suggestions.

We've decided we're going to Corsica on holiday next year. Looks like they're going to get a lot of extra visitors following this. :D

Get yourself to Vyne, they lovely their cycling and wine in there. They were showing off the new Belkin shirt at the weekend.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • RideOnTime
    Stannard.

Work horse.
  • Le Commentateur
    edited July 2013
    Good Stannard: didn't throw his energy bar wrapper away, just put in back in another pocket – sportive mamils take note.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    oneof1982 wrote:
    ITV4 and ES seem to have got wise to my "switch when the adverts come on" strategy. Adverts on both sides at the same time.
    Yep. Frustrating isn't it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Have I got time for a haircut before this finishes?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Le Commentateur
    90 minutes to go at least.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ddraver wrote:
    Have I got time for a haircut before this finishes?

If your hair's like Urans - you've got no chance :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RideOnTime
    Your hair or someone else's.
    Don't cut hair while watching unless they wear a helmet.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Good Stannard: didn't throw his energy bar wrapper away, just put in back in another pocket – sportive mamils take note.

Don't tar us all with the same brush! :wink:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I'm always really impressed with how comfortable these guys look on the drops. I am a complete retard on the drops :oops:
  • Le Commentateur
    A lot of them have shallow drop handlebars, which I must say are a lot more comfortable.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    I'm always really impressed with how comfortable these guys look on the drops. I am a complete retard on the drops :oops:

To be fair, you could have left "on the drops" out of that second sentence ;-)

Sorry, just frustrated and jealous at work. Saw a couple of the screenshots earlier and.... Will definitely be watching the highlights, lets put it like that.

PS - any good live text-ticker updates out there? One with a profile graphic would be ace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2013
    Jens is not riding a Smurf bike. Is he just too damn 'hard' for a Puffo bike?
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2013
    PS - any good live text-ticker updates out there? One with a profile graphic would be ace.

The official one isn't bad http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2013/us/live/aso/

EDIT - I should say if you click on the cyclists it tells you who's in the break, who the straggler is etc.