Is the Brit' Champions Jersey the lamest in cycling?

Comments

• moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    ju5t1n wrote:
    Kris_House2.jpeg
    I think think this is a class, quality jersey, fuul of tradition & history - keep it -
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    British_Cycling_Champions_Jersey.png

the end

this thread is shameful
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The jersey in general is decent and there are many that are much worse. The only problem is that it could be misinterpreted for NED:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvZPeETLA2ifPFcE4JU_SZfcxeUzaOoLqXmMmmofyrTWW5rvyh
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    The jersey in general is decent and there are many that are much worse. The only problem is that it could be misinterpreted for NED:

no it can't.... if you are confused please go and die in a fire before posting views on the correctness of any national jersey
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited June 2013
    The End
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

no it can't.... if you are confused please go and die in a fire before posting views on the correctness of any national jersey

Nice
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

FYI I wasnt referring to your jersey design, just them in general.

Regardless, I would remember to take your medicine before you post on here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Midi has just out frenchied frenchie....

I think the current GB jersey is very much a meh, but then a meh is better than an ewwwww....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Crikey, some folks get excited ... The GB jersey is naff but I suppose there is now a history behind it so changing it wouldn't be the cycling way ...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The GB is ok. And it's going to look superb with the rainbow bands around the arms!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Crikey, some folks get excited ... The GB jersey is naff but I suppose there is now a history behind it so changing it wouldn't be the cycling way ...

Might have to change if Scotland vote for independence.
  • Crankbrother

Might have to change if Scotland vote for independence.

See, there are no winners in Scotland becoming independent ...
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    I'm not sure why we don't have something that looks a bit more like this...

gb_jersey_zpse8fe28b5.jpg

I know the Union flag is somewhat controversial, but hey, it is a cool flag.
  • mididoctors

just suggesting it is tantamount to blasphemy resulting in instant excommunication
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Could go down the MTB route of just having one "champion sleeve "

_dsc5322_670.jpg

or just around the legs and gloves
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    nic_77 wrote:

because it makes you look like a 1970's pedo?

Seriously you can imagine jimmy saville wearing that on TOTPs?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    That MTB union jack single sleeve...

ABOMINATION

Get away from yer, fella.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Yep.
    Jimmy-Saville-in-2000-008_zps7636d5fd.jpg
    :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    How about something like this?

pozzato2.jpg

But with blue instead of green, obviously.

(I am joking of course...)
  • Crankbrother
    nic_77 wrote:

I know the Union flag is somewhat controversial, but hey, it is a cool flag.

But it's the GB chamionships, not the UK ... although GB is represented by the union flag it's not quite correct to use it to show the GB chamion as it doesn't cover all nations represented in the flag ...
  • nic_77
    nic_77 wrote:

Oh. I suppose crankbrother will be in favour of it then.

As a complete aside, I went to Latvia in 2004, and all the cool kids in the nightclubs were wearing retro cycling jerseys. Did that ever take off elsewhere?
  • nic_77
    nic_77 wrote:
    Oh. I suppose crankbrother will be in favour of it then.
    something or other

Ha. Looks like crossed posts.
    Crankbrother obviously smelt a mention of his 'hero' JS.
    I'd go on record that Jimmy Saville deserved his knighthood more [than Wiggins]...
  • Crankbrother
    Not a hero, just more of one than Wiggo ... which isn't a compliment to Saville ...
  • mididoctors
    --Darren-- wrote:

nuff said
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    nic_77 wrote:
    As a complete aside, I went to Latvia in 2004, and all the cool kids in the nightclubs were wearing retro cycling jerseys. Did that ever take off elsewhere?
    They were quite popular in the late 80s/early 90s dance music scene in the UK.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    RichN95 wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:
    They were quite popular in the late 80s/early 90s dance music scene in the UK.

Cycling jerseys and disco biscuits - a natural combo in any setting
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Not a hero, just more of one than Wiggo ... which isn't a compliment to Saville ...

You honestly believe that Bradley Wiggins is less worthy of admiration than the most prolific child molester ever exposed in Britain? A man who abused his position of trust to sexually exploit young people literally hundreds of times?

Have a word.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Crankbrother

You honestly believe that Bradley Wiggins is less worthy of admiration than the most prolific child molester ever exposed in Britain? A man who abused his position of trust to sexually exploit young people literally hundreds of times?

Have a word.

I'm (almost) certain Saville wasn't knighted for kiddie-fiddling ... I am certain that Wiggo was knighted for riding for his own personal glory ...

I have no love for either ... I just know it winds the Wigginswankers (copyright pending) up ... and adds some perspective to what we hand out honours for, and to whom ...
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

Have a word.

I'm (almost) certain Saville wasn't knighted for kiddie-fiddling ... I am certain that Wiggo was knighted for riding for his own personal glory ...

I have no love for either ... I just know it winds the Wigginswankers (copyright pending) up ... and adds some perspective to what we hand out honours for, and to whom ...

That's pretty distorted reasoning, IMO. I don't like Wiggins, I'm not a big fan of Sky either, but to say 'Sir' Jimmy is more of a hero than 'Sir' Bradley is seriously messed up.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.