ride london stsrt times

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Arrive 5.00
    Load 5.24
    Start 6.00

Fcuk a 3.00am wake up and I have to ride up from being dropped off at Blackwall lane
  • IanREmery
    IanREmery Posts: 148
    Do you really think they'll be people in blobby suits? Get real, it's 100 miles with a 9 hour cutoff. Not the bleeding London to Brighton! I think everyone will have a great ride. (Blind optimism)
  • VO2min
    VO2min Posts: 28
    So is the load time when the pen opens or closes? I understand that they don't want people rocking up at the last minute, but it's 6 in the morning and there's no point in hanging around for an hour before hand getting cold if you could be sleeping.
  • 6:58 for me - I guess we get the colours when we pick up our rider packs from the excel?
  • Simon-R7
    Simon-R7 Posts: 59
    07.14 for me as well, see you all there. Looking forward to it.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Your arrival time at QEOP: 05:16
    Your personal load time is: 05:40
    Your Personal start time: 06:16

Thank god I'm staying just over the road.
  • bikergirl17
    bikergirl17 Posts: 344
    Awesome that those with early starts complaining too! I fully expect a queue to get up leith hill -- perhaps even box. I've done several bike events rides starting in the back on big wide roads & it still has taken nearly an hour to move past people. But I did enter for the "experience" -- and it certainly will be one. But really no one should need to walk those climbs -- they're not particularly steep and a newer cyclist is likely on a bike with a 11-32 compact!
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Ahh, yes! Good thing I checked this thread. Email was in my junk folder.
    Will be a quick 10miles down to the start for me.

Your arrival time at QEOP: 05:16
    Your personal load time is: 05:40
    Your Personal start time: 06:16
  • tringa100
    tringa100 Posts: 3
    Has anyone worked out what the blue and black start thing is all about? I was expecting it to say... 'and you are in the blue start' or whatever but it doesn't seem to. Presumably you have to go to a different place... you'd think they would specify.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    06:10

Pretty happy with that...my biggest concern with the time is that i'll need to get up at 3.30 am and start riding over about 4am...doesnt bode well for the timing of the pre-event shit :D
  • Arrival at 06.06
    Load 06.30
    Start 07.06

I think i estimated the course taking me 6 hrs 20 mins, and I'm on a charity place, met my £500 target on the fundraising last week so adding extra donations on top of that now, staying at a travelodge nearby so hopefully a short ride to the QEOP for the start.... looking forward to it
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Your arrival time at QEOP: 05:31

Your personal load time is: 05:55

Your Personal start time: 06:31

Coming in from Essex, so if anyone wants to share my car and car parking (still need to book) let me know
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    FFS...stop bloody moaning and just look forward to the day :roll:

So what if you didn't get the start time you wanted. So what if your not going to be able to do your fastest 100 mile ride. Go and race instead if speed is your goal :!: So what if people will be riding in costumes for charity. So what if people are using 11-32 cassettes. Miserable buggers the lot of you :(

It's the first one. Your going to be part of something unique and special. I'm sure there will be problems, hold ups, or whatever, who cares:?:

Let's all try and enjoy the day for what it is. A celebration of cycling :D Doesn't matter what bike your on, what kit you wear, what gearing your using, what your average speed is, what time you start or what time you finish.

I know I will :D
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    essjaydee wrote:

So what if you didn't get the start time you wanted. So what if your not going to be able to do your fastest 100 mile ride. Go and race instead if speed is your goal :!: So what if people will be riding in costumes for charity. So what if people are using 11-32 cassettes. Miserable buggers the lot of you :(

It's the first one. Your going to be part of something unique and special. I'm sure there will be problems, hold ups, or whatever, who cares:?:

Let's all try and enjoy the day for what it is. A celebration of cycling :D Doesn't matter what bike your on, what kit you wear, what gearing your using, what your average speed is, what time you start or what time you finish.

Well said!

I'll be one of those fu@kwits wo doesn't know what he's doing and will move aside for you if you ring your bell as you approach.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Only just noticed email. 6.16 start time :shock:
    It's getting sooooooo close now :P

Am thinking some early morning training rides might be a good idea?
  • Carbonator wrote:
    Only just noticed email. 6.16 start time :shock:
    It's getting sooooooo close now :P

Am thinking some early morning training rides might be a good idea?
    I've been doing a lot of 6am rides recently, partly for training but also having a 7 month old boy forces us up at around that time!

I'm sure it's doing me some good even if I'm absolutely nackered by 6pm
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    6:54 start for me. I'm perfectly happy with that. It's going to be an early start and I've got a 6 mile ride from my car park, buy I'm seeing that as a warm up. I seriously need to crack on with my fund raising now, though.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    6:16 start. Team of 4 hoping for a 5 hour ride. So I should be able to finish and have lunch before lunch. Sweet!
  • Boleynboy
    Boleynboy Posts: 83
    Well I put down an estimated ride time of sub 7 hours and I am going off at 7.54, right at the back, so not sure what has happened there? However, it does mean I do not have to get up at silly o'clock, and I can practise my over taking skills!
    Tbh I am just happy to be taking part, I think it is going to be a great event, and I am sure the thousands who did not get a place would bite my arm off for my place, 7.54 start or not!
    Now just the Etape to get out of the way first next weekend.
  • Chris87
    Chris87 Posts: 224
    Still waiting on my time but I'm expecting to do it under 5 1/2 hours so guess I'll be setting off pretty early! Will have to pack some arm and leg warmers!

luckily I'm booked into a holiday in round the corner from the start so it wont be too painful!
  • Anonymous
    Chris87 wrote:
    Still waiting on my time but I'm expecting to do it under 5 1/2 hours so guess I'll be setting off pretty early! Will have to pack some arm and leg warmers!

luckily I'm booked into a holiday in round the corner from the start so it wont be too painful!

Have you filled out the travel survey? I am thinking they might not give you a start time until this is done as it is part of registration.

Are you able to take your bike into the room? What are you doing about food?
  • Chris87
    Chris87 Posts: 224
    I've not had anything through yet but I think this is partly because I'm riding on team skoda so the registration was handled through them, a couple of others on the team have only just got their times so I think it'd taking a while to work through the system. You don't have to fill in the survey to get your time.

I don't know if I can take my bike into the room but I'm sharing a room with my brother and he is driving down the day before so worse case we will leave the bikes in the car, as for food I only eat granola and yoghurt before a big ride so will take that with me.
  • adydow
    adydow Posts: 92
    I don't know if I can take my bike into the room
    The hotel I'm staying at said it was ok for me to keep my bike in the room, which is handy as I can dump my bike in the hotel then head over to registration on Saturday.
    Of course its about the bike! Although having the legs helps.
  • thegreatdivide
    That's 4 of us going off at 6.16. I'll be the one drafting ;-)
  • Anonymous

I kind of think I might be at the back :oops:

What time are you (and the other two 6.16'ers) likely to do it in?
  • thegreatdivide
    Carbonator wrote:

I kind of think I might be at the back :oops:

What time are you (and the other two 6.16'ers) likely to do it in?

Managed to do this year's Etape Caledonia (81 miles) in 3 hrs 52 mins with a pee stop thrown in, so I'd like to think I can make it back in under 5 hrs.
  • essjaydee wrote:

very well put ,some people on here are so far up there own asses ,complaining about start times and being behind all the muppets and how fast they gonna do it ,bloody wannabe pros dressed in full sky kit , I shall be treating it as a nice ride in the sun I hope and chat on way round to fellow cyclists who don't take it too seriously
  • pashda
    pashda Posts: 99
    0642 start for me which is ok. Trust me anyone expecting to set a pb for 100 miles is going to be disappointed. Best to just enjoy being part of the event, think of all those who would love to have got a slot. In years to come being able to say you did the 1st ridelondon will be great. Have fun and ride safe everyone
  • thegreatdivide
    very well put ,some people on here are so far up there own asses ,complaining about start times and being behind all the muppets and how fast they gonna do it ,bloody wannabe pros dressed in full sky kit , I shall be treating it as a nice ride in the sun I hope and chat on way round to fellow cyclists who don't take it too seriously

Nice contradiction!
  • Der Kaiser
    Der Kaiser Posts: 172
    I am glad I didn't get in this event now. I would not have been impressed at starting at 6am. Basically the organisers want everyone out of the way before the Pros have a race. I think this will ruin it for some of the slower riders who could well be forced off the course without completing it.

Why not have the Sportive on the Saturday and the race on the Sunday?