The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Very sad that mine didn't turn up. I'll just have to go order my wheels to make up for it.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    cjcp wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    You people are not helping with all this 'ooh, it's so nice and light' now that it's back in stock. I might have gone and asked Flubit to find me a cheaper price...

From the bargain thread iirc, flubit came in at 480 which is not as good as the cashback you would get from quidco/top cashback.

Surprised they are back in stock in every size, I wonder how they are laying their hands on so much stock.
    I am half tempted to order a 56 in case my 54 turns out to be too small, and just sell on whichever one does not fit...
    Daft or sensible?

It's the same logic women use when buying shoes off the interweb. Therefore, it must make sense.

How tall are you? My old CR1 was a 56cm and I'm 5'11/ 6ft.
    At 5'10" I'm thinking of the 56. Assume that's right. I have the 58cm Boardman
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    dhope wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    You people are not helping with all this 'ooh, it's so nice and light' now that it's back in stock. I might have gone and asked Flubit to find me a cheaper price...

From the bargain thread iirc, flubit came in at 480 which is not as good as the cashback you would get from quidco/top cashback.

Surprised they are back in stock in every size, I wonder how they are laying their hands on so much stock.
    I am half tempted to order a 56 in case my 54 turns out to be too small, and just sell on whichever one does not fit...
    Daft or sensible?

It's the same logic women use when buying shoes off the interweb. Therefore, it must make sense.

I'm on a 56 Scott, if that helps. Although not the CR1.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    dhope wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Daft or sensible?

Yep, I'd go with the 56.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    cjcp wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Daft or sensible?

Hiya, I am 5ft 10, but a 34 inch inseam and therefore comparitively short torso, and subsequently less reach.

My 56 Felt has a 56 top tube, which is identical, it would seem, to the 56 cr1.
    My Felt feels a little stretched which I have tried to counteract by fitting an inline seatpost and shorter stem.

I can't fathom, or do not have the knowledge to ascertain if the geometry on the cr1 means that a 56 will be fine for me.
    The risk with a 54 is that the saddle will need to be way up, but am hoping that would still work with a longer stem etc.
    It kind of makes sense I think, but am wondering to cover the bases and order a 56.
    I would have thought I would be able to sell it on for little or no loss?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    edited June 2013
    D post
  • daniel_b
    cjcp wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Daft or sensible?

Hiya, I am 5ft 10, but a 34 inch inseam and therefore comparitively short torso, and subsequently less reach.

My 56 Felt has a 56 top tube, which is identical, it would seem, to the 56 cr1.
    My Felt feels a little stretched which I have tried to counteract by fitting an inline seatpost and shorter stem.

I can't fathom, or do not have the knowledge to ascertain if the geometry on the cr1 means that a 56 will be fine for me.
    The risk with a 54 is that the saddle will need to be way up, but am hoping that would still work with a longer stem etc.
    It kind of makes sense I think, but am wondering to cover the bases and order a 56.
    I would have thought I would be able to sell it on for little or no loss?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • avababy24
    I've gone for a 54. I'm 176 cm/5' 10" and have spoken with other users/westbrook and even Dolan as I was on the verge of getting a Ares SL until this popped up and after given them some measurements from my other bike a Alan Mercurial even they said M. So don't think I can be far wrong. Always a tricky one though where your right inbetween either, never know if it's better to go larger in cases like this ??

Nige
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I'd go with a bigger frame and a shorter stem (if necessary); I don't like feeling over the front wheel or headset so much.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm 5'9" with a 32.5" inside leg and I have a 54 which was fitted for me by Sigma. I do, however, have layback seat post so I could probably have had a 56. Not sure.

I want one of these but then I'd have two Scott CR1s and that would make no sense. If I keep repeating it then eventually I will believe it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Bike sizing is a nightmare, I have a 52 Ribble sportive, 54 Cervelo R5, 56 Trek 1.7, 54 Dolan CX, 56 Ribble Winter, 56 Dolan track, 56 531 steel and now a 54 Scott CR1 :roll:

I'm copying Rolf and bagging a spare framset just in case.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    God damn it! Am I going to the the only person here with a standard CR1 whilst the rest of you use SLs a pub beaters?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • dhope
    itboffin wrote:
    I dont want one
    itboffin wrote:
    now a 54 Scott CR1 :roll:
    37162448.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope
    Asprilla wrote:
    God damn it! Am I going to the the only person here with a standard CR1 whilst the rest of you use SLs a pub beaters?
    Might get one as a polo bike...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    I had initially bought the addict HTC that was on sale but now the CR1 is back in stock have ordered that. If anyone is looking for the addict in large let me know otherwise its getting returned.

Bargains galore to be had!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • avababy24
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'm 5'9" with a 32.5" inside leg and I have a 54 which was fitted for me by Sigma. I do, however, have layback seat post so I could probably have had a 56. Not sure.

I want one of these but then I'd have two Scott CR1s and that would make no sense. If I keep repeating it then eventually I will believe it.
    What length stem you running out of interest ?

Cheers

Nige
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    alansd1980 wrote:
    I had initially bought the addict HTC that was on sale but now the CR1 is back in stock have ordered that. If anyone is looking for the addict in large let me know otherwise its getting returned.

Bargains galore to be had!

That a Large ?
    I'd prefer an Addict (the HTC or the SL that sold out) but I think, at 5'10 - 11" with about 33" inside leg whilst a CR1 large dimensions are just about ok for me the Addict is likely a touch big ?
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    I now have my frame hanging in the garage where I can see it, ready to be built up in 6 weeks time after the Dartmoor Classic.
  • jonny_trousers
    I'd love to know where these framesets have suddenly come from. Chris Boardman must be going mental in his underground lair.

You lot are going to have fun trying to get on the right bikes after a couple of pints in The Morpeth.
  • jonny_trousers
    Speaking of pints. Whoever it was spotted this deal and posted about it here should be able to drink free for the next year. Until we discover these frames were found in a skip out the back of Scott Towers, that is.
  • asprilla
    avababy24 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

What length stem you running out of interest ?

Cheers

Nige

100mm
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    tincaman wrote:

Interestingly, £599 on eBay, to include 5 year Scott warranty, or £499 on their website without. Personally, I'd go cheap, but then I'm an honorary Scotsman/Yorkshireman (delete as appropriate prejudice requires), and have stayed off ordering on the belief that it's too similar to my Roubaix and that I've just been given a similar-sized bill for house marketing.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited June 2013
    itboffin wrote:

I was going to say "because we all know that having £500 of plastic lying around cluttering a shelf up makes loads of economic and practical sense" is a slightly sarcastic manner and then it occurred to me that even in five years the potentially unused CR1 frame is probably still going to be worth more than the £500 left in the bank!

What worries me is my OCD spares collecting mentality means I do intend to have a complete bike of parts at somepoint meaning there is a risk that a wet weekend will result in a new bike magically appearing. Probably just as well that these don't come with the headset fitted!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Being sucked into this ridiculous bargain.....

Does anyone know what I'd need to fit a SRAM S901 chainset? These are 30mm axle diameter but slightly longer than BB30.

I'm guessing its a Rotor 4130, one of these:

http://www.rotorbike.com/products/road/ ... 6-frame_40

Is that right though as I'm still not completely sure about bb86 vs bb90 vs bb91.....

Thanks
  • daniel_b
    itboffin wrote:
    Bike sizing is a nightmare, I have a 52 Ribble sportive, 54 Cervelo R5, 56 Trek 1.7, 54 Dolan CX, 56 Ribble Winter, 56 Dolan track, 56 531 steel and now a 54 Scott CR1 :roll:

What made you plump for the 54 ITB?
    Can I ask what your dimensions are - and by that I mean inside leg and height!
    Still debating ordering a 56.

And a general observation - shimano rs30 wheels seem to be heavier than the humble wh500.
    What am I missing?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Been a life saver after being told riding a 56cm frame was detrimental to the injury I have.

Ordered a 54cm which is due in the Thursday.

Great lads at Westbrook are even fitting the Rotor press fit bottom bracket I've had to purchase.

Now have that new bike excitement.

Anyone want a Canyon in 56cm? :lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Because at 5 9-10 at a stretch with short legs and longer arms I'm smack in between 54-56 therefore if I go 54 I can always fit a longer stem and seat post, this has been my exp so far, this time I'll probably be totally wrong and end up looking like a circus clown.

I've been riding a 54 cannondale supersix evo the last week with a 110 stem which was at least 10cm to short IMO

Oddly I also needed the saddle height about .5cm higher, not sure why that would be.

I've also been dropping my stack height this year to try and improve my somewhat non aero tuck.

Plus Rolf has a point regarding investment potential, having opened my savings account statement yesterday, I think I could probably get lunch and a coffee ...just about.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    itboffin wrote:
    Because at 5 9-10 at a stretch with short legs and longer arms I'm smack in between 54-56 therefore if I go 54 I can always fit a longer stem and seat post, this has been my exp so far, this time I'll probably be totally wrong and end up looking like a circus clown.

I've been riding a 54 cannondale supersix evo the last week with a 110 stem which was at least 10cm to short IMO
    Oddly I also needed the saddle height about .5cm higher, not sure why that would be.

I've also been dropping my stack height this year to try and improve my somewhat non aero tuck.

Plus Rolf has a point regarding investment potential, having opened my savings account statement yesterday, I think I could probably get lunch and a coffee ...just about.

are you a giant?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Hmm. I have a delivery expected between 12h58 and 13h58. :)
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.