The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    davis wrote:
    Thanks very much. I don't believe I've ever typed in my address and credit card details that quickly....

Pleasure :D

I assume this will become the official 'build' thread in time.
    I think I plan to fit 105, and my felts old r500 wheels.
    Not in any huge hurry, so will try and keep eyes peeled for a groupset bargain, probably from ribble or merlin.

Will keep eyes peeled for semi decent wheels also, any recommendations around the £200 mark?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Daniel B wrote:
    Had despatch e-mail today also.

Bugger is i'm in France for 10 days, so really hope my brother, who is house sitting for me, is in when they call, otherwise it may get returned to westbrook.... :-(

Be interested to hear whether the bb and headset come fitted into the frame.
    Anyone know what courier they are using?
    I am hoping not tnt.

Have a look at the post above yours. MrB has spoken with Westbrook and apparently BB comes fitted, which is a bonus as it'll save on paying LBS to fit as I don't have the specific tools.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    indyP wrote:
    Have a look at the post above yours. MrB has spoken with Westbrook and apparently BB comes fitted, which is a bonus as it'll save on paying LBS to fit as I don't have the specific tools.

It is good though Shimano's site just suggests using a vice to press in the BB
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • daniel_b
    indyP wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    Had despatch e-mail today also.

Bugger is i'm in France for 10 days, so really hope my brother, who is house sitting for me, is in when they call, otherwise it may get returned to westbrook.... :-(

Be interested to hear whether the bb and headset come fitted into the frame.
    Anyone know what courier they are using?
    I am hoping not tnt.

Doh... so it does :oops:

Very handy. Wonder how much the tool is for when it need changes, I too do not own one.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited May 2013
    Duplicate post.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Likely silly questions re the planet x finishing kit.

What is the difference between the afx4 and amx5 packages?
    Do they both contain the emx5 handlebar? http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/HBEMXEMX5CA/eddy_merckx_emx5_carbon_anatomic_handlebar

Is the bar a flat top bar like a wing one, so nice and flat on top so you could leave it free of tape?
    It looks like it might be, but does not go into much detail.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Roastie wrote:
    Oh man, that is a crazy bargain!

Too crazy for me to resist, especially as I've been looking for a grey / black frame to hang my nice wheels on! In the context of imminent de-testiculation, the wife has been busily filling her wardrobe with Fat Face clobber over the last few months, so there'll be a distinct whiff of hypocrisy in the air if she issues her usual response of "you don't need to buy a new x/y/z"... and I can class it as a 40th birthday present to myself :lol:

What to build it up with? All the bits off my current 'best' bike:
    * the aforementioned nice wheels http://www.tredz.co.uk/.DT-Swiss-R-1500 ... tAodRE4AXA
    * Ritchey WCS bars / stem / post
    * Ultegra drivetrain bits

Currently have old style 105 shifters so will have to splash out on new Ultegras - reckon that by the time I've finished I'll have a full carbon / full Ultegra bike for about £1400 with the rrps of the frameset & wheels alone coming to £2600 :shock: :D

There may well be a 2004 aluminium Trek 1400 frame & a fair bit of Tiagra & 105 stuff in the classifieds soon...
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Stupid question alert! What kind of front mech will be required? Braze on?
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    I'm having to wait till this time next week due to my work schedule :( On the up side I will be collecting in person from the shop as Westbrook are only about 6 miles from my house :D

So what size have people gone for and why ?

What groupsets are people planning to use and why ?

I'm planning on Grey Ultegra, with some 50mm Notorious Carbon clinchers on Hope hubs. I've ordered a 54 I'm 5' 10" could probably have got away with a large but I've taken measurements from my current Alan build and 54 should work fine.

Nige
  • I have now just blown my entire cycling budget on a frame that I can't afford to kit out - sure it'll be worth it in the long run!
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Front mech is brace-on.
    Seat post required is 31.6
    BB comes included it seems and takes standard Shimano cranksets - at least it seems that's the case at least for the cranks where the axle is part of the drive-side assembly.
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    My frame comes in on Wednesday, not sure how I am going to build it up, but its going to have to be a commuter, as n+1 isnt going to work.

Does anyone know what tires sizes I can run on it and will I have to use raceblades as mudguards?

thanks
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Westbrook confirmed june 4th for my delivery, can't wait tbh! Has anyone received theirs yet?
    Also noticed sizes L & XL now sold out. I planned to leave it until next week so very happy I ordered one sooner!
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    ordered a 56 today at midday, looks like they sold out soon after that. excited about my first roadie build. I was looking at a whole bike in the £1500 to £2000 mark, but this adds up nicely.

thinking of grey ultegra and r80s - have not got a clue on the rest of the finishing kit though!
  • daniel_b
    Any opinion on RS30's for wheels?

Seem a decent price, and have reasonable reviews.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • meanredspider
    It's kinda nice but it's unlikely any two are going to be the same.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • daniel_b
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • meanredspider
    Daniel B wrote:

Not familiar with either but, in the same price range, I'd have thought Shimano RS80s were a good bet too.
  • andyrr
    Now only Small (52) and XXL (61) remaining ...
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Sold out. Good....temptation is removed....
  • andyrr
    Ay, me too, was sooo close to pulling the trigger but
    a) Really don't need one
    b) Sizing for me might have been a little bit between sizes, between M and L : once I'd kind of decided I wanted but didn't need one I then had to decide between the CR1 and Addict and I think the Addict was better sized for me but the M sold out quicker so I hummed and hawed until too late. Pennies saved - don't think wife would have appreciated yet another bike or frame hanging up in the garage and she'd know that a SCOTT frame was a new purchase.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Almost bought one to replace my 2006 CR1 (different geometry), but decided against it. If it's as stiff as the earlier CR1 model, you chaps won't be disappointed; superb frameset.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    It's being delivered tomorrow. Excited but also plagued by confusion over which Groupo to put on it. I have some wheels sorted and it comes with the headset so it's really just the finishing kit. Love 3T usually but struggling to make their colours work, all a bit too glossy and would love to keep everything matt like the frame. Hmm, the ultegra 6700 grey looks very black to my eyes. 105 wouldn't really be doing it justice somehow.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I put Ultegra and Ritchey on mine.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Koncordski wrote:
    It's being delivered tomorrow. Excited but also plagued by confusion over which Groupo to put on it. I have some wheels sorted and it comes with the headset so it's really just the finishing kit. Love 3T usually but struggling to make their colours work, all a bit too glossy and would love to keep everything matt like the frame. Hmm, the ultegra 6700 grey looks very black to my eyes. 105 wouldn't really be doing it justice somehow.

There are times when I can see why my girlfriend's PR firm refers to forums as "niche"... :D
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Mine has arrived... Got it delivered to my parents' place so I haven't seen it yet... Let the build commence! I feel like I need to put at least Ultegra on it and at least RS80 standard wheels... Tiagra and RS30s seems like sacrilege. As for using it on the commute with mudguards as some have mentioned - I'm lost for words! This is a £2000 (list price) frameset! Surely you can get some cr@ppy Boardman, Allez or Trek thing for the commute?!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    Agree, this is what I am thinking. This will be my best bike.

However lots of peeps looking at the same kit and I feel like doing something a little different - maybe campagnolo if there is an adapter for the bb ?
  • meanredspider
    I think the only compromise I'll be making to start with is the RS10 wheels. That leaves some room for an upgrade birthday or Xmas present for the boy. I have the wheels already which helps make this vaguely viable for a 16 yo - albeit one who has thrown himself into cycling as recovery from cancer.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Pulled the trigger on Friday, gets delivered tomorrow.

Mine will be a commuter, so most of the parts will for now transfer over from the Planet X. Should end up with SRAM Red groupset, other than Force chainset, Planet X finishing kit for now, and Powertap wheels.

With the money I've saved may get another set of wheels for the Supersix.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Are these the HTC Columbia branded frames?

Will you all be ordering Livestrong wristbands and Andy Schleck tee shirts to go with them? :lol::wink:
    FCN = 4