Di Luca up to his old tricks

12346»

Comments

• rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    ThomThom wrote:
    Don't you get tired of writing the same stuff every day, rayjay?

Perhaps one day you will be smart enough to engage with a reply instead of just making childish comments.

I have just made a comment on how unfair the bans in cycling are.

if you have nothing to add then go and bother WBT or someone else who gives A Sh%% about your dirge. Enjoy :lol:
  • rayjay
    mike6 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Don't you get tired of writing the same stuff every day, rayjay?

Spot on Thom. Dont know about you but I actually like and enjoy cycling. :wink:

Any one who does not think the same as you always gets the same ignorant reply's.

Nothing I said about the injustice of the bans is untrue.

You cannot engage because I am right but it's not something you like to hear.

You defend the un-defendable when it suits you. You make excuses for one doper and none for another.

I'm sure now you will respond with another ignorant/childish comment as you usually do.

I always respond in good humour without insult.

De Luca's ban is farce IMO.

If you don't have the intelligence to understand my point then just don't reply at all.

The childish petty comments that you and your mates make because I or anyone else don't see things your way shows you have a lot of growing up.

Simple as that. JOG ON .
  • I know, I know, but...

I always liked Di Luca, EPO or not (hardly anyone of his contemporaries didn't take EPO), such a gutsy rider!!
    left the forum March 2023
  • I know, I know, but...

I always liked Di Luca, EPO or not (hardly anyone of his contemporaries didn't take EPO), such a gutsy rider!!
  • I know, I know, but...

• mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Danillo and his infantile hormone levels. Always looked good on a bike I agree,
  • This is just another typical Bikeradar Jack & Jill Party of a thread ...

Di Luca doped, again ... Got caught, again ... Got sanctioned, again ... Other than pointless links to Cyclingnews threads what has actually been added here other than chummy state-the-obvious self righteousness?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This is just another typical Bikeradar Jack & Jill Party of a thread ...

Di Luca doped, again ... Got caught, again ... Got sanctioned, again ... Other than pointless links to Cyclingnews threads what has actually been added here other than chummy state-the-obvious self righteousness?

3/10
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

I've just done a quick search for cutting edge incisive pro race threads started by Crankbrother...still looking...

Your highest post count is the Lance Armstrong doping thread. Well he doped for years and eventually couldn't cover it up any more, got stripped of his titles, banned for life and coughed the job. It even tells you all that in the thread's title. I'm sure you knew that but you still expended 40+ posts on it.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rayjay wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

IMO once you dope you cross the line whether your Millar, Merckx , Ulrich, or O'Grady or Di Luca it does not matter. You have all cheated exactly the same.

You don't hold with the concept of redemption then?

Personally, I've made enough mistakes in life to think it's a pretty good thing.

Fair enough and we all make mistakes and try and move on to better things and grow as an individual.

I was thinking more in a sport context.

The point I was trying to make was that you need an even playing field.

Say you get a rider who has been doping every race for 10 years but is only caught once and banned for 2 years.

Then you get another who has only doped in a few races but has been caught 3 times and banned for life.

That does not seem fair to me. It was meant more to make a point.

Every decision and choice you make is yours alone.
    If you cheat in a sport you cannot change that moment for the others who did not cheat. It's done.

But that's just the flip side of the doping lottery.
    You can be caught first time, or with your last dose as a pro.

It's not just about effective testing, but the timing and frequency of the tests.
    In theory, the bio passport should be the solution to levelling the "getting caught" playing field, but that requires far more testing for all the riders.
    Financially, a non-starter.

Your example is also unrealistic.
    No riders dopes all the time. All target specific events within the season.
    Di Luca has CAS to rule on whether his punishment is unfair.
    All have to right of appeal.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

I've just done a quick search for cutting edge incisive pro race threads started by Crankbrother...still looking...

Your highest post count is the Lance Armstrong doping thread. Well he doped for years and eventually couldn't cover it up any more, got stripped of his titles, banned for life and coughed the job. It even tells you all that in the thread's title. I'm sure you knew that but you still expended 40+ posts on it.

I'm sure most people's post counts are linked to one LA thread or another ... The one you mention has the highest activity on the board by a country mile ... I think only the one on geology runs it close :wink: ...

But thanks for the research, I feel almost as important as a lump of rock ...
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

IMO once you dope you cross the line whether your Millar, Merckx , Ulrich, or O'Grady or Di Luca it does not matter. You have all cheated exactly the same.

You don't hold with the concept of redemption then?

Personally, I've made enough mistakes in life to think it's a pretty good thing.

Fair enough and we all make mistakes and try and move on to better things and grow as an individual.

I was thinking more in a sport context.

The point I was trying to make was that you need an even playing field.

Say you get a rider who has been doping every race for 10 years but is only caught once and banned for 2 years.

Then you get another who has only doped in a few races but has been caught 3 times and banned for life.

That does not seem fair to me. It was meant more to make a point.

Every decision and choice you make is yours alone.
    If you cheat in a sport you cannot change that moment for the others who did not cheat. It's done.

But that's just the flip side of the doping lottery.
    You can be caught first time, or with your last dose as a pro.

It's not just about effective testing, but the timing and frequency of the tests.
    In theory, the bio passport should be the solution to levelling the "getting caught" playing field, but that requires far more testing for all the riders.
    Financially, a non-starter.

Your example is also unrealistic.
    No riders dopes all the time. All target specific events within the season.
    Di Luca has CAS to rule on whether his punishment is unfair.
    All have to right of appeal.

Good Points made there Blazing.

I agree that riders would dope for specific events in a season. Races that they target to win or make an impact.

But there must be a lot of riders who have doped as much as Di Luca.

Vino for instance IMO has been doping since way back in the day yet he still won an Olympic gold medal after being caught.

I am not saying that Di Luca should not be banned but IMO so should those Garmin boys as well. They have been round a long time and if Hincapie had not retired he could still be racing. He was LA's No1 man for many years.

Then you have to ask questions of other riders Valverde etc .

We know doping has been going on almost forever in cycling and the bio passport has some merits if it's used from an early age and riders have not been doping before they become a pro racer.

Also who do you trust to manage and control the bio passports ?

And dopers are so clever and get smarter all the time that they still will find ways to cheat.

That's why there his so much stuff banned because of masking agents etc .

I just am not sure that's it's worth all the millions of pounds and manpower to try and stop doping when riders and athletes will still dope and get away with it.

It just does not seem cost effective or worth it IMO.

Yes, I am saying let them dope if they want to.

But they do it legally with the best and safest PED''s available and riders can be monitored by the teams own doctors.

If somehow we can find a fool proof way to detect cheats then I would say lets have a clean sport but I just don't see that happening.

It's just an opinion and please don't bite my head off unless you want to :lol:
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    For all those who wanted to know what happened yesterday...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phone-t ... mpre-trial

The continuation of the trial was postponed until Jan 14.