Di Luca up to his old tricks

Comments

• On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    ThomThom wrote:
    Throw Vini Fantini out as well if they choose not to do it themselves.

:roll: Best kit in the peleton as well?!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Caption competition:

di-luca-chair-199x300.jpg

I always wondered what happened to Cippo's old skin suits
  • Thats me out of more business :cry:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Caption competition:

Well at least I don't use steroids or Fake Tan!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Thats me out of more business :cry:

Once again I am forced to ask "where's the fucking LIKE button?"
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Just wondering... Do Italian pros do school visits and get involved with local, regional and national programmes to promote cycling like they do in the UK, or is it seen as a completely separate world with one sphere regarded as an irrelevance to the other?

I'm just imagining what the kids might be thinking right now if Di Luca's rocked up their school lately looking bronzed, fit and wealthy... possibly with an mink coat draped over his shoulders and walking with a dandy's cane.

Bit like Lance with his inspirational talks based on winning the Tour 7 (sorry 0) times.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited May 2013
    Lance Armstrong ‏@lancearmstrong
    Knowing I have 0 cred on the doping issue - I still can't help but think, "really Di Luca? Are you that fucking stupid??"
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ThomThom wrote:
    Knowing I have 0 cred on the doping issue - I still can't help but think, "really Di Luca? Are you that ******* stupid??"

I'm sure there's a word for that. It made me smile though.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • thomthom
    Lance should stuff it up. A doped Di Luca or not.
  • thomthom
    chris juul-jensen ‏@JensenJuul
    I would like to shake Di Lucas hand ..... With a brick.....To the face
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ThomThom wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    ThomThom wrote:
    Knowing I have 0 cred on the doping issue - I still can't help but think, "really Di Luca? Are you that ******* stupid??"

I'm sure there's a word for that. It made me smile though.

That is really very funny!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ThomThom wrote:

Who the F is this dimwit?
    You rarely see so many wrong things with such a short amount of text.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:

Who the F is this dimwit?
    You rarely see so many wrong things with such a short amount of text.

He's only the funniest rider in the whole peloton on Twitter. Who are you?
  • frenchfighter
    Never heard of him. He should work on his cycling skillz.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Just wondering... Do Italian pros do school visits and get involved with local, regional and national programmes to promote cycling like they do in the UK, or is it seen as a completely separate world with one sphere regarded as an irrelevance to the other?

I'm just imagining what the kids might be thinking right now if Di Luca's rocked up their school lately looking bronzed, fit and wealthy... possibly with an mink coat draped over his shoulders and walking with a dandy's cane.
    I think they do visit schools.

In fact when Di Luca signed for Katusha in 2011, he was at an Istituto Cavanis school, so 500 scholars there witnessed him signing.

(Istituto Cavanis is a religious organisation which runs some schools in Italy and several 3rd-World countries, where the schools then have a charity aspect to them. The organisation is named after two brothers - surname Cavanis - who were priests and set up their first school about 1800, before schools were common or education compulsory)
  • thomthom

He's neo pro...
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Frenchfighter just the other day you were saying you wanted DiLuca to win the stage , did you honestly think he was clean or do you just not care about that ?
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Well he's good enough for Bertie's team...
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • knedlicky
    squired wrote:
    No-one will be sad to see the back of Di Luca, other than maybe the man himself.
    Don’t know about that.

In his Twitter on Wednesday, Ricco was very praising of Di Luca’s performance earlier that day, and even posted this picture of bygone days on Twitter.

8813305122_871198bdec_o.jpg

(Disclaimer: I don’t follow Ricco; someone who’d noticed the praise and photo gave me the link. This is not a lie!)
  • knedlicky
    Here’s the Vini Fantini statement (scroll down for a version in three-quarter English)

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=62342
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    dsoutar wrote:
    Caption competition:

I always wondered what happened to Cippo's old skin suits

"Before my ban, I made sure to take a HEAVYWEIGHTTM dump in the Team Sky bus bogs."

Not dealing well with this unscheduled rest day. Might explore the trauma ward canyons with FF.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    RichN95 wrote:

Considering how often they win without Bertie, can't quite figure out whether that is sarcastic or not.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Considering how often they win without Bertie, can't quite figure out whether that is sarcastic or not.
    Wasn't sarcastic. I just thought Frenchie might think more highly of him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I used to like him for his unique attacking style, out of the saddle with one the best race faces ever- to betray a team and sport and a close friendship in the way he has points to some sort of sickness - shame - hats off to Scinto though for his

"I'm devastated, I never wanted Di Luca in the team and I've never made any secret to anyone of this, even receiving some critics. We have built our group on the sacred values of the cycling".
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • frenchfighter
    ThomThom wrote:

He's neo pro...

Danish from Irish descent. Hmmm.

He has a big mouth for a neo pro.

Edit. Its =his 2nd year riding in any case.
    RichN95 wrote:

That doesn`t say much especially as he is Danish (I think). Picking them up cheap and trying to get development.
    Squaggles wrote:
    Frenchfighter just the other day you were saying you wanted DiLuca to win the stage , did you honestly think he was clean or do you just not care about that ?

Yes. He was much better before his ban.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    Yes. He was much better before his ban.

Most banned riders are ... :roll:
  • lostboysaint
    Squaggles wrote:

Of course he doesn't care, he proves that relentlessly! Hardcore! Heavyweight! True Champion.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lostboysaint
    RichN95 wrote:

Another one for the non-existant "like" button!
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    meagain wrote:
    There'll soon be NO exciting racing at all. This Giro has been bad enough, if the day ever comes that they are all clean, long stage racing really won't be worth watching. Modern training and diet regimes (just another form of cheating really) are so standardised that no one will dominate, no one will have good/bad days, no one will take chances.

Just give 'em all a single speed bike, no support cars, no radios....oh that's sport, NOT mass marketing posing as entertainment. Cycling has finally joined all the other ex-sports.

To be truthful cycling was the first ex sport. Professional, and run to make money almost from day one. The races ( sic) were planned to be as extreme as possible, so doping was almost a must. It was said by its original director that the ultimate Tour would be one that only one rider could finish. What did he think they were going to do, ride on tea and toast.

Now? You have to ride within your own limits, or fail. I find it more exciting now cos I believe most are clean and they are human, with human frailties, like the rest of us. I think we will see less and less so called "exciting" riders as the juiced guys get caught and kicked out.