2014 Transfers

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Douglas Dewey to sky. Think he was third in national 10.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,201
    inseine wrote:
    He was second behind Dowsett in the national TT championship.

Seems an odd one if true. Sky have lots of youngsters already and he, at 24, doesn't appear really top quality.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    inseine wrote:

That would be very left field. And pretty cool too.

Still on Sky, I'd be surprised if they didn't find a way to shoehorn Simon Yates on board for next year as well.
    They're clearly going to have to shift some riders out to make room.

I've no doubt he'll be on a world tour team one way or another next year.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Turfle wrote:
    inseine wrote:

That would be very left field. And pretty cool too.

Still on Sky, I'd be surprised if they didn't find a way to shoehorn Simon Yates on board for next year as well.
    They're clearly going to have to shift some riders out to make room.

I've no doubt he'll be on a world tour team one way or another next year.

I'll be gob-smacked if its not Sky - its Luke Rowe (repeat). Its certainly Yates's first choice, if he gets a sniff, according to interviews.

Anyhow...Sergio Henao's confirmed in an interview for Colombian tv that he's re-signed with Sky, and Uran's off to OPQS

http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=36
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Whatever happened to not announcing moves till 1st July?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    Whatever happened to not announcing moves till 1st July?

No one's told young Sergio about that small detail, clearly

and he's in very chatty mood cos he's also been talking to Biciclismo

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/henao-s ... -my-future

I do like his attitude. Like Uran, he has his head screwed on
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Hesjedal renews with Garmin for 2 more years.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hesjeda ... rough-2015
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Interview with IAM owner, wants to sign Cancellara : http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-intervi ... 33230.html

"Of course I'm interested. We're in touch with him. He's talking to his managers. Its very interesting, but difficult. We must bear in mind that he's a big rider, with a lot of big grand tour teams interested in him. And we aren't one. You must understand that the Swiss sensibilities play a part too. On the one hand, Cancellara is a great champion being courted by the best teams in the world. On the other hand, you have a small team, not even in the World Tour, who are trying to solve a problem that isn't very easy. We don't have the status to offer to Fabian what a major rider wants.
  • Richmond Racer
    Message for wombly knees: how do you think it would go down with OGE if Sky signed Damien Howson?

:shock: :wink:
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Would be a driver up their backside, wouldn't it. But would rather that he chose a Garmin or even Saxo ahead of Sky if not GE.

A bit surprised how far Campbell Flakemore has come along this year. Guess it's just the dragging around of the arse in a TT lacking Asia tour.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Latest: Monaco are hours from signing Cancellara on a 85mil deal...
  • Richmond Racer
    Would be a driver up their backside, wouldn't it. But would rather that he chose a Garmin or even Saxo ahead of Sky if not GE.

A bit surprised how far Campbell Flakemore has come along this year. Guess it's just the dragging around of the ars* in a TT lacking Asia tour.

Won the Thuringen TT today, didnt he? Howson 2nd

Ok. But if something's announced very soon along these lines, remember my really annoying *taps nose* behaviour
  • wombly_knees
    Yeah, and in the Olympias tour earlier and done well in every TT he's ridden this year.

As of now just shutting my ears and shouting in the hope that it's not another Aussie in Sky.
  • Richmond Racer
    Yeah, and in the Olympias tour earlier and done well in every TT he's ridden this year.

As of now just shutting my ears and shouting in the hope that it's not another Aussie in Sky.

Serious question, though. Why would you want him anywhere near that fecker Bjarne Riis?
  • wombly_knees
    I think he's good at managing young riders; even better when he had Bradley McGee beside. Course that is ignoring the bending of rules for him and his lot. But I haven't got enough theories going on in a rather empty mind about that, at least not at half past twelve.

For all their effectiveness at their results, this is one thing I'm not convinced by sky about, their ability to nurture youngsters.
  • Richmond Racer
    I think he's good at managing young riders; even better when he had Bradley McGee beside. Course that is ignoring the bending of rules for him and his lot. But I haven't got enough theories going on in a rather empty mind about that, at least not at half past twelve.

For all their effectiveness at their results, this is one thing I'm not convinced by sky about, their ability to nurture youngsters.

Fair enough
  • As its not been mentioned so far is it all but certain that Renshaw is joining back up with Cav at OPQS?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,116
    As its not been mentioned so far is it all but certain that Renshaw is joining back up with Cav at OPQS?
    He's had an offer plus one from another unidentified team.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20130613_00622452
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,857
    Uran to OPQS seems a bad move if he is looking for more chances in GTs. I can't see them getting much support for him which leaves who exactly to help him? Brambilla? Velits? Golas? Kwiatowski (who is likely to fancy a crack at stuff himself I reckon)? Martin? So one rising star and a few semi-decent GT riders. Add in the complication of keeping Cav happy and I really can't see it working out although I would like to see him do well wherever he goes.
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:
    Uran to OPQS seems a bad move if he is looking for more chances in GTs. I can't see them getting much support for him which leaves who exactly to help him? Brambilla? Velits? Golas? Kwiatowski (who is likely to fancy a crack at stuff himself I reckon)? Martin? So one rising star and a few semi-decent GT riders. Add in the complication of keeping Cav happy and I really can't see it working out although I would like to see him do well wherever he goes.

Word is that the deal for him to move to OPQS was done (in Uran's head, rather than contractually) after the Giro last year - OPQS approached him then. By the time Surdave had the chat with Uran's agent during this year's Giro, its was many months too late. BIG salary increase for Uran in the move, from what I've heard. But of course when OPQS approached him last year, they had no idea at that point that Cav would end up as available later in the season.

Interesting scenario.

There's a lot of guff talked about Uran not needing much support for GC assaults - thats rubbish. He might not need as much as Wiggins in the mountains, its true, but he still had the other 7 members of the Sky squad working for him to make 2nd at the Giro this year, compared to 7th last year when most of the rest of the Sky Giro squad were there for Cav. If he wants to try to win a GT, and Cav's in the line-up, it'll be interesting....
  • inkyfingers
    I know Uran was second in the Giro, but I still reckon he'll have more success as a hilly classics contender and a GT stage hunter. I like the guy, I just don't think he's a GT winner, if he does win a GT it will be the Vuelta. Either way, I still think he'll be a decent fit at OPQS.

Then again It's pretty much a proven fact that when I predict something, the opposite usually happens.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Turfle
    This link seemed inevitable after his performances in Vuelta a Colombia.

Sebastian Henao linked with Sky:

(google translated) quote: "The idea is to go another year for Sky. It is not confirmed but it is safer. Hopefully everything solved finally. " Then he stressed: "My biggest dream, as any runner is to compete in Europe. Would be very happy disputing some of the world's biggest races, like the Tour de France or the Giro d'Italia. I am confident that one day I will. "

http://www.elespectador.com/deportes/ci ... xportacion

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-transfe ... um=twitter
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,857
    Is he Sergio's brother then? I hadn't heard of him before and not much info on Google.
  • Richmond Racer
    edited June 2013
    Pross wrote:
    Is he Sergio's brother then? I hadn't heard of him before and not much info on Google.

Cousin. Muy talented.
  • Turfle
    Anyone know if Andy Fenn has extended his contract with OPQS yet?
  • inkyfingers
    Good lesson in reading stuff properly..

Earlier on I was sat there thinking...why the hell would Sky want to sign the less talented Haedo brother?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,734
    I thought "Why is Sergio talking about signing for Sky, he rides for them"
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    I guess you have to consider to what extent Uran Uran expects a team to be built around him to win the Tour, or a Giro/Vuelta. As the super teams start to resemble Premier League football clubs more and more, Rigo would be crazy to abandon the ferocious support of Stannard, Porte et al forcing the pace and causing lads to fall off the back, which allows the chosen leaders to get carried into springboard positions to win stages and races. No good trying to ride a mountain stage surrounded by Cavendish's pals.... nor get through a flat stage knowing the lead out are going to take you out of your comfort zone as they work for the sprinter. Rigo's a great lad but he's not a Contador, Wiggo or Evans who had teams built round them.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Wiggo to the new Trek Team. My prediction anyway. :wink:

Apparently they're negotiating with some "Marquee" athletes as we speak.
  • Richmond Racer
    pat1cp wrote:
    Wiggo to the new Trek Team. My prediction anyway. :wink:

Apparently they're negotiating with some "Marquee" athletes as we speak.

Fabs and Wiggo - the dream twin turbo engine