ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Andy's in a break!?!?!? Wowsers...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ddraver wrote:

His TT was actually not terrible, for him.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    Interesting....
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    The breakaway group is still out front with 3'10" on the main field, which has BMC (no surprise) setting the pace; 45km to go.

For info - 5hr rider Nat English, who is in the break, has the Strava record for the Diablo climb at the end of the stage.
  • RonB
    Going to be pretty much altogether once the riders get to the foot of the climb.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    How long was the break away for? I'm guessing Andy isn't going to be too fresh?
  • RonB
    Started way back, before the Morgan Terr. Hill.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ddraver wrote:

Remember the heat - it's probably a mirage. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RonB
    Westra and De La Cruz still out front and riding well but the climb does get steeper up ahead.

Edit - great stuff! Jens Attack as the RadioShack guys are absorbed by the main group.
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    Guwon Jensie!
  • RonB
    Mancebo about to join the two leaders as the gradient ramps up. Pace of BMC will hold back attacks for the very last part of the climb.
  • RonB
    Acevedo attacks and Konig joins him. Just 1.5km to go.
  • ddraver
    I hope Mancebo wins the overall. Racer.

I really can't tell if Frenchie is serious now if he's just 100% trolling...?

He does nt read me any more so meh....
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    Konig wins with Acevedo second and a good day for BMC is rewarded with TJVG coming in 3rd.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    RonB wrote:
    Luther just relax and stay classy, Champ Kind does sports!

(& my best chance was probably that second stage in all the heat).

Pah, Champ Kind sh*ts squirrels!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Well that was crap! BMC train ruining races with their tempo riding on climbs. Nice to see Andy seems to have remembered he's a pro cyclist though.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Pross wrote:
    Nice to see Andy seems to have remembered he's a pro cyclist though.

Indeed. His performances here may have been far from stellar, but at least he's started to actively participate in races again. Hopefully he can at least have a go at the Tour, even if it's just getting in breaks in the Mountains.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Jens is the type of bloke that could amble into any coffee shop and walk out with a full breakfast without paying. Every time.

jens.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Check out the blood on this guy's legs and finger!
    122448_VEG4403.jpg

134746_VEG4753.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Big win for NetApp:
    na_zpsba9b815a.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2013
    Delete
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Brent Bookwalter BMC. Nice if you have the money from your team.
    8730684945_f44791a4a4_c.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    I don't expect to see any changes in the GC following todays stage, which is a 131km route from SF to Santa Rosa via the Pacfic Coast.

profile-08.jpg

Could be a day for Sagan and Farrar or for one of the lesser known teams to show their mettle. Good overall for BMC, and for some folks, such as Andy Schleck to find their mojo.

I won't be able to join in to the banter later on, but just for LutherB and without the autocue...

"and finally, good news for Road Cycle and Roxette fans alike as Pip Gilbert and wife Patricia announce the birth of their second son Alexandre who was born on Friday in Monaco, in the Benelux region of Belgique or to use the correct pronunciation Belgium.

I hope to see you around for next years tour but I'll probably be on Network by then, along with my true love Baxter. I expect 'that call' any month now.

I have suggested to the authorities that they have an overseas start like they do in Europe just to spice things up, like, say, Nevada. I know this guy Danny Ocean..."
  • Pross
    Brent Bookwalter BMC. Nice if you have the money from your team.
    8730684945_f44791a4a4_c.jpg

Just nice to see a team looking after rider welfare to be honest.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    :D:lol: Great stuff Ron, I just know you're gonna get that call!
    RonB wrote:
    I don't expect to see any changes in the GC following todays stage, which is a 131km route from SF to Santa Rosa via the Pacfic Coast.

profile-08.jpg

Could be a day for Sagan and Farrar or for one of the lesser known teams to show their mettle. Good overall for BMC, and for some folks, such as Andy Schleck to find their mojo.

I won't be able to join in to the banter later on, but just for LutherB and without the autocue...

"and finally, good news for Road Cycle and Roxette fans alike as Pip Gilbert and wife Patricia announce the birth of their second son Alexandre who was born on Friday in Monaco, in the Benelux region of Belgique or to use the correct pronunciation Belgium.

I hope to see you around for next years tour but I'll probably be on Network by then, along with my true love Baxter. I expect 'that call' any month now.

I have suggested to the authorities that they have an overseas start like they do in Europe just to spice things up, like, say, Nevada. I know this guy Danny Ocean..."
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Tracker has been live for a lot of this stage.
    Actually quite beautiful, through rolling agricultural land.
    A pity it's another Eurosport FAIL on coverage, which again has been delayed.
    25 minutes cut, by which time they won't be far off the finishing circuit........
    ............which is just that.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Is it me or from what I have seen of the tour of california its been so much more exciting than the Giro?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Pross
    goonz wrote:
    Is it me or from what I have seen of the tour of california its been so much more exciting than the Giro?

No, it has been just as bad other than the circus freak show stage of riders taking on a climb in brutal heat and passing out as soon as they finished. The Queen stage was a damp squib, especially compared to last year.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Pross wrote:
    goonz wrote:

No, it has been just as bad other than the circus freak show stage of riders taking on a climb in brutal heat and passing out as soon as they finished. The Queen stage was a damp squib, especially compared to last year.

So basically this year none of the stage races have given up any excitement, only the day races have been remotely better.

Must mean the peloton is the cleanest its ever been. :roll:
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    goonz wrote:

If you take out the first week of the Giro then that hypothesis seems about right. But why would you take out the first week of the Giro..

This Giro, even taking this underwhelming week in account, has already been better than last years Giro and Tour. And we still have a week to go.