Tour of California - Spoiler thread

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Garmin had a good looking lead out train but it ran out of steam with around 2km to go. Bit of disarray for the next km then a couple of guys from the Continental team Optum took it up and Farrar stayed behind them until he started his sprint. Good to see Ken Hanson from the Optum team keep it going to the line to get second place.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Was a good, long sprint from Farrar. And I found myself feeling happy for him. Good day for Garmin.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Thanks for the confirmation, I dozed of for a while last night whilst watching and thought I may have dreamt that Farrar won! It was a good sprint but no-one seems to have a clue how to control a sprint anymore. Good effort by Brammeir.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Vaughters said some nice words about Tyler - and about how hard WW's death had hit him. I have been as guilty as anyone about poking fun at Tyler, but I do so with affection and am glad that he's got another victory in the bag!
  • Pross
    Nice echelons getting formed at the moment although as Brian said it's a shame the roads aren't narrower.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    GC leader in serious trouble. 19 men up the road.
    Aczevedo now riding in the gutter.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RonB
    Just thinking the same thing. Echelons and the gaps increasing.
  • RonB
    BMC & OGE well represented in the leading group. OPQS trying to join them with Chavanel. Gap now 45" to that 2nd group on the road.

Edit - Tyler Farrar a bit jammy to get back on to the tail of the group after a bike change, with some help from team cars.
  • Pross
    Will we see the same outrage at Tyler dropping his bike to the floor as we did when Wiggins did it in the TT at the Giro? My money is on 'no' - think of the damage he could be doing to the team if the bike sponsor sees that!! Etc. etc.

Taking the mick a bit the rate his team car got him back to the lead car!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Yup, Farrar faster than the entire chasing bunch.
    Fascinating stage.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    The commentary made me laugh. Farrar closed a 30 second gap, 'solo', within a couple of minutes. Meantime a group of three including Chavanel were trying to bridge and they said they had no chance without help. Farrar must have turned into Cancellara with the new found confidence of having finally won something. :lol:
  • RonB
    Pross wrote:
    The commentary made me laugh. Farrar closed a 30 second gap, 'solo', within a couple of minutes. Meantime a group of three including Chavanel were trying to bridge and they said they had no chance without help. Farrar must have turned into Cancellara plus Duracell with the new found confidence of having finally won something. :lol:

I do apologise for the slight edit..could not resist!
  • Pross
    This is going to come back. Too many people in the front group starting to become passengers and surely United Healthcare are going to start working soon?
  • Pross
    Twice now I've seen riders in the front group appear to do Madison style hand slings :?
  • RonB
    Being drawn out to 1min, but eventually the teams in the front group ( BMC, OGE, RadioShack) must see that Farrar & Sagan are getting a free ride here.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    This is going to come back. Too many people in the front group starting to become passengers and surely United Healthcare are going to start working soon?

Punditry of Quigley proportions as the lead group virtually doubles its lead. Doh! :oops:
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Punditry of Quigley proportions as the lead group virtually doubles its lead. Doh! :oops:

Nah not that bad you managed to identify United Health Care!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Argh, the one race with echelons and I miss it...
  • thomthom
    ---
  • RonB
    May have been slightly over exaggerated. The road was as wide as a motorway, yet there were still plenty in the gutter. Exciting for the dynamic (ES) duo though :D

Edit - still going to be an interesting finish though. Heart says go Thor, head says all back together and a sprint for Sagan.
  • Pross
    Chaos in the main group, people trying to chase and ending up riding off the front and shaking their heads. Not much strength in pro continental outside Europe.
  • danlikesbikes
    Unlce Jens showing the young ones how its done
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • thomthom
    edited May 2013
    Sprinters in the group need to work now if they want to win. Can't keep doing f'uck all for the entire stage, eh.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I'd hate to be Jens Voigt's BB.
  • Pross
    He needs to be careful, that close to the fault line a Jensen attack could result in 'the big one'!
  • RonB
    Seems that way. BMC more interested in the GC.
  • Pross
    Come on Jensie!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I wonder how much coffee he drank this morning?
  • RonB
    edited May 2013
    Nailed it!

TJVG now overall leader.
  • danlikesbikes
    Wow now that was a good win - think I might have to search out that Jens sound board & make up my own version of the post race interview