Giro Stage 5 - Spoiler Thread

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    quigley is fine...he is not appalling he is not as good
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    After losing minimal time on two early stages? Bit premature that...

This.
  • mididoctors
    then its all down Henao

After losing minimal time on two early stages? Bit premature that...

I bl00dy hope so...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    The times they put up will be revised and it will all be back to as we were yesterday.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Think Degenkolb was the bookies favourite for this stage this morning.

Heard Wiggins is now 15th in the GC.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    What's with the facial hair? :?

He seriously needs to shave off that 'tache

He gets no boners for the tache.

Nor bosoms if we want to drop the misandry for a stage or two

:D

Seriously now, does anyone know what is going on with the times, I can only get Processo de la Etapa and Pippo Pozzatto can tell me nothing.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    reports coming in that GC posted does not include riders held up in/by the crash so might change
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    knedlicky wrote:

Aye, but that must equate to having lost about 30 seconds or so.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mididoctors
    Paulie W wrote:
    The times they put up will be revised and it will all be back to as we were yesterday.

I can not see how he was outside the group when the crash occured
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465

Just his rider identification, and not noticing racing incidents quick enough. The rest of his commentary is pretty good, a better way with words than most.
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    knedlicky wrote:

Not according to Inner Ring

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/332154874726866944/photo/1
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    knedlicky wrote:

He's been moved back - no losses today. So says Radio 5 extra.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • danlikesbikes
    Paulie W wrote:

Sky Sports Cycling ‏@SkyCycling 28s
    The results have been amended to take in the crash and Wiggins has not lost time. Remains 6th in GC
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • above_the_cows
    Paulie W wrote:

He seemed to be there, sitting in the middle and then the next thing, we cut to the crash.
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

He's been moved back - no losses today. So says Radio 5 extra.

There is a zebra in Matera that is very relieved to hear that.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Paulie W wrote:

The results have been amended to take in the crash and Wiggins has not lost time. Remains 6th in GC

Well there's a surprise ;-)
  • danlikesbikes
    Paulie W wrote:

GC update is;
    1. Paolini, 2. Uran +0:17, 3. Intxausti +0:26, 4. Nibali +0:31, 5. Hesjedal +0:34, 6. Wiggins +0:34.
  • danlikesbikes
    Paulie W wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Well there's a surprise ;-)

With your mind reading skills can you PM me the winning lottery numbers please :)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    But seriously, that was a fine ride by Degenkolb getting to the final, in prime position to win never mind the zebra. By the way, was it this guy?

6a00d83451ba8c69e200e553dad4488834-800wi.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Pandas in Liege, zebras in the Giro. Hopefully all the giraffes in France will be kept on a tight leash this July.
  • danlikesbikes
    GC top 10

1 Paolini
    2 Uran +17
    3 Intxausti +26
    4 Nibali +31
    5 Hesjedal +34
    6 Wiggins +34
    7 Caruso +36
    8 Henao +37
    9 Santambrogio +39 10 Evans +42
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pandas in Liege, zebras in the Giro. Hopefully all the giraffes in France will be kept on a tight leash this July.
    Giraffes room with the elephants in July. The elephants' room is ignored...
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    doug5_10 wrote:

Just his rider identification, and not noticing racing incidents quick enough. The rest of his commentary is pretty good, a better way with words than most.

Quigley?
    Hopeless.
    Got stuck in "where is Cav" mode from the moment he fell out the back, through all of the final climb and then some.
    Forgot about most of the other 200 riders. I'd give him a tick for Lars Bak, but that's about it.
    Seems Kelly is now left floundering on rider ID. Result is that yesterday, it wasn't Battaglin winning the stage and today, it wasn't Degenkolb.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • garyhoop1
    garyhoop1 Posts: 44
    Watch videos from Stage 5 of the Giro here - http://bit.ly/137KqEf
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    doug5_10 wrote:

Quigley?
    Hopeless.
    Got stuck in "where is Cav" mode from the moment he fell out the back, through all of the final climb and then some.
    Forgot about most of the other 200 riders. I'd give him a tick for Lars Bak, but that's about it.
    Seems Kelly is now left floundering on rider ID. Result is that yesterday, it wasn't Battaglin winning the stage and today, it wasn't Degenkolb.

Agree. He's doing my head in.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010

That is exactly the sort of dedication I expect from my PTP picks!

When i saw that on the tv footage i thought it was the rider who had come off on the corner who was in agony injured on the ground!
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Anyone seen the Sky Sports highlights programme? Who is commentating, and is the programme as a whole any good?

How does it comapre say with the ITV TdF highlights show (which is quite good apart from Phil L's commentary)
  • Anyone seen the Sky Sports highlights programme? Who is commentating, and is the programme as a whole any good?

How does it comapre say with the ITV TdF highlights show (which is quite good apart from Phil L's commentary)
    Kirby and Dan Lloyd.

Lloyd is pretty insightful and obviously knowledgable about the modern peloton. Kirby is far too excitable and lapses into the usual cliches too often - he has an equivalent to Sherwen's 'job of work' that's driving me mad...but for some reason escapes me now :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Looked like a cat 4 race at the end.