Tips and help for a first time offroader.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I seriously doubt that...but knowing my fking luck it can happen. Im considering trimming the hair instead of the cream...that gets rid of that dreaded week...anyway, enough about hair and shyte i think.

Curious to know how those new tyres of yours are.

pretty decent didn't take to long to fit.

pretty good off road plenty of grip good on mud and wet grass
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Tbh i was expecting you to hate them for the price you paid. :lol: sounds like a good deal then!

But not as good as mine, mind you. I got a pair of Maxxis Aspens brand new and unused for £4 each!!! I also got a pair of used but mint kendas for £4 each but this was the real bargain if you ask me. Thats the tyres for the Chucker sorted. Will be using them on the Arrowhead after the respray until i finish collecting parts i think.

1254148231442-85xmtxwr888c-399-75_zps6ee15891.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Tbh i was expecting you to hate them for the price you paid. :lol: sounds like a good deal then!

But not as good as mine, mind you. I got a pair of Maxxis Aspens brand new and unused for £4 each!!! I also got a pair of used but mint kendas for £4 each but this was the real bargain if you ask me. Thats the tyres for the Chucker sorted. Will be using them on the Arrowhead after the respray until i finish collecting parts i think.

1254148231442-85xmtxwr888c-399-75_zps6ee15891.jpg

£4 seems to much of a bargin u sure there legit and not knock offs

the tyres aint gr8 on the road pretty decent off road thou :D was surprised how much grip they got considering
  • gt-arrowhead
    They are bloody light, and the person who sold them to me was a 20 year old-ish is woman, so to her a tyre is a tyre i assume. So she probably thought she made a few bob by selling the pair for £8. Little does she know they go for £25 each new!

Definitely not a knock off.

Sounds good then!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    :lol::lol::lol: Nicely put!

Cheers, lol. I think maybe she'll do me in one day, she's jealous now of the younger, sexier woman she has to share garage space with, lol.
    Trust me, if you were in my position you would get rid of it.

I do have hairy legs (and a fine coat of chest fur, lol). My last gf used to call them "hairy stockings", since with my shaved gentleman's area the leg fur does kind of look like stockings, lol. That description always amused me. I certainly aint gonna be shaving them. I did once, while having a bath a few years back, just because I was so bored one night that I literally had nothing better to do, so once I'd done my bits I just kept shaving downwards out of boredom, lol. Never again. Looked all wrong and, christ on a bike, the itching of the regrowth was absolute agony for days - it felt like my legs were on fire, lol. On the subject of hair removal cream, read the reviews here, if you have some spare time and want a good laugh...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... motorcy-21
    The only reason i dont want to wear gloves is because if i wore them on a very long summer bike ride, id have white hands and tanned arms and id look really really retarded.

It's not the hands causing that, ha ha :wink:
    Kowalski, since you know alot about paints, i think i should ask you this. How would i go about getting this sort of colour? Do you know what the best paint is to buy? What would be the best clear lacquer to go for? Btw, im looking to do it in my back garden with spray cans. :wink:

I know someone else above said it's anodised, but (unless they know the actual frame and can say that definitively, in which case I'll stand corrected) it doesn't look anodised to me. Looks like a candy red over a white basecoat (the chip on the seatstay appears to be showing the basecoat or primer below). In terms of clear lacquers you can buy in a tin, they'll all be much of a muchness.
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    Obviously being a manly type man, I have black grips and black lockrings.

I must be manly too then. :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:

I said grips and lockrings, not stockings and suspenders.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    how to you remove grips?
    and how do I add new ones?

Unless you need to reuse the grips then by far the easiest way to remove them is Mr Stanley - just cut down their length and pull em straight off. If you need to reuse them then if you have access to a compressor blowing them off with an airline fires them straight off. If not then flat blade screwdriver, as already suggested.

For fitting new ones (assuming they're not lock ons with a plastic inner sleeve like mine - they just slide on, then tighten allen screw) your best bet is hair spray (borrow some from your mum, or GT's mum). Spray the hairspray inside the grip and it allows you to slide them easily onto the bars, then the solvent evaporates, leaving just the sticky residue that helps keep the grips in place). Age old trick.
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

I said grips and lockrings, not stockings and suspenders.

You're clearly not paying attention, lol. I don't need stockings, I have my own hairy ones... :lol::wink:

Are you sure you didn't mean c**k ring? :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I tried to avoid those posts. Reminds me of my ex.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    They are bloody light, and the person who sold them to me was a 20 year old-ish is woman, so to her a tyre is a tyre i assume.

Ooh, you better hope some of the female forum members don't read that... :shock:
  • Anonymous
    edited May 2013
    how to you remove grips?
    and how do I add new ones?

Unless you need to reuse the grips then by far the easiest way to remove them is Mr Stanley - just cut down their length and pull em straight off. If you need to reuse them then if you have access to a compressor blowing them off with an airline fires them straight off. If not then flat blade screwdriver, as already suggested.

For fitting new ones (assuming they're not lock ons with a plastic inner sleeve like mine - they just slide on, then tighten allen screw) your best bet is hair spray (borrow some from your mum, or GT's mum). Spray the hairspray inside the grip and it allows you to slide them easily onto the bars, then the solvent evaporates, leaving just the sticky residue that helps keep the grips in place). Age old trick.

going to get more black ones what people recommend

watching jimmy carr on tv so bloody funny :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • gt-arrowhead
    They must get jealous of one another when you ride them, (dont know if you do it sexually or not) lolol.

At least she didnt get disgusted by it, and i wouldnt put a razor on anywhere but my face. Otherwise the problems like yours will occur. Well, all my mates that say that they have razored their arm pits and stuff say it all burns.

Ive read that link before, i had a proper proper good laugh!!!

Your nasty. haha :)

Ill take Supersonics word for it, since i believe he has a Zaskar in the same colour if im not wrong, i remember seeing one in a picture.

So this is what i should do:

White primer
    The red that looks like that (should find it eventually)
    Clear Lacquer
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    I tried to avoid those posts. Reminds me of my ex.

She had hairy stockings too, lol?
  • Kowalski675
    not sure if I should get black again or white/gray to match my frame what would you recommend

Who, me? Colour's purely personal preference (unless you're buying Renthals, where it denotes compound), but for me, black - goes with everything and doesn't get filthy.
  • gt-arrowhead
    They are bloody light, and the person who sold them to me was a 20 year old-ish is woman, so to her a tyre is a tyre i assume.

Ooh, you better hope some of the female forum members don't read that... :shock:

Bollox! I didnt intend for it be to sexist. Hahaha. :oops: Cmon, women in general arent anywhere near as keen and clued up on bikes compared to men.
  • gt-arrowhead
    I like these, mostly black and just a tad of red. Look nice and are comfortable.

IMAG0071_zps4f5a82ab.jpg
  • Anonymous

Bollox! I didnt intend for it be to sexist. Hahaha. :oops: Cmon, women in general arent anywhere near as keen and clued up on bikes compared to men.

lol I know a women who knows tones about motorbike's

im going to maybe look into getting some better black grips

are all handlebars and grips the same size?
  • gt-arrowhead
    Major turn on if a girl likes anything mechanical....

Everyone seems to like the ODI grips and Lizardskin grips. Or indeed the Superstar ones that cooldad mentioned earlier. Havent experienced any of them, but those are the ones im currently having a look at. Thinking to go for the Lizardskins.
  • Anonymous

Everyone seems to like the ODI grips and Lizardskin grips. Or indeed the Superstar ones that cooldad mentioned earlier. Havent experienced any of them, but those are the ones im currently having a look at. Thinking to go for the Lizardskins.

she a m8's mum she mid 50's and she's a biker married to biker. he's a skin head she a biker/rocker

moving on to grips looking at chain reaction
  • Kowalski675
    edited May 2013
    They must get jealous of one another when you ride them, (dont know if you do it sexually or not) lolol.

The way I ride 'em must be sexual - my last gf said wheelies made her "cream her knickers", lol... :lol:
    At least she didnt get disgusted by it, and i wouldnt put a razor on anywhere but my face.

I never put a razor on my face, lol.
    Ive read that link before, i had a proper proper good laugh!!!

I think it's probably been on every forum under the sun, but it's still damn funny. :lol:
    Ill take Supersonics word for it, since i believe he has a Zaskar in the same colour if im not wrong, i remember seeing one in a picture.

If that's the case, and he can state for definite that the frame in the pic is anodised then I stand corrected, but it doesn't look like anodising to me, esecially in the close up picture.
    So this is what i should do:

White primer
    The red that looks like that (should find it eventually)
    Clear Lacquer

If you want to spray a candy red then you'll need primer, then basecoat (white or silver), then the candy coat, then lacquer top coat, but unless your basecoat's flawless the end result will be less than satisfactory, and candies are difficult to spray without proper equipment, since they're so thin (almost like ink), and unless you apply the candy perfectly evenly the finish will be blotchy - darker in some areas, lighter in others. If you really want to try spray a candy red from aerosols then I reckon the best place to look would be motorcycle paint suppliers, like these guys:

http://www.bikecolours.co.uk/

Bear in mind though that you'll be looking at over £50 in materials:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-AE ... 518e8d03f2

For that money you could get it professionally powdercoated candy red.
  • Kowalski675

Christ, somebody take the boy's spade away, lol... :lol:
  • Kowalski675

Should've seen my ex on her GSXR, would've given you enough w*nk fantasies for years, lol... :wink:
  • Anonymous

Should've seen my ex on her GSXR, would've given you enough w*nk fantasies for years, lol... :wink:

any pics? for GT-arrowhead :P
  • Kowalski675

I have many pics of her, clothed, naked and various stages inbetween, lol... :wink:
  • Anonymous

I have many pics of her, clothed, naked and various stages inbetween, lol... :wink:

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    If it helps I know of at least two powder coaters that will do ut for £30 not sure on the whole colour range mind
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753

Christ, somebody take the boy's spade away, lol... :lol:

^ this +1

know when to quit young sir!!!!!
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    edited May 2013
    This and the "my first bike" thread are like an illiterate homosexual love in by you lot. Very odd indeed!