Tips and help for a first time offroader.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    best peiece of advise to a begginer going out for longer rides,

Have a realling good trip to the loo before you head out, i mean completely empty yourself.

im waiting to go out for a ride but my tyres still haven't arrived despite my choosing priority tracked delivery on chain reaction :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

also ordered some cycle gloves from ebay whole saler there are literally tiny they hurt my hands :x

Now that is funny.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    well go have a big poop while you wait :0 will help on the trail.

jus says forwarded for processing on parcel force tracking site. :evil:

if there not here by 5pm ish

im gonna email chain reaction ask them where they are.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Anonymous
    best peiece of advise to a begginer going out for longer rides,

Have a realling good trip to the loo before you head out, i mean completely empty yourself.

im waiting to go out for a ride but my tyres still haven't arrived despite my choosing priority tracked delivery on chain reaction :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

also ordered some cycle gloves from ebay whole saler there are literally tiny they hurt my hands :x

Now that is funny.

teach me guessing my hand size dam it!!!

anyone wanna buy some brand new Scott gloves?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Just send them back.
  • Anonymous
    njee20 wrote:
    Just send them back.

cant

dog ate the return form lol!

ill keep hold off them and maybe sell them on or give them to someone with smaller hands?
  • njee20
    You don't need to form to send them back FFS! Just contact the seller and tell them you want to send them back, they'll have a procedure.
  • Anonymous
    jus emailed ebay guy.

they fit jus there really really tight ideal thou if I pull something In my hand and need to compress it thou there ideal.

may keep for that reason.
  • njee20
    Seriously? How likely is that!?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    they fit jus there really really tight ideal thou if I pull something In my hand and need to compress it thou there.

Is this sentence for real?
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Thanks again for the read Kowalski, :D I think your Bandit is cursed!

The hair on my legs will be going, but i will NEVER wear lycra. Ever. And i dont really like shorts. Probably cause of my wookie legs. :lol: Ill probably put some shorts on when riding in the summer.

Thanks for that tip Waylander. But i do that anyway :wink: To make sure i dont need to go when im riding. Worst feeling ever!

If your hands hurt you, id invest in new grips.
    When i started cycling regularly my hands were getting molested, good grips or not. I had to wear gloves otherwise i got terrible blisters. But now that doesnt happen anymore. Your hands get used to it i guess.
  • Anonymous
    njee20 wrote:
    Seriously? How likely is that!?

very unlikely which is why there getting sent back tomorrow :)
  • Anonymous

The hair on my legs will be going, but i will NEVER wear lycra. Ever. And i dont really like shorts. Probably cause of my wookie legs. :lol: Ill probably put some shorts on when riding in the summer.

Thanks for that tip Waylander. But i do that anyway :wink: To make sure i dont need to go when im riding. Worst feeling ever!

If your hands hurt you, id invest in new grips.
    When i started cycling regularly my hands were getting molested, good grips or not. I had to wear gloves otherwise i got terrible blisters. But now that doesnt happen anymore. Your hands get used to it i guess.

no idea what grips I have atm or even how to remove them.

but there black and made from what I presume is rubber with black ridge's in them
  • gt-arrowhead
    If youve got ridges then id say get rid! They fucked up my hands on another level.

Ive got a pair of XLC grips that i got from ebay. They are brilliant!! They have gone nice and soft now aswell so they are grippy and comfortable. They are just bastards to get on and off. Hairspray solves that trouble though.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    totally agree ridges are evil swapped mine for some lockon grips from superstar, not had problems gloveless with them yet
  • gt-arrowhead
    I have yet to try out lock on grips, well, i stupidly bought some for my BMX and they didnt quite fit properly, were a bit loose and i ended up rounding the nut on them because they were cheap. Do you ever have problems with them sliding or anything?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Rock solid. Superstar are comfy and cheap. Wear fairly quickly but you can get new refils even cheaper and reuse the lockrings.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gt-arrowhead
    cooldad wrote:
    Rock solid. Superstar are comfy and cheap. Wear fairly quickly but you can get new refils even cheaper and reuse the lockrings.

Refills? Thats quite smart! Thanks :) I think ill better give them a look. Hopefully they do them in all red :D
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412

Yeah, I've sometimes wondered if that's the case myself, lol, but if it is then the curse has certainly been helped along by a history of riding like a t.wat, lol. I've had from new (August 1st 1998), and I think of us as like one of those married couples where the abusive husband loves the wife, but has a habit of knocking the shit out of her, but she always forgives him and comes back for more, because inbetween the abuse he's lovely to her, and they'll be together forever until one day one of them snaps and kills the other one. Only time will tell which of us it will be, lol...

Seriously? You'll shave your legs? Bumder, lol. :lol: I have an aversion to shorts too, but I've just bought some for the bike 'cos my full length Endura Humvees were too warm in those two days of sunshine we had last week. They're long baggies, so they don't show too much leg, lol.
    When i started cycling regularly my hands were getting molested, good grips or not. I had to wear gloves otherwise i got terrible blisters.

I would've thought that, as a virgin, your palms would be well used to a bit of abuse by now, lol... :lol:

I recently put a pair of Giant Sole-O lock on grips on my Carerra, as they seemed the most comfortable of those in my local shop, and they've been comfy on the first two rides I've used them on (8 miles wearing motocross gloves with unpadded palm and 12 miles wearing Specialized fingerless mitts with gel palm padding). They have a single locking ring (anodised ally) with an internal plastic tube, to stop the rest of the grip rotating, and they've not budged a millimetre. Worth the ten quid they cost, I reckon.
  • gt-arrowhead

Yeah, I've sometimes wondered if that's the case myself, lol, but if it is then the curse has certainly been helped along by a history of riding like a t.wat, lol. I've had from new (August 1st 1998), and I think of us as like one of those married couples where the abusive husband loves the wife, but has a habit of knocking the shoot out of her, but she always forgives him and comes back for more, because inbetween the abuse he's lovely to her, and they'll be together forever until one day one of them snaps and kills the other one. Only time will tell which of us it will be, lol...

:lol::lol::lol: Nicely put!
    Seriously? You'll shave your legs? Bumder, lol. :lol: I have an aversion to shorts too, but I've just bought some for the bike 'cos my full length Endura Humvees were too warm in those two days of sunshine we had last week. They're long baggies, so they don't show too much leg, lol.
    Trust me, if you were in my position you would get rid of it. But im not going to shave, hair removal cream seems like the favored option. The hair is hiding away my recently developed leg muscles that werent there before. :wink:

I recently put a pair of Giant Sole-O lock on grips on my Carerra, as they seemed the most comfortable of those in my local shop, and they've been comfy on the first two rides I've used them on (8 miles wearing motocross gloves with unpadded palm and 12 miles wearing Specialized fingerless mitts with gel palm padding). They have a single locking ring (anodised ally) with an internal plastic tube, to stop the rest of the grip rotating, and they've not budged a millimetre. Worth the ten quid they cost, I reckon.

The only reason i dont want to wear gloves is because if i wore them on a very long summer bike ride, id have white hands and tanned arms and id look really really retarded. :lol: I like my grips, the XLC ones. Ive a pair of brand new unused ones that i got as a double from eBay, so im sorted in the grips department.

Kowalski, since you know alot about paints, i think i should ask you this. How would i go about getting this sort of colour? Do you know what the best paint is to buy? What would be the best clear lacquer to go for? Btw, im looking to do it in my back garden with spray cans. :wink:

DSC_0698-vi_zpseb6f2277.jpg
    6515608977_9e30c640d8_z_zpsa3e51061.jpg
    118_1856_zps629b6b9b.jpg

Btw, im not trying to make my GT into a fake zaskar, i just bloody love this shade of red!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:

Refills? Thats quite smart! Thanks :) I think ill better give them a look. Hopefully they do them in all red :D
    Every colour of the rainbow, even pink, I think, to go with your newly shaved legs.
    Obviously being a manly type man, I have black grips and black lockrings.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gt-arrowhead
    Lol, it will start to grow back in like what, a week or two? and then im just gonna leave it. But honestly, its bloody horrid having this much hair on my legs. My arms and body arent even hairy. Its just my legs!

I might be getting Lizard skins though, im not sure. I still have brand new grips but i just want ones with a bit more colour. Ill see.
  • Anonymous
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Every colour of the rainbow, even pink, I think, to go with your newly shaved legs.
    Obviously being a manly type man, I have black grips and black lockrings.

why are you shaving your legs

I go mountain biking in jeans and a hoody im not shaving any part of me that the general public will see. besides my head occasionally. :D

I have black grips but I wear gloves.

how to you remove grips?
    and how do I add new ones?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The above zaskar is anodised. You can get a similar red called candy apple red, or electric red - these are metallic paints.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Hair removal cream, not shave. And im doing it because i feel like this guy (its only my legs that are excessively hairy, the rest of me is normal:
    wookie-16745_zps9eee9c1d.jpg
    And its embarrasing to be as hairy as i am. And i want it to grow back, just not as long. Youd need to be me to understand. I know ill look a bit gay for a week or so until they start to grow back, but its better than what ive got right now...honestly.

Lol i wear jeans too, i thought it was just me.

Flat head screw driver to lift the edge of the grip, then WD40 into the gap between the grip and handlebars.

Clean really thoroughly to get rid of WD40, then use hairspray to fit back, or water if you can be bothered to mess around with it for hours and say a few bad words.
  • gt-arrowhead
    supersonic wrote:
    The above zaskar is anodised. You can get a similar red called candy apple red, or electric red - these are metallic paints.

Ohh, right. Ill have a look at halfords and see if they have those or anything similar. Thanks Supersonic :)
  • Anonymous
    Hair removal cream, not shave. And im doing it because i feel like this guy (its only my legs that are excessively hairy, the rest of me is normal:
    wookie-16745_zps9eee9c1d.jpg
    And its embarrasing to be as hairy as i am. And i want it to grow back, just not as long. Youd need to be me to understand. I know ill look a bit gay for a week or so until they start to grow back, but its better than what ive got right now...honestly.

Lol i wear jeans too, i thought it was just me.

Flat head screw driver to lift the edge of the grip, then WD40 into the gap between the grip and handlebars.

Clean really thoroughly to get rid of WD40, then use hairspray to fit back, or water if you can be bothered to mess around with it for hours and say a few bad words.

I have hairy legs but ive never considered using hair removal cream. because its a little gay :oops:
  • gt-arrowhead
    LOL. Only for a week or so, in that time no ones gonna see it.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Ohh, and another good idea for putting grips on. This is a result of my own genious btw. :lol:

Get really really hot water in a bucket or something, leave your grips in there for a little bit, take them out and immediately get the water out of the middle of the grips with a towel or something (you dont have to do that bit) then you can slide the grip onto the bars alot easier, then when it cools down it will be nice and tight. Really good idea that i found out. Did it by accident when i used the hot water to get rid of WD40. Give it a try next time.
  • Anonymous
    LOL. Only for a week or so, in that time no ones gonna see it.

what happens if meet a girl in this time

and she says why have you shaved your legs and not your arms.it will look odd to say the least :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • gt-arrowhead
    I seriously doubt that...but knowing my fking luck it can happen. Im considering trimming the hair instead of the cream...that gets rid of that dreaded week...anyway, enough about hair and shyte i think.

Curious to know how those new tyres of yours are.