Voodoo Owners Thread...

12346»

Comments

• 20160403_144126_zps7jmlf3lw.jpg

Just picked my zobop up yesterday looking forward to doing some riding on her, nothing to strenuous as I'm really unfit at the minute!, I can't stop staring at it I know it's not "high end" but I love it
  • Jakeyhutch wrote:
    20160403_144126_zps7jmlf3lw.jpg

Just picked my zobop up yesterday looking forward to doing some riding on her, nothing to strenuous as I'm really unfit at the minute!, I can't stop staring at it I know it's not "high end" but I love it

Awesome looking bike, 29er?
    "Great minds think a bike"
  • Jakeyhutch
    Jakeyhutch Posts: 12
    Jakeyhutch wrote:
    20160403_144126_zps7jmlf3lw.jpg

Awesome looking bike, 29er?

No mate it's a 27.5, it's a big frame though 20"
  • dt7
    dt7 Posts: 13
    I wanted to get back into XC mountain biking and to explore some trails with my daughters this summer, so had the idea of building up my own. After a little bit of searching, I bought a 2011 Voodoo Bokor frame with original handlebars, brakes, shifters, front cranks, rear cassette and seat post.

Over the last month or so, I have used freebies, garage finds and Ebay purchases together with a few new parts to complete my bike project.

It may look a bit rough around the edges, but I like it. I am positive that over the summer and beyond, I will enjoy adding some more bumps and scrapes to it too.

Spec:-
    Fork:- Rockshox Sektor 130mm
    Seat Clamp – SuperStar Componeents
    Headset – Cane Creek Zero Stack
    Stem – Zeneth 80mm – SuperStar Components
    Handlebar grips - SuperStar Component lock on grips
    Pedals – DMR – V6
    Saddle – Charge Spoon
    Wheelset – Weinmann U28
    Tyres – Conti X King – 2.4

WP_20160807_19_00_39_Rich_zpsu5tkqwvb.jpg
  • My week old hoodoo. Love it :)

Probably changed the grips at some point to double locking apart from that it's perfect.

97502BB2-8679-47D2-B567-6ACE8E03DC32.jpg
  • DSC_1113%202_zpscckihxgj.jpg[/URL]

Well it's mainly Voodoo, and technically an MTB...

Frame/Forks - Voodoo Marasa
    Wheels - Voodoo Aizan
    Tyres - Raceking 2.2 29
    Shifters - Apex
    Mech - X9
    Bars - Salsa Cowbell
    Cranks - Deore
    Gearing - SLX 11-36 and Raceface 38 NW
  • koop_71
    koop_71 Posts: 33
    Got myself a Canzo, first time I've owned a full susser, and loving it :lol:

(reflectors an bell now removed, lol)

IMG_20160819_193625_zps1lbqoha2.jpg

IMG_20160819_185421899_zps8mcd1efs.jpg

Arty shot from yesterday......

IMG_20160825_095921933_zpsuzsa540c.jpg
  • DSC_1113%202_zpscckihxgj.jpg[/URL]

Well it's mainly Voodoo, and technically an MTB...

Frame/Forks - Voodoo Marasa
    Wheels - Voodoo Aizan
    Tyres - Raceking 2.2 29
    Shifters - Apex
    Mech - X9
    Bars - Salsa Cowbell
    Cranks - Deore
    Gearing - SLX 11-36 and Raceface 38 NW

Love this.
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er
  • had my Canzo 2 weeks, bottom bracket needs replacing already, Grrrrrrr
  • Pentasa wrote:
    2cnip36.jpg

Haven't posted in a while, But this was up at Carron Valley the other day, All pretty standard apart from Wellgo MG-1 Pedals, Charge Spoon Seat, Giant XC Lock-On Grips and Hope Seat Post QR, But I think its probably time for a new stem and maybe some wheels

scw489v4xq4m.jpg

Almost an indentical picture, Only I've now got a Voodoo Zobop :)
  • DanDax1990 wrote:
    Took some new pics today on my local commute

2py6qz8.jpg
    Hi how have managed to mount your light there, I'd like to do the same.

Cheers.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It's a home made bracket.
    Have a look at the bottom of page 1 of THIS THREAD.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • First Post, hi everyone.

Picked up this Voodoo Hoodoo on a "popular auction website" not sure on what year it is and as far as im aware its totally stock and has had very little use. I had a full suspension bike a few years ago with the intention off getting into mountain biking, I was told FS was the way to go but i didnt get on with the bike and to be honest for the budget I had I didnt really get much for my money.

This time around iv done my own research and decided to pick this Voodoo Hoodoo up, unfortunatly it came with a flat front tyre and the inner tube was pinched but the guy I bought it off threw in a new inner tube and that worked a treat. Been out for the first time on it this morning and the only issue I found was it wouldnt get into "top" gear on the front deraileur (I bet thats the wrong termanology). Not a big issue but something i'll look at sorting out soon.

rK-_HMnYj_Y2n2jFgWVvmaUlXkZ8MtbiAErGbA7tuSynoi0ap_DnitdYSjRWvJpBGJXmBkBRSn6NlJywZuhNHujdijn684TXli18p57kCg7wOjtuOGZbXUK5plvGFiH9Frur0QLBe-HoSZbePnA6QzDXRAJHCiIHWQEg7DSn51jPexrOKV0tuv4B5RC9fDgsI9y5xi2nSOxHId3V2gg8zy-WMo9LZ20WirzS2dsJfcu70OiMf-9AKuoH3m1tFQsd7NAzTwmOYJlPNBM74Ryjl8RnQ3RBAT2T88SZ4Dz4OW6bG1-mr6Zqg6oAwJZTu7y4A5A0aoru2ajDWeKIIlbF8O4lDTtbszaMyx4lUaEo_mX7rDLmICpsK-F3bxl1-LNyfmmdAUlys0UyWarx-tsrLcvp1PBOrAYEBShn08m7Td9pahDV6JsvgQMGCRbDuRBsKgSCdmLsZbddQ_WSlQVD_2ftOmp8EquhCz6VsOBOo_Gyo2DM42TANlQoKdDys1XlGOXlaJ7NMrqmYo7fyun7tSi-4f0QpwEj5zz5ykhpm9K3LlV1U2ZFxcrjfn71kCDxb1A68c_gUUqWzuZD3_0O_9XySxwA3oKE3Bhp6LfnBiNwuopqkpTw=w851-h638-no
  • Jupe66
    Jupe66 Posts: 11
    First pic post. Only had this Bizango 2 months, but I love it! :D
    If anyone's interested, I have started a Facebook VooDoo Cycle Owners page for chat, pics etc
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1429703433746505/
    32892262526_216f23fe19_h.jpg
    Only upgrades (so far) Crank Bros 5050 3 peddles, Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle, Race Face Half Nelson grips.
    East Midlands Airport trail, Maxxis Ardent tyres do NOT like the muddy ground... :?

Sorry, not great pic: Willingham woods, Lincolnshire (wife has the Boardman Comp 27.5")
    32746427652_543b1d0e74_b.jpg
  • demelitia
    demelitia Posts: 59
    Rich2086 wrote:

Been out for the first time on it this morning and the only issue I found was it wouldnt get into "top" gear on the front deraileur (I bet thats the wrong termanology).

You're probably going to need to adjust the 'limit screws' on the derailleur. Google it depending on your model of derailleur or have a look at it whilst trying to shift up; you'll see a screw hitting a part of the derailleur acting as a stop. Wind it out a quarter of a turn at a time until you can shift easily.
  • demelitia wrote:
    Rich2086 wrote:

Been out for the first time on it this morning and the only issue I found was it wouldnt get into "top" gear on the front deraileur (I bet thats the wrong termanology).

You're probably going to need to adjust the 'limit screws' on the derailleur. Google it depending on your model of derailleur or have a look at it whilst trying to shift up; you'll see a screw hitting a part of the derailleur acting as a stop. Wind it out a quarter of a turn at a time until you can shift easily.

Increase the cable tension by undoing the adjuster on the left shifter by a quarter turn at a time - cable tension is more likely to change over time than the adjustment of a limit screw and if you do the limit screws incorrectly your chain will come off when you shift
  • Jupe66
    Metal Voodoo badge fell off last week, so replaced with decal off ebay (that's 9.9g saved lol)
    32609618084_9f55d7f788_b.jpg
  • Jupe66
    34176115155_5bea80c9c3_h.jpg
    Early morning at Attenborough Nature Centre & Reserve
  • I've always liked the Wanga frame and the sliding dropouts give me a chance to experiment with single-speed.
    The rigid forks are mainly because I had access to them, but also because my last build was a rigid, drop bar 29er and the 2.2 tyres soak up everything I need them to without suspension.
    I'm aiming sub 10kg with a combination of eBay and new parts.
    So far I have
    Wanga frame
    Boardman carbon mtb forks
    Xt/quasar wheels
    Xtr disks
    Racing Ralph performance tyres

Shade over 6kg

DSC_1717_zpselglxqxm.jpg
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    100% a Halfords warehouse lol

I loved my Wanga, best hardtail bike I've ever had
  • minnnt
    minnnt Posts: 102
    Evening all. Managed to snag a Voodoo Bizango locally from eBay for £275. Haven't ridden a bike in about 8-9 years (Carerra Fury and Cannondale CAAD 5 roadie) so it's a slow process but I've been enjoying myself so far. Wasn't sure I'd get on ok with the bigger wheels and wider bars but they're both fine. The previous owner added some DMR lock on grips but I'm probably going to replace them as they hurt my hands after a hour or so of riding. Not really got much planned for it atm, keep looking at gear for it but then I'm not sure if I can justify it or not. (I'm sure that'll change :D ) looking forward to some longer rides. :)
  • Anyone know the length and compression of the Voodoo Zobop Suntour Epixon L-RP shock?

190 x 51?
  • SOON :D ill be having one for me :D