• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    order over chaumont

1 Hoogerland 8pts.
    2nd Burghardt, 6.
    3rd Brändle 4,
    4th Bravo 2.
    Astarloza 5th with 1 pt
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    hammerite wrote:
    I know there's a lot of anti Sky (tv channel as well as the team) feeling on here. But could there be a chance that Eurosport didn't want to show Romandie and it's nothing to do with Sky outbidding them for it?

Eurosport are showing the Tour of Turkey - which to most of us is seen as a lesser race than Turkey. With the smaller races they usually commentate from a room in West London, but aren't they actually in Turkey for this? I'm thinking they get some quite favourable terms from the organisers to show the race and have commentators on the ground, as it's a good travel advert for Turkish tourism. As a result they're showing Turkey rather than Romandie.

Given that Eurosport seem quite keen to show Snooker on both channels whenever they can and it's the World Champs at the moment, I'm getting the feeling they just turned down the opportunity to show Romandie in the UK.
    Maybe had the snooker not been on they'd have wanted to show both races.

ES haven't shown Romandie for years have they? Think Suisse isn't on either.

Strava is not Zen.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    calvjones wrote:

ES haven't shown Romandie for years have they? Think Suisse isn't on either.

Dunno. Just there's lots of "evil Sky Sports are taking cycling races off Eurosport" type comments, where I'm guessing most of us are clueless as to what's gone on as to why some races are on ES and some are on Sky. I'm not defending Sky btw, just making a point.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    PTP's interesting - there's a pretty steep climb just 17 km from the finish, on paper much more a stage for someone like Meersman, Albasini, Nizzolo, etc than yesterday.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Here's a Sky Sports 2 stream. Now showing the race...

http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130422/vv517566b313bfe228704519-567353.html
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    FJS wrote:
    PTP's interesting - there's a pretty steep climb just 17 km from the finish, on paper much more a stage for someone like Meersman, Albasini, Nizzolo, etc than yesterday.

I was working on the basis that today is a cat 3 and yesterday was cat 2 so Cav would make it over. Guess it depends how hard some of the teams hit it. OPQS in a good position as they have it covered both ways.
  • RonB
    Hmmm that's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe another misjudgement in the PTP dept (along with picking the current WC for some of those classics!).
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    RonB wrote:
    Here's a Sky Sports 2 stream. Now showing the race...

http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130422/vv517566b313bfe228704519-567353.html

Is this Irish TV?

The adverts are properly third world, lol
  • RonB
    50kms to go and around 2'10" to those leaders.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    FJS wrote:

I went for Albasini yesterday and couldn't work out where he was all day. Then he didn't bother contesting the sprint. Therefore he was poor value for my personal entertainment yesterday and I ditchecd him for today.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Wish the commentator would stop saying Matt Harley Goss, not like he has to distinguish between two....unless he's planning on learning everyone's middle names.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    It avoids people thinking the ex-member of Bros has become a pro cyclist.
  • RonB
    Leaders just reached the foot of the last climb. Jonny loses contact :(

Edit - Cav straight out the back of the peleton as well!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Looks like they are shifting. Cant see anyone getting back on the descent.
  • RonB
    Rolland has gone on the attack for Europcar. 2 Sky guys with Froome at the front of the peleton 27" behind with 19km to go.
  • RonB
    Lots of attacks from GC guys inc Valverde. Sky with Froome & Porte have to react to this.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    all the people saying that they wish they'd looked at the parcours before choosing their PTP tips..... I wish I'd not bothered looking at everyone's PTP tips when choosing my fantasy league team.
    I thought today might be too much for a full on sprint, but bowed to your guys better judgement and slung in Cav and Viviani :oops:
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Surely these are pointless attacks!!
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Gesink attacking downhill. I don't see that working.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Paulie W wrote:

They are attacks nonetheless.
  • RonB
    Big effort from Lopez to come back to the front, which means everyone takes a bit of a breather.
  • thomthom
    edited April 2013
    Come on, Chris! You beast of a beast inside a beast!
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    ThomThom wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

They are attacks nonetheless.

Sure but it would have been more effective to have gone with Rolland than wait till 1km from the top.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    1.Navardauskas
    2.Nizzolo?
    3. Meersman
  • thomthom
    Tuned in with 20km to go. Great cycling all the way through. And what a win that was.
  • Who is doing the lead commentary with Brian Smith? Trying far too hard with his pronunciation :?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Turfle wrote:
    Gesink attacking downhill. I don't see that working.

He stayed upright. That's a Brucie Bonus.
  • RonB
    edited April 2013
    Navardauskas from a loooong way out takes it on the line from Gasparotto. Meersman 3rd. Good times for Garmin.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    --Darren-- wrote:
    Who is doing the lead commentary with Brian Smith? Trying far too hard with his pronunciation :?

"AsTaNa"

Its Rob Hatch