Vuelta al Pais Vasco 2013 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Porte setting a hard pace and have a small group off the front
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • danlikesbikes
    both from sky & Bert for saxo I assume in the small group - would be better if the camera could get up there and let us know
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Yay Peraud is there.
  • danlikesbikes
    Spilak almost caught now - at least he has stopped looking over his shoulder and got he head down and riding hard
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Keep up the updates boys, cheers
    Contador is the Greatest
  • danlikesbikes
    Basque economy must be poor if they can't even afford a tissue to wipe the rain from the camera lens
  • danlikesbikes
    Porte pushing the pace and its as a win for Quintana, possible crash after the line?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    AG2R rider slips after the line
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DeadCalm
    Quintana wins. AG2R crash after the line.
  • danlikesbikes
    Yep some crashes after the finish line but only a fixed camera looking back so can't see anything
  • DeadCalm
    Talansky down too.
  • danlikesbikes
    edited April 2013
    Its OK they have sent a chunky monkey down past the finish line with a red flag to tell the riders to slow down

Edit: sorry no disrespect to anyone not of a cyclist proportions :-)
  • frenchfighter
    Very disappointed in Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    my feed still has 5 km to go !
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Sky bag another stage race then, with a domestique. Whats everyone else playing at?!
  • tailwindhome
    T'was Peraud who crashed
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • danlikesbikes
    Very disappointed in Contador.

Think that Porte was pushing the pace to stop an attack from Bert & then Quintana just went off the front whilst everyone was eyeing up Bert Vrs the Sky boys
  • tailwindhome
    edited April 2013
    Expect a lot of photos of that. Bank of photographers on the left side as they cross the line.

Peraud slides along the road towards them
  • danlikesbikes
    T'was Peraud who crashed

Just saw a replay from a moto and at least it was wet enough to let him slide & some very nice photographers were there for a soft landing for him
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    Zzz. Terrible coverage too. Was expecting a bit more from this race..
  • frenchfighter
    Stage 4:
    1. Nairo Quintana (Movistar Team) 3:58:52
    2. Sergio Luis Henao (Sky) to 2
    3. Alberto Contador (Saxo-Tinkoff) mt
    4. Carlos Betancur (AG2R La Mondiale) mt
    5. Simon Spilak (Katusha) mt
    6. Richie Porte (Sky) mt
    7. Jean Christope Peraud (AG2R La Mondiale) mt
    8. Pieter Weening (Orica-GreenEdge) to 16
    9. Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) at 23
    10. Alberto Losada (Katusha) to 24

General:
    1. Sergio Luis Henao (Sky)
    2. Nairo Quintana (Movistar Team) to 6
    3. Richie Porte (Sky) to 10

I suppose the results aren't much different to previous years but still was hoping for some legitimate attacks.
    Expect a lot of photos of that. Bank of photographers on the left side as they cross the line.

Peraud slides along the road towards them

Cool, will look out for them.
    Sky bag another stage race then, with a domestique. Whats everyone else playing at?!

Race aint over. Henao cant TT. Porte is a good TT rider certainly but who knows. There are some handy TT riders up there. Not a pan flat TT course so could be interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Very disappointed in Contador.

Why? Looked like a pretty solid day's work to me. Henao and Porte and very very good and drove it at a ferocious pace, just like they will this sumer. If you expect Contador to fly off the front come July and put everyone to the sword you in for a disappointing few weeks I think..

P.S. It does amuse me that Contador's disappointing days are better than 95% of everyone else good days...
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    +1 - isn't Contador still one of the best TTers in the world? Wouldn't he fancy his chances mano a mano against Porte? Or are those days in his past?
  • danlikesbikes
    Hard to tell on Bert's TT efforts. Was good, V good but not done much since his return to racing. Guess it makes for a interesting end to this race.
  • frenchfighter
    In the past he would beat Porte but close. But then Porte riding for GC so who knows. And in the past Porte wouldn't have been close on yday's stage.

I enjoyed what I saw of the stage just was at least hoping for a Contador attack. He can't always have the legs though.

edit...apparently only gone head to head twice and both wins by Contador
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Another good last few kms...

Columbia rocks again
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    edited April 2013
    mroli wrote:
    +1 - isn't Contador still one of the best TTers in the world? Wouldn't he fancy his chances mano a mano against Porte? Or are those days in his past?

I'd put Porte ahead - he's in the form of his life. In comparrison Contador looks nowhere near his best. Portes TT up Col d'eze was crazy.
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    I really doubt Contador can beat Porte in a TT these days.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    well I guess we are going to find out.

movistar must be happy with that
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DeadCalm
    well I guess we are going to find out.

movistar must be happy with that

I know they got the stage win but I was disappointed with them to be honest. I thought they could have put Sky under pressure a lot sooner. As it was, they almost played into Porte's hands as far as GC is concerned..