RVV- SPOILERS

Comments

• How narrow are Sieberg's handlebars? Reminds me of Hoy in the match sprint.

Wonder if they're putting more riders in their road positions in wind tunnels these days.

Cyclingnews described Boonon's race bike and happened to mention the bars were narrower than last years kit, supposedly after Specialized persuaded him to run them for aero reasons...

Wonder if it's offset by less time on the drops as it's less comfortable.
  • EKIMIKE wrote:
    Pace has been high, peloton is nervous, even more reason to be at the front.

New route to blame?

I reckon Boonen packing is a driver. A big team with less impetus to try and control it.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I love Sporza race coverage for this kind of follow a rider in the cars getting bottles, getting back to front footage.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    I love Sporza race coverage for this kind of follow a rider in the cars getting bottles, getting back to front footage.
    Agree, it gives more of the idea that cycling is a team sport and that domestiques play a central role.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    How narrow are Sieberg's handlebars? Reminds me of Hoy in the match sprint.

Wonder if they're putting more riders in their road positions in wind tunnels these days.

Cyclingnews described Boonon's race bike and happened to mention the bars were narrower than last years kit, supposedly after Specialized persuaded him to run them for aero reasons...

Same width as 2012 afaik.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Pace has been high, peloton is nervous, even more reason to be at the front.

New route to blame?

I reckon Boonen packing is a driver. A big team with less impetus to try and control it.

They were never going to control.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Marginal Gains...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Am I the only one who thinks Brailsford definitely knows his way round a pub car park?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    That Norwegian Champs jersey must weigh a ton(ne)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Vos won the womens race apparently
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Vos wins the ladies race

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    No TV coverage though....shame.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    So why are nt there any pics of the Womens Race then Sporza...???
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Cannondale rider almost hit a child there.

They really shouldn't be allowed to use the bike lanes.
  • Macaloon
    ThomThom wrote:

I know, man. They're so unpredictable at that age.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ThomThom wrote:

Surely from a self preservation point of view riding behind spectators is never great

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Massive dragon (rouge) flag on Kwaremont - Approved.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro ... ac-sl4-rvv

Supposedly 46cm down to 42cm. Not much, but might tuck the elbows in a touch more.

Reminds me of the days of the stupidly narrow MTB bars from the early 1990s. Proper nasty once the going got rough as they had absolutely no give in them. Horrible trail buzz...

Supposedly 46cm down to 42cm. Not much, but might tuck the elbows in a touch more.

Reminds me of the days of the stupidly narrow MTB bars from the early 1990s. Proper nasty once the going got rough as they had absolutely no give in them. Horrible trail buzz...

By horrible, I assume you mean 'knarley'

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Vos wins the ladies race

There is nothing left for her to win anymore.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Macaloon
    Superb scenes on the Paterberg. Front of peloton looking so strong.
  • tailwindhome
    Shoulda went for Sagan instead of Cancellara....

He was born to ride up these bergs.

Vibration white finger type business - joy. Did the UCI ban shocks on road bikes? I'd have thought a decent shock with remote lockout would make life slightly more pleasant on the cobbles. Or even a saddle with some elastomers to remove some arse sting...
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited March 2013
    Next up is Koppenberg which also is famous for this insane incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03obuRAHiM

Vibration white finger type business - joy. Did the UCI ban shocks on road bikes? I'd have thought a decent shock with remote lockout would make life slightly more pleasant on the cobbles. Or even a saddle with some elastomers to remove some ars* sting...

And that's exactly why they banned suspension

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    Think the reality is that the cobbles actually make up so little of the total race that any advantage you may get over the cobbles is undone by the disadvantage you'd get on the road sections...
    - @ddraver
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Shocks never got much traction (arf!) in Roubaix, so no way they are useful for RVV. Cobbles aren't that bad. Bits of my commute home are far worse.

Strava is not Zen.