RVV- SPOILERS

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    You can't get better than wins like that. Wins like that make you a legend. Coppi didn't win from the sprint - he won from showing his class and courage and arriving solo after destroying everyone.

Cancellara forms the initial gap then uses his TT ability to make a comfortable gap and hold it. I wish Wiggins would try something like that not that I have any illusions that he will.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    You can't get better than wins like that. Wins like that make you a legend. Coppi didn't win from the sprint - he won from showing his class and courage and arriving solo after destroying everyone.

Cancellara forms the initial gap then uses his TT ability to make a comfortable gap and hold it. I wish Wiggins would try something like that not that I have any illusions that he will.

Wiggins is a fair bit less explosive.

He has that crazy pursuit speed that he can hold and hold, but he doesn't have that acceleration that sends your powermetre graph off the scale.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    FF wrote Sagan drives everyone apart from Sagan off his wheel then flicks his elbow and Sagan doesn't come through, again.

Sagan really was everywhere in the race........ :shock:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549

He has that crazy pursuit speed that he can hold and hold, but he doesn't have that acceleration that sends your powermetre graph off the scale.

He's also a GC rider, only interested in time, not one days or stage wins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter

To create the initial gap would be hard but if the race conditions gifted him the gap he could use it. Or even better for the viewing just try and ride everyone off his wheel!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ddraver wrote:
    Missed this!!!

483453_10151585864511972_1141791741_n.jpg

Gonna have to start calling him Berlusagan soon...

HAhahaha!!!

What a legend.
  • frenchfighter
    inseine wrote:
    FF wrote Sagan drives everyone apart from Sagan off his wheel then flicks his elbow and Sagan doesn't come through, again.

Sagan really was everywhere in the race........ :shock:

Good spot! Duly edited.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    edited March 2013
    Sagan needs to be had up for that, he's just a boy I guess but jayzuss thats naff ... can we get rid of the podium girls...its just so anachronistic and crass, just fuels the behaviour
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    What a bellend.

Check. Still searching for the class. Certainly no gentleman or rider commanding respect. Still needs to grow out of adolescence.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Agree, Sort of thing a fine is needed for...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Sagan needs to be had up for that, he's just a boy I guess but jayzuss thats naff ... can we get rid of the podium girls...its just so anachronistic and crass, just fuels the behaviour

Cycling traditions, anachronistic?

No way.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Missed this!!!

HAhahaha!!!

What a legend.

Ha ha yes because sexual assault is hilarious and makes a man a legend. I'm sorry but you might want to think about what that comment says about you and your views on women. Public endorsement by using words like "legend" of that kind of behaviour means that sexual assault continues to be belittled as something that women (and men) continue to face.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • thomthom
    1 year later and a more respected and gentlemanish Sagan during an interview his 20th victory in a row:

'I had good legs, my teammates were good, I like this race, the weather was goo... ZzzzZzzzZZZzzz
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Missed this!!!

HAhahaha!!!

What a legend.

Ha ha yes because sexual assault is hilarious and makes a man a legend. I'm sorry but you might want to think about what that comment says about you and your views on women. Public endorsement by using words like "legend" of that kind of behaviour means that sexual assault continues to be belittled as something that women (and men) continue to face.

I just knew it. I knew someone would take it WAAAAAAAAY too serious.

The man is a young cheeky bastard. Get over it.
  • IanTrcp
    IanTrcp Posts: 761
    Did Canc give permission or is he being assaulted as well??
  • frenchfighter
    deleteasdupe2_zps9d6f5196.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    ThomThom wrote:

Not everyone understands the distinction or importance of class.

Ps. glad you like your new avatar.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    ThomThom wrote:

And somehow I just knew you'd use the usual misogynistic excuse of "get over it". How predictable you misogynists are.

That woman is at work. That woman is employed by the Tour of Flanders and has the right to not have her arse groped while at work. Sexual assualt Is actually a crime and not something to be excused away by boyish overexuberance.
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:

Ps. glad you like your new avatar.

It's great, FF. And in exactly 7 days it will be the most wanted avatar in here.
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:

And somehow I just knew you'd use the usual misogynistic excuse of "get over it". How predictable you misogynists are.

That woman is at work. That woman is employed by the Tour of Flanders and has the right to not have her ars* groped while at work. Sexual assualt Is actually a crime and not something to be excused away by boyish overexuberance.

Little advice.. Don't take everything too literally and serious on the internet.

Good lord...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ThomThom wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

That woman is at work. That woman is employed by the Tour of Flanders and has the right to not have her ars* groped while at work. Sexual assualt Is actually a crime and not something to be excused away by boyish overexuberance.

Little advice.. Don't take everything too literally and serious on the internet.

Good lord...

Bit patronising there.
  • above_the_cows
    ThomThom wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Good lord...

And a little advice don't make misogynistic comments and then be shocked when someone calls you out on it. The Internet is part of culture it is a place where cultural attitudes are produced. Women are still struggling against cultures of misogyny and comments like yours add to that culture. Sometimes people have to take responsibility for the things they do and say, that includes Sagan and you.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    ThomThom wrote:

Good lord...

Sorry but you've been way off all day!

First the Europcar B/S... then the "this is awful" B/S... now the "get over it" B/S. So a little advice - call it a day man.

PS don't take this post too seriously, it's the internet. :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    Is anyone else getting adverts for the 'Fab' app at the rope of the page? :D
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Good lord...

And a little advice don't make misogynistic comments and then be shocked when someone calls you out on it. The Internet is part of culture it is a place where cultural attitudes are produced. Women are still struggling against cultures of misogyny and comments like yours add to that culture. Sometimes people have to take responsibility for the things they do and say, that includes Sagan and you.

Yaaaaaaaawn.
  • rick_chasey
    Patrick Lefevere (ploegmanager Omega Pharma-Quick Step): "Ze hebben goed gereden, maar Chavanel is met de 13e plaats onze eerste renner. En die 13e plaats staat gelijk met 0 punten. Kwiatkowski deed het fantastisch, jammer dat hij een zeer sterke ploeg-Cancellara achter zich kreeg. Chavanel lag dan weer ongeveer in zesde positie op de Kwaremont, waarvan iedereen weet "hier gaat het gebeuren"."Dat leek andermaal iets te ver. Op het einde van het jaar maken we de balans, maar dit bewijst weer dat je kopmannen hebt die het kunnen afmaken en daarnaast zeer goeie renners."

RC translation: They rode well but Chava at 13th was our first rider. And 13th place gives you exactly 0 points. Kwiatkowski was fantasic, shame he had a Cancellara's very strong team riding behind him. Chav was then roughly in 6th position on the Kwaremont, where everyone knew "it's going to happen here". That appears to be a little to far behind. By the end of the year we'll make up for this, but this has shown that there are top riders who can finish it off and behind them very good riders. (i.e. there's a sea of difference between a rider like Canc & Sagan and a general 'very good rider')
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    It's amazing how much souplesse Canc had when he attacked, esp. on the Kwaremont.
    Yep. It appears that the 'Clasicamano' is back.
  • thomthom
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Good lord...

Sorry but you've been way off all day!

First the Europcar B/S... then the "this is awful" B/S... now the "get over it" B/S. So a little advice - call it a day man.

PS don't take this post too seriously, it's the internet. :wink:

Oh, so you did read my 'Europcar bullshit' - I was waiting for a reply from you as you obvisouly didn't agree on it...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ThomThom wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Good lord...

*Some passive aggressive patronising sexist crap*
  • jane90
    jane90 Posts: 149
    ThomThom wrote:
    a lot of vile misogynistic crap
    Congratulations, ThomThom, you win the prize for the most unpleasant man in the forum. Do you seriously think it's OK to joke about sexual harrassment?