RVV- SPOILERS

Comments

• thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Right boat race time.
    Bloody hell rowers are tall - 1.90m guy looking short compared to the rest!
  • shazzz wrote:
    Did Hulsmans (or another Vini rider?) get knocked by the commissaire's car just as Canc was putting the hammer down on the Kwaremont? Couldn't quite tell on my dodgy feed, but the car looked awful close just before he pulled over.

Looked to me like he locked the front wheel and swung the back wheel round on purpose.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    OPQS classics 'mare continues.....no rider in the Top 10
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Has Sagan now been on the podium of every one-day race he has started this season?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Sagan will podium in every Classic he rides but will not win any.

I will win PTP.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Yup. First or second.
  • tailwindhome
    This one's for you Frenchie

64305_4657917527855_1479976440_n.jpg

Edit to add...... :wink:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I think, for the first time in a long while I may record Roubaix rather than watch it live. I can fast forward to the Canc attack, then >> again until the finish line, thus saving 5hrs of my life for other things.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Distinctly unclassic race, I'm needing some convincing that the new course is an improvement. Luigi's obviously found a new prepariotore.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Distinctly unclassic race, I'm needing some convincing that the new course is an improvement. Luigi's obviously found a new prepariotore.

It was never meant as an improvement for the race but solely for the wallet.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    Monty Dog wrote:

I'm going to give it a few more years before judgement
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited March 2013
    Nice one Tailwind. Looks like the twice my man showed Sagan what a True Champion is. Sagan's time will come but not yet - Cancellara is still the uber heavyweight.

Glad I always was a Cancellara backer. Always stick with your man even if he is suffering or it feels like the hoards are against him. It is for good reason that in terms of number of photos, Cancellara is second only to Contador on my photo account.

Really pleased to see Kwiatowski mixing it up when he is a stage race rider.

Cancellara drives everyone apart from Sagan off his wheel then flicks his elbow and Sagan doesn't come through, again. Cancellara continues to apply the pressure and Sagan suffers like never before. Cancellara then stops playing and show them what True Champions can do and opens the tank 100% dropping Sagan. 12km or so solo for a huge and beautiful victory en puissance. The gap to Sagan and Roelandts almost 1.5 mins - incredible. Absolutely incredible. There is no one like Cancellara.

Cancellara's 11th Flanders.

Screenshot_2013-03-29-23-34-05.jpg

tour-flanders-20130331-082330-774.jpg

Not Boonen's time of the year:
    tour-flanders-20130331-082120-387.jpg

Boonen crash:
    http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozon ... Val_Boonen
    Winning move:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pZZMqUlbdU
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Yep, Cancellara makes RVV boring, by blowing everyone away. Everyone knew it was going to be a Cancellara/Sagan slugfest (althought it was a early round 2 KO for Canc), think that the other teams need to revisit what they are going to do at PR....
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Looked a pretty quick ride to me - from when Europcar drove it and then Radioshack got on the front. Not surprised we didn't see any major attacks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Was surprised that was Fabu's second Ronde.

His rides over the years hace merited another, I honestly thought he had another.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    mroli wrote:
    Yep, Cancellara makes RVV boring, by blowing everyone away. Everyone knew it was going to be a Cancellara/Sagan slugfest (althought it was a early round 2 KO for Canc), think that the other teams need to revisit what they are going to do at PR....

Would you rather watch some mediocre cyclists not having captain big balls to attack solo or even attack with class and 50 riders to arrive at the finish for Sagan to win the sprint?

I know what I would rather. If I want to see average I go to my local cat3/4 races. I watch to see greatness.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Missed this!!!

483453_10151585864511972_1141791741_n.jpg

Gonna have to start calling him Berlusagan soon...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Looked a pretty quick ride to me - from when Europcar drove it and then Radioshack got on the front. Not surprised we didn't see any major attacks.

Agree again.

Hard to see any situation but attrition with teams keeping the pace that high

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    I hope Cancellara destroys the field at Roubaix with another 50km attack with some people trying to hold his wheel with no turns then Fabu blows them away and then 25 riders try and rotate to bring him back unsuccessfully.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver wrote:
    Missed this!!!

Agree.

Boooooooo Sagan

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ddraver wrote:
    Missed this!!!

I wish I hadn't seen that. I don't want anymore reasons to dislike him. :(

Anyway apparently the pace was really high all day so stopped any big attacks earlier on.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    Cancellara Paterberg 2013 took 1min

Boonen, Pozzato, Ballan Paterberg 2012 took 1min 13 secs.

Heavyweight.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    ddraver wrote:
    Missed this!!!

What a bellend.
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like EBH came up short. Again. Looks like Geraint thought he had a chance to win it.

Turgot, Haussler, Degenkolb, Oss and Ladagnous in that group at the finish.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    To balance out Sagan's groping here's a picture of Marianne Vos.

proxy_zps43ab2520.jpg

That's better.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • rick_chasey
    It's amazing how much souplesse Canc had when he attacked, esp. on the Kwaremont.

Sagan was seeing all the colours of the Rainbow trying to follow that. Was creaking and creaking just before it finished.
  • frenchfighter
    This race was 1.5mins slower than last year. I find it pretty amazing that the times can be so so similar.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Looked a pretty quick ride to me - from when Europcar drove it and then Radioshack got on the front. Not surprised we didn't see any major attacks.

Agree again.

If teams are going to ride like this, then what should race organisers do to promote exciting races?

Great performance by Fabian, not just the initial attack, but holding off the riders behind. Having said that, you've got to think that 20 ish riders working together should have been able to make more of a dent on his lead?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • rick_chasey
    This race was 1.5mins slower than last year. I find it pretty amazing that the times can be so so similar.

All the riders were saying it was a particularly fast edition, hence the few attacks.
  • rick_chasey
    Jez mon wrote:

Agree again.

If teams are going to ride like this, then what should race organisers do to promote exciting races?

Great performance by Fabian, not just the initial attack, but holding off the riders behind. Having said that, you've got to think that 20 ish riders working together should have been able to make more of a dent on his lead?

Make the race a little easier.

We see a lot of attacking in M-SR because we know a lot of people have a genuine chance.