Tour of Catalunya - *Spoilers*

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Valverde has crashed and has difficulty getting back to the peloton. Him and Sky have previous.

Did they chuck a stick in his spokes?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Oh dear....what a Piti...
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Oh dear....what a Piti...

*raises hat*

I think we have post of the day already...
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    And he abandons.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    lets hope its nothing trivial
  • nweststeyn
    That's rubbish news :( Never like to see that, even if I despise the rider himself. Pity(/piti). :(
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    37.7 km/h for the first three hours.

Gap is coming down.

Valverde has crashed and has difficulty getting back to the peloton. Him and Sky have previous.

The break went up more than 2 minutes though, so Sky obviously weren't laying into him.

Could be some interesting work now to get Dan Martin back...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Never nice to see a race leader crash out. He has bad luck and this is not the first time he has crashed out.

It's not nice either to see people happy about a rider having crashed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    camerone wrote:

Beat me to it!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • frenchfighter
    He crashed on a descent which was narrow and gravelly. Eros has also had to retire. Injuries are not serious according to his team.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    When you spent the entire TdF attacking after crashes, you must know it's probably not really worth the bother trying to get back on...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • camerone
    I think its perfectly nice where the rider concerned is valverde.
    couldnt care if he never rides a bike again
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Never nice to see a race leader crash out. He has bad luck and this is not the first time he has crashed out.

It's not nice either to see people happy about a rider having crashed.

This would be the same rider who won his Vuelta after Evans punctured ... Where were his true champion morals then?

I'm not anti Valverde, he and J-Rod put on a good show and enliven by the numbers (literally) mountain finishes ... Just that luck evens out eventually ...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

Gap is coming down.

You need to get back on the medication

true1.jpg
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    camerone wrote:

What an awful thing to say. Some twisted people on this forum.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    jibberjim wrote:

Gap is coming down.

The break went up more than 2 minutes though, so Sky obviously weren't laying into him.

Could be some interesting work now to get Dan Martin back...

If Dan Martin were to win the stage, there'd be no complaints from this quarter...
  • camerone
    camerone wrote:

obviously too young to recognise the work of one Basil Fawlty esq.
    you are right about twisted people though
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    This would be the same rider who won his Vuelta after Evans punctured ... Where were his true champion morals then?

I'm not anti Valverde, he and J-Rod put on a good show and enliven by the numbers (literally) mountain finishes ... Just that luck evens out eventually ...

The same Valverde who went on the offensive when Leipheimer crashed in Paris-Nice last year, thus ensuring himself third place overall?
  • Turfle
    Nice to see Aru in the break. Very strong group.

Capecchi also abandoned with Valverde.
  • frenchfighter

I don't care which rider crashed out. Anyone reveling in that news is just demonstrating what a low grade character they are.

That Evans event has nothing to do with this, but in short, yes I wasn't happy about it (not just Valverde, other riders, and actually the guys on the motos). But then maybe you could argue it was full on race at that point so those things have to taken as part of the game.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    camerone wrote:
    camerone wrote:

Not too young. Just not a fan of throw away comments wishing suffering or harm on others - especially on people they know nothing about in a personal context. If he was a kiddy fidler or serial rapist maybe, pretty sure Valverde is just a bike rider. :roll:

PS. I'm not a Valverde fan, quite the opposite in fact.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    hmm, I know what you mean LL, but when a rider has p1ssed all over the sport for 10 years it's hard to sympathise with him too much...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    70km to race. Gap blown out to 4.25. WIggins better get his diesels to start fueling if they want to keep the jersey. Katusha will help also.

Quintana now a free rider - will he go for broke. Would love that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    edited March 2013
    ddraver wrote:
    hmm, I know what you mean LL, but when a rider has p1ssed all over the sport for 10 years it's hard to sympathise with him too much...

If he had crashed and not been able to chase back on I can understand why some wouldn't be fussed. To hope that a riders accident causes them harm is a completely different matter.

Plus: yes he p*ssed on the sport, he's also served a lengthy ban for it. I'm not sure what people want from him? An apology or admission? I don't see the rest of the peloton offering this up on a plate?

I don't like him but as far as I can tell he's done his time - I think the brain-warped on here think this ranks amongst murder and rape.
  • frenchfighter
    Would be nice to see Aru, Betancur and Martin race their socks off. I was a big Martin fan but that has waned with his lacklustre performances.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • camerone
    camerone wrote:
    camerone wrote:

Not too young. Just not a fan of throw away comments wishing suffering or harm on others - especially on people they know nothing about in a personal context. If he was a kiddy fidler or serial rapist maybe, pretty sure Valverde is just a bike rider. :roll:

PS. I'm not a Valverde fan, quite the opposite in fact.

Well we can all be relieved he will be just fine. I would think he was more likely to cause himself harm during his sustained period of cheating though, if he fails to give two hoots for his well being not sure why I should. I am sorry you are not a fan of throw away comments, will bear it in mind in the future.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Anyhow..........Lead group is dropping men on the first of the whores. :P

meanwhile Quintana had a puncture and is trying to re-gain the peloton
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • nweststeyn
    WIggins better get his diesels to start fueling if they want to keep the jersey.

Keep what jersey?
  • frenchfighter
    Damn, Aru blown.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Nice to see Aru was there.