UFO Sighting

Comments

• Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Bringing this thread to the attention of Soni - viewtopic.php?f=40011&t=12862448&start=1300

You are obliged to continue updating that thread until you have achieved your ultimate weight loss goal :-D
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Soni wrote:
    However I was thinking, for it to have appeared perfectly still in the sky for that length of time, whilst the earth was spinning, wouldnt that mean that it must have had the technology to not just remain still buy also to track the rotation and axis of the earth?
    This is why I refuse to jump until someone gives me the technology for me to track the Earth. Don't want to end up landing in a different place than where I jumped from.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    'weather balloon' = lazy answer.

If it was a weather balloon, at that distance (weather balloons are not actually that big) the payload would have been clearly visible.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    edited March 2013
    On the evidence of the video alone it could have been a different type of balloon though, something much bigger. Also, from the video we really don't know how far away it was.

We have two separate lines of evidence, the video and the eyewitness account. The eyewitness account doesn't fit with it being a balloon, which would otherwise probably be the most reasonable explantation.

Soni, you said it looked like a metallic cylinder. Was it completely regular and smooth, or were there hints of projections or markings? Or could you not see it closely enough to tell? Was it open at either or both ends or completely solid? Could you estimate the relative dimensions, i.e. how much longer it was than it was wide? How was it orientated, i.e. was it completely lengthwise in relation to the ground or upright or at an angle, and was there any variation in this?
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    neeb wrote:
    . . .We have two separate lines of evidence, the video and the eyewitness account. The eyewitness account doesn't fit with it being a balloon, which would otherwise probably be the most reasonable explanation. . .

neeb has put his finger very accurately on the problem with this incident. There is a video, which looks, sounds and behaves exactly like a silvery balloon, and an eyewitness account some thirteen years on that claims it's not a balloon, nothing like a balloon, couldn't possibly be a balloon.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    I don't necessarily want to cast aspersions on Soni's account - it's not incompatible with what we see in the video, it's just that we can't see these things in the video.

Incidentally, regarding the fact that it was stationary over some length of time and the earth is revolving - the atmosphere more or less revolves with the earth, so if there was absolutely no wind whatsoever you would expect the object to move with the rotation of the earth. Wind is basically any difference between the earth revolving and the air moving.

One thing I don't think it can be is in orbit - it would need to be a geostationary orbit, which I think you can only have on the equator. But in any case, it would need to have been very big then... :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Soni, you still around? Or have you had a visit from MiB?
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    What resolution does that camcorder record in? Can you take a still from somewhere in the footage where you haven't zoomed in and lost the ability of the thing to focus?
    ^^ As I said before.

An in-focus still from the video would be nice to see - just in case it can be enlarged enough to see the shape of the thing.

No photoshopping allowed!
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    Why isn't it Venus?
  • ballysmate
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Ballysmate wrote:

:D

I had a dream last night that i saw 20-30 UFO's with blue LED lighting shoot by my house and two planes were flying towards each other, the UFO's caused the two planes to collide and crash, so bloody real, i recall walking around the crash site, was incredible.
  • Soni
    What resolution does that camcorder record in? Can you take a still from somewhere in the footage where you haven't zoomed in and lost the ability of the thing to focus?
    ^^ As I said before.

An in-focus still from the video would be nice to see - just in case it can be enlarged enough to see the shape of the thing.

No photoshopping allowed!

The quality is as it is.

I can do a still, but it will only be as good as the video is at present.
  • imposter2.0
    Soni wrote:

I had a dream last night that i saw 20-30 UFO's with blue LED lighting shoot by my house

would Alien spacecraft use LEDs..??
  • Soni
    Imposter wrote:
    Soni wrote:

I had a dream last night that i saw 20-30 UFO's with blue LED lighting shoot by my house

would Alien spacecraft use LEDs..??

Exactly, it was a dream.....
  • Interesting video. I think that if you watch the UFO / conspiracy documentaries on Discovery, you'll eventually see other similar (unexplained) objects.
  • imposter2.0
    Interesting video. I think that if you watch the UFO / conspiracy documentaries on Discovery, you'll eventually see other similar (unexplained) objects.

So you're saying that if we watch documentaries on UFOs, we may see footage that depicts unexplained objects?
  • soni, more importantly hows the weight loss, thats what we all want to know!
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Imposter wrote:
    'weather balloon' = lazy answer.

If it was a weather balloon, at that distance (weather balloons are not actually that big) the payload would have been clearly visible.

Whilst a weather balloon itself is not that big at higher altitudes they expand a quite a rate. Standard sizes are between 3 & 20 foot but they have a typical burst size of around 20 meters so guess it depends on your definition of not big. As for the payload could easily be small enough to be no bigger than a house brick in dimensions so at height might be hard to see.

Only know this from the link I put in earlier on in this thread.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • jelley321
    jelley321 Posts: 43
    Seems odd that you put up a 6minute video filming the same thing but there is about 25 seconds or so of footage in the middle that are missing. Not saying its a tampered film or i know what it is but just seems odd.
    Felt AR3 2015
    Cannondale Supersix Evo 2016
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    these seem to appear out of nowhere - they look like lanterns though - but they said that bout my luminescent tsticlons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... KxzThIOQs#!
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    Soni wrote:
    Ok before I get flamed, I just want to clarify this post is regarding an Unidentified Flying Object and NOT an Alien space craft.

I was going to post on a UFO website and probably still will, but obviously they may be biased and I want reliable answers as its been bugging me for years and i believe I may get these answers more accurately from sceptics.

In July of 1999 we went on a cheap 1 week holiday to Calp in Spain, had never done Spain before, but my brother in laws girlfreinds mum and dads friend had an Apartment in Calpe which we got got £100 between four of us and £90.00 each for return easyjet flights and it was a no brainer really.

I took my camcorder along as usual but due to only being on holiday for 1 week (we always did 14 nights) I didnt use it as wanted to get the most out of the 1 week holiday instead of wasting my time filming.

Until the last night, we were on our way out around tje bay of Calpe and as we were walking towards the tavernas everbody eating were turned around looking towards us, even the people walking had stopped and were looking towards us.

Said to my brother in law, his girlfreind and my wife (she was my fiance at the time) what the hell are they all looking at us like that for.

As we got closer, it was obvious they were not looking at us but above us in the high sky.

I turned and looked and couldn't believe my eyes, a metal looking cylindrical type object (looked like a metal toilet roll cone) was positioned high in the sky above the sea hovering perfectly still not moving the slightest, we watched it for over 10 minutes and a German guy stopped, tapped my on the shoulder and said 'UFO?', I put a coin in one of the telescopes and tried to look at it but the telescope wouldnt go up far enough, so I said to my brother in law lets go back and get the camcorder, expecting it to be gone by the time I get back, but it was still there and I got over 6 minutes of it on film before my brother in law hassled me to go for out meal.

It didnt move all that time and was perfectly still.

Ive looked up sattelites, a type of dark cloud (cant remember the name) and was neither.

Last week I bought some vhs to dvd software to convert all my old 8mm family movies to digital and ce accross this film of the ufo and it still intrigues me.

I will post it up to youtube tonight and post a link in this thread and would appreciate your comments.

Subscribed. I myself have had UFO experience in Spain.
  • Bustacapp
    Soni wrote:

Link not working :(
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Soni wrote:

It works here on venus :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Soni wrote:

It works here on venus :lol:

The video you posted looked similar to what I saw in Benidorm. However they flew a lot closer to us. Skimmed the top of my hotel as a matter of fact! Pretty sure I got probed at some point!!
  • ballysmate

You still with us Soni? Don't forget,'The truth is out there?'

Must admit that I wouldn't mind doing a bit of probing on Gillian Anderson myself.
  • imposter2.0
    looks like his account has been deleted ?
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Imposter wrote:
    looks like his account has been deleted ?

Not deleted . . . abducted!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • wtf! where is he. wheres the raisins thread. people like him made this place a break from tedium of work. who will be bumped off next? cleat, vtech, pinarello? wtf is going on.i think we need answers especially as to the disappearnce of the raisins thread.
  • wtf! where is he. wheres the raisins thread. people like him made this place a break from tedium of work. who will be bumped off next? cleat, vtech, pinarello? wtf is going on.i think we need answers especially as to the disappearnce of the raisins thread.

He now posts as arran77
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    wtf! where is he. wheres the raisins thread. people like him made this place a break from tedium of work. who will be bumped off next? cleat, vtech, pinarello? wtf is going on.i think we need answers especially as to the disappearnce of the raisins thread.

He now posts as arran77
    :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי