UFO Sighting

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well look at it this way:

If you accept the universe is infinite (I understand this may not be the case, as some say expanding/contracting and other say the edges of the universe are a reflection of the other side - like 2 mirrors facing each other look infinite) then either

a) We are the only intelligent life out there (pretty scary)
    b) We aren't (pretty scary). I guess if there is intelligent life out there, how advanced is it?

Yo hablo espanol. Dime lo que dice la gente e intentare traducirlo.
  • Anonymous
    Also why the F would the army do an exercise over a residential area with a top secret UFO style flying saucer?
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Also, how do we class "intelligent" ?
    By its very nature, it can only be intelligent if we understand it, so anything we dont understand could not be defined as intelligent ? Very freaky :)
    Ive been to vegas many times and any of you guys who have been and landed at mcCarran will have noticed the blue and red planes that take off and land each half hour from the 51 facility, whats with that?
    Even in todays world of cuts, it is one of the only facilities that doesnt report costings.
    Living MY dream.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    VTech wrote:
    It is far easier to believe that there is life on all planets, including moon's but life that we do not/cant understand.

You don't need to go that far to find life that you do not or can't understand. :wink:
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    It is far easier to believe that there is life on all planets, including moon's but life that we do not/cant understand.

You don't need to go that far to find life that you do not or can't understand. :wink:

Touche !
    Living MY dream.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    VTech wrote:
    the blue and red planes that take off and land each half hour from the 51 facility, whats with that?
    Even in todays world of cuts, it is one of the only facilities that doesnt report costings.

They have their own air-service to ship in/out staff
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    the blue and red planes that take off and land each half hour from the 51 facility, whats with that?

Yes, but dont you find it odd how they have no costings open to the USA people ? I dont like to go down the conspiracy theory but it is odd. Also, the Janet's are 737's and they carry a fair amount of people, a huge cost in wages alone !
    Living MY dream.
  • danlikesbikes
    VTech wrote:

Yes, but dont you find it odd how they have no costings open to the USA people ?

No - one of the most powerful countries in the world with an enormous "black" budget that all we really know is the total $'s value. Not odd to me at all, but then again things like that wash over me somewhat & I tend to not read too much into it.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Yes, but dont you find it odd how they have no costings open to the USA people ? I dont like to go down the conspiracy theory but it is odd. Also, the Janet's are 737's and they carry a fair amount of people, a huge cost in wages alone !

Maybe they sting them all for overweight baggage :D

Sorry couldn't resist.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • why have i never noticed those planes?!!

vtech have a word with bernie and get him to do a proper LV GP inclusing the strip this time.

as for ufo's course they exist. what they are who knows. it would be quite delusional of us to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe, but are ufo's alien spaceships, not sure. there is a lot of stuff that we don't know.
  • VTech
    why have i never noticed those planes?!!

vtech have a word with bernie and get him to do a proper LV GP inclusing the strip this time.

as for ufo's course they exist. what they are who knows. it would be quite delusional of us to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe, but are ufo's alien spaceships, not sure. there is a lot of stuff that we don't know.

I was at a meeting in 09 when discussions were being had about a Vegas GP but im not sure if this was anything other than talk, it would be the ideal location, McCarran can handle passengers, there are plenty of hotels and its no like they are not used to events with the world famous LV Convention Centre just a few hundred yards off the strip.
    Maybe the issue is the trooper's addiction to pulling anyone over 58mph ! :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    coriordan wrote:
    Well look at it this way:

If you accept the universe is infinite (I understand this may not be the case, as some say expanding/contracting and other say the edges of the universe are a reflection of the other side - like 2 mirrors facing each other look infinite) then either

a) We are the only intelligent life out there (pretty scary)
    b) We aren't (pretty scary). I guess if there is intelligent life out there, how advanced is it?

Yo hablo espanol. Dime lo que dice la gente e intentare traducirlo.

There's life out there but as you say, the universe is, to all intents and purposes, infinite. Therefore, any life out there is going to be even more tediously out of the way than Barrow in Furness and therefore hardly worth bothering with.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • VTech
    One day we will find life on the moon. Its closer than we think.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    EKIMIKE wrote:

Never been a boosh fan but that is funny. Im serious though, there MUST be life on the moon, its just that we dont understand it or are able to comprehend it. With carbon we know there is life, but there are so many other elements, many of which we dont understand.
    Living MY dream.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Yeh not a Boosh fan either. The Moon is amazing though.

Anyway back to UFO's - aren't a lot of these things down to complex light phenomena?

Incidentally I grew up in a small town in Wiltshire that is renowned for supposed UFO spottings. It's also an army garrison in close proximity to Salisbury Plain. I have seen some weird stuff in the sky in my time but it's clearly related to and explained by the military activities.
  • well if soni pulls his finger out and comes back from the chinese takeout and posts this clip, maybe all civilisations questions will be resolved!!
  • cornerblock
    Give him a chance, he has only had the film since 1999.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Soni wrote:
    I will post it up to youtube tonight and post a link in this thread
    Soni wrote:
    Will post the video up tomorrow night
    Soni wrote:
    As ive said previously, everything I post is the truth, I cant stand bull shitters.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Anonymous
    The truth is out there
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

Soni is just trolling us.. this is decal-gate part 2.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    UFO and decal at the same time?

tumblr_lucdp2slAq1qbeyqu.gif

The older I get, the better I was.

• cornerblock

Soni is just trolling us.. this is decal-gate part 2.

No way! Soni knows something...

Close-Encounters-of-the-Third-Kind-3.jpg
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    coriordan wrote:
    Also why the F would the army do an exercise over a residential area with a top secret UFO style flying saucer?

Never resort to a conspiracy to explain what can be explained by incompetence! When the Avro Vulcan was developed (big triangular 'plane, for non-buffs) it was kept largely secret until it first flew over Manchester, causing a bit of a UFO panic.

I saw something years ago that was probably a meteor that had broken into three pieces. Still technically unidentified . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • what a plane the vulcan was.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Yoda wrote:
    What? A plane the vulcan was.

True, but even today if you'd never seen one before you might think UFO. And that was 50 years ago. And I agree with your original punctuation, BAe should make another huge triangular plane just because they can
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I think it's a Vulcan parked up at Southend airport, I nearly crash trying to get a better look at it every time I pass. Perhaps I should stop the car and walk over to the fence...

Anyway, where the eff is this video?
  • danlikesbikes
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    I think it's a Vulcan parked up at Southend airport, I nearly crash trying to get a better look at it every time I pass. Perhaps I should stop the car and walk over to the fence...

Anyway, where the eff is this video?

Right by the fence, I had to drive past it twice just to get a good look at it
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    well if soni pulls his finger out and comes back from the chinese takeout and posts this clip, maybe all civilisations questions will be resolved!!

LOL!

Its uploading as we speak.

As i said, i'm not claiming its an Alien Space craft, but i would really love to find out what it 'was'.
  • Anonymous
    ERROR: UPLOAD FAILED