UFO Sighting

Soni
Soni Posts: 1,217
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Ok before I get flamed, I just want to clarify this post is regarding an Unidentified Flying Object and NOT an Alien space craft.

I was going to post on a UFO website and probably still will, but obviously they may be biased and I want reliable answers as its been bugging me for years and i believe I may get these answers more accurately from sceptics.

In July of 1999 we went on a cheap 1 week holiday to Calp in Spain, had never done Spain before, but my brother in laws girlfreinds mum and dads friend had an Apartment in Calpe which we got got £100 between four of us and £90.00 each for return easyjet flights and it was a no brainer really.

I took my camcorder along as usual but due to only being on holiday for 1 week (we always did 14 nights) I didnt use it as wanted to get the most out of the 1 week holiday instead of wasting my time filming.

Until the last night, we were on our way out around tje bay of Calpe and as we were walking towards the tavernas everbody eating were turned around looking towards us, even the people walking had stopped and were looking towards us.

Said to my brother in law, his girlfreind and my wife (she was my fiance at the time) what the hell are they all looking at us like that for.

As we got closer, it was obvious they were not looking at us but above us in the high sky.

I turned and looked and couldn't believe my eyes, a metal looking cylindrical type object (looked like a metal toilet roll cone) was positioned high in the sky above the sea hovering perfectly still not moving the slightest, we watched it for over 10 minutes and a German guy stopped, tapped my on the shoulder and said 'UFO?', I put a coin in one of the telescopes and tried to look at it but the telescope wouldnt go up far enough, so I said to my brother in law lets go back and get the camcorder, expecting it to be gone by the time I get back, but it was still there and I got over 6 minutes of it on film before my brother in law hassled me to go for out meal.

It didnt move all that time and was perfectly still.

Ive looked up sattelites, a type of dark cloud (cant remember the name) and was neither.

Last week I bought some vhs to dvd software to convert all my old 8mm family movies to digital and ce accross this film of the ufo and it still intrigues me.

I will post it up to youtube tonight and post a link in this thread and would appreciate your comments.

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Brave man, you are certainly leaving yourself open to some vastly differing comments.

I'm going to say nothing till I have viewed your Youtube footage, so get it up there so we can have a look.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    UFO's are like weight loss, often discussed but never seen
  • Soni
    Whether it is or whether it isn't, one thing I can assure you is you will see this - this evening.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sounds fascinating !
  • danlikesbikes
    Either way whatever you post you know you are going to get a vastly different range of opinions.

I don't tend to do nasty so if I don't agree with you I will probably comment but keep it nice.

I will however applaud you if your video looks like any of these - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzHRaSTsTwk
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    god what a load of rubbish ......
  • danlikesbikes
    giant man wrote:
    god what a load of rubbish ......

What my youtube link? I thought it was quite a funny take on UFO films.
  • Soni
    I hate to dissapoint guys, but mine isnt of anything shooting accross the sky, my one look like its locked on its coordinates, mine doesnt move.
  • ShutUpLegs
    Boy oh boy, I can't wait for this.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Will there be any pictures of decals?

The older I get, the better I was.

• saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Boy oh boy, I can't wait for this.

+1 :lol::lol: :roll: :lol::lol:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Capt Slog wrote:

Going down the same route isn't it?
  • danlikesbikes
    Capt Slog wrote:

? Am I missing something
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Capt Slog wrote:

? Am I missing something

Exactly, that's what a lot of people said at the time :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    So.. Were you abducted by aliens too? People were wondering why you stopped updating the weight loss thread.
  • team47b
    will there be Tunnock's teacakes in this picture?
  • Soni
    team47b wrote:

Team47b, do you speak Spanish?

If so, then you may be able to assist as an interpreter to tell us what the Spanish are saying in the background.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    team47b wrote:

Ooh yes please.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Soni wrote:
    team47b wrote:

If so, then you may be able to assist as an interpreter to tell us what the Spanish are saying in the background.
    Soni, you fat b******, you are a bloody legend, mate.

The way you've kept everyone waiting on the Raisins thread, and now come on with this cracking hook, is just genius.

Feckin timewasting genius, but genius all the same. Respect.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    Soni wrote:
    I hate to dissapoint guys, but mine isnt of anything shooting accross the sky, my one look like its locked on its coordinates, mine doesnt move.

Are you sure it was not just the glow in the sky from a distant McDonald's sign?
  • team47b
    Soni wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Não, desculpe eu não falar espanhol somente português, o som espanhol como todos os agricultores com a língua presa :D
  • ShutUpLegs
    Herb71 wrote:
    Soni wrote:

Are you sure it was not just the glow in the sky from a distant McDonald's sign?

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    My auntie saw it too....

Auntie Climax.....?
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Scrumple wrote:
    My auntie saw it too....

Auntie Climax.....?

No! I really don't want to be thinking that! So wrong!
  • Soni
    Soni wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Soni, you fat b******, you are a bloody legend, mate.

The way you've kept everyone waiting on the Raisins thread, and now come on with this cracking hook, is just genius.

Feckin timewasting genius, but genius all the same. Respect.

Hi Chris, havent lost anything therefore didnt bother posting, once I get my ass back in gear and starr losing, will post up my results.

As ive said previously, everything I post is the truth, I cant stand bull shitters.

Ive only just got in as been stuck out on the road in the snow attempting to get to scuba diving, never got there due to the heavy snow fall.

Will post the video up tomorrow night as free all night, need to edit it as has my brother in law in it and he wont be happy if I post him in the world wide web!

Will be interested in hearing only serious suggestions as what it may be, and not comments for example specs of dust on the lense, helicopter, aeroplane, satellite, or weather balloon, you will see yhat it doesnt fit any of these.

I am aware that it may be some type of military machine, but what type can look like that and stay perfectly still in the sky for so long beats me.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Soni wrote:
    Will be interested in hearing only serious suggestions as what it may be, and not comments for example specs of dust on the lense, helicopter, aeroplane, satellite, or weather balloon, you will see yhat it doesnt fit any of these.

Was it one of these?

106422.jpg
  • Soni
    styxd wrote:
    Soni wrote:

Was it one of these?

106422.jpg

No thats what I eat my breakfast out of.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Breakfast casserole - mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    Spaceshipone002.jpg

Spaceshipone003.jpg

:wink:
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    This is a great thread for me, Im sure to get into lots of trouble with the usual guys ;)

Anyway, on a more serious note, Although ive never seen anything untoward, I do believe you have to be VERY small minded to think that we are the only planet with life on it. It is far easier to believe that there is life on all planets, including moon's but life that we do not/cant understand.
    We understand carbon life, all forms derived from formats of said carbon but what about the other 117 elements out there ?
    Living MY dream.