Comments

• Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    coriordan wrote:
    ERROR: UPLOAD FAILED

Nope, 63% at the moment.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Looks like a radio controlled helicopter style thing as it's about the same distance as the top of the building
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Which speech specifically did you want translating as I kinda skipped through?
  • Soni
    coriordan wrote:
    Looks like a radio controlled helicopter style thing as it's about the same distance as the top of the building

You have got to be kidding me, you cant tell the difference in height between the top of the building and that thing in the sky?
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Well, for all the micky taking, you came back with a corka, that is DEFINITELY a UFO !
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I would say it's a Weather balloon.

Now I have to watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind tonight, 1977 I know but I just got round to it :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    It's hanging in the air and it's doing feck all, so it's probably David Blaine.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Soni wrote:

streetlamp?
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Uranus?
  • who's doing the talking? fack knows what it is, u should have stuck around and waited for it to move off, that might have revealed all. (if it had moved at speed that would have been odd) are ther any military installations around there?
  • Soni
    who's doing the talking? fack knows what it is, u should have stuck around and waited for it to move off, that might have revealed all. (if it had moved at speed that would have been odd) are ther any military installations around there?

I would have stayed there until it went but my brother in law was hassling me to stop filming it and go for our meal, as it was our last night.

The talking (in English) is me and my brother in law, our other halfs were in the background remaining silent.

I have no idea if they have any military bases in that area, had never been there before and have never been there since, we are more Greek holidayers.

Just about to look up to see where the Spanish military bases are and to see if they have any planes thay look like metal toilet roll cones! LOL :)
  • probably some sort of remote controlled drone of some sort
  • Soni
    probably some sort of remote controlled drone of some sort

Dont think they would stay that still at that height above the sea.

Although I wouldnt dismiss some type of military aircraft, but it didnt look like an aircraft, it wasnt very aerodynamic looking, it was a cylinder shape.
  • i mean a milatary drone possibly for observation and it was in testing, im certian they can stay that still. im not sure but i cant imagine in 1999 something capable of that height being available to the public as a remote contolled plaything.

the military have all sorts of sh*t we have no idea about so it was probably something along those lines.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    With team 47b, moreso given that almost all ''UFO'' sightings are weather Balloons...the shiny bit is the sun reflecting off of it and the black bit the dark side of the...thing...

Whats his name with the Decals needs to take note
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Soni
    VTech wrote:
    Well, for all the micky taking, you came back with a corka, that is DEFINITELY a UFO !

There you go, ive always said all along that im not a troll, and hate bullshitters, im just a 'little different' to most people ;)
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327

the military have all sorts of sh*t we have no idea about so it was probably something along those lines.

Having worked in the military for 13 years, it's not as sneaky and hi tech as you make out!

To be honest the military can't keep anything secret without it being plastered all over facebook within 5 minutes.

It can't organise a p*** up in a brewery and relies on improvisation and a make do attitude.

The aircraft I worked on were late 1970's technology.

Also, If Russia ever invaded during tea break or at a weekend we would have been shafted, on a weekend the only safe place would be the NAAFI bop or the wraf block.

I can't see why some military would go to all the time and money of sending a drone (some are 36 foot long and 65 foot wide) over a some mundane tourist resort when they could be utilised better elsewhere?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • now im not one for conspiracy theories....but!... do u really think there is not a load of secret stuff still kept secret despite the advance of personal media recording by the military, that even many of those in the military dont know about?

if russia invaded we would have been fooked anyway, we would just have bought the yanks a few mins to get some counterstrikes in though!!
  • ben@31
    now im not one for conspiracy theories....but!... do u really think there is not a load of secret stuff still kept secret despite the advance of personal media recording by the military, that even many of those in the military dont know about?

if russia invaded we would have been fooked anyway, we would just have bought the yanks a few mins to get some counterstrikes in though!!

No I don't

1. We don't have the money.
    2. There is no requirement.
    3. There's no way the 1000's of people involved will all keep quiet.
    4. Why keep it secret in the first place.

The biggy is... out of every location in the world they could have used it, including some remote desert away from eyes. Why Calpe?
  • my latest point was in general terms, not speciifcally soni's incident, so the calpe thing doesnt come into it. my hypothesis for soni's was just a stab in the dark.

as for your points, on a general basis (not sonis ufo) well here what i will say:

1. how do you know this? sure we are in debt, but how do you know know there are no ringfenced funds that are completely secret from the public to go on black projects?
    2. Again, how do you know this. Are you familiar with the intricacies of global diplomacy? for all we know the west could still be scared of russia and china from a military perspective (well thats not speculation thats a fact) so there is a requirement for technological advanced military projects
    3. Well the usa did pretty well keeping groom lake employess quiet for many years
    4. thats obvious isnt it? is not all military r&D secret? even on shared deveolpments like the joint strike fighter project, the us are keeping Uk in the dark on certains things. lots of miliatry projects are secret to stp them falling into the wrong hands, LHM skunkworks, boeing phantom works etc. who knows what theya re working on.

still my responses are just wild speculation, as are your initial comments. its all subjective opinions, yours being that from one side fairly categorically and mine being somehwhat more open minded.

however ultimately the fact is, neither of us know and we never will. im sure we can agree on that.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    That's a confirmed UFO. Confirmed in that it's flying and you don't know what it is.

The video is poor and it could be many many things. I doubt it's military. More likely it's a weather balloon (or similar) reflecting in the low sun. I've seen similar over Scotland.

I once saw a surface missile intercept a drone ballistic missile in the States. That was proper awesome and people stopped on the Freeway to watch it. You have a small man-made blob that you couldn't even be bothered to hang around for.
  • thats no way to describe soni, hes doing all he can to lose weight!

and by all accounts he aint that small....

sorry soni couldnt resist
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Having now seen the video, it looks balloon-shaped. Given that it hangs in the sky very much like a balloon, I'm going to guess it's a balloon. On the other hand, we can't be sure it's a weather balloon, so it's a UB rather than a UFO.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • ben@31
    P Mantis,

The latest military procurements. Queen Elizebeth carriers, Astute submarines, Joint Strike Fighter, type 45 destroyers have all been overt and open. We may not know every specification but the MOD publicises their existence.

At the moment It's asymmetrical warfare, which means fighter jets against some peasant with a rusty Ak47. Therefore there is no need for the added expense of sneaky beaky technology. That's why procurement projects such as the MRA4 maritime patrol aircraft had been binned to save £billions, Terry Taliban doesn't have any expensive intercontinental ballistic missile carrying nuclear submarines in the desert.
  • all those are replacements of existing technology, who knows what next gen stuff is being done. there is no way you or anyone on this forum can know what what is being developed behind closed doors. i think its a very sweeping statement to say the military are not R&D'ing anything that is not common knowledge. in fact i think thats plane wrong. clealry all developed milataries develop stuff stuff that only top brass know about. it would be foolish not to. likewise i think its irrespective of who they are currently fighting, as mentioned before i dont doubt they have contingencies in place in cae russi, china or whoever gets nasty.
  • ben@31
    It's the stuff of Tom Clancy science fiction novels.

We can't afford what we have now. There's no need for anything else. And I can't think of one case in the UK where technology has suddenly materialised overnight that what wasn't known about.
  • im not just talking about the uk, but fine lets agree to disagree. im sure the grunts are itk.

who says tom clancy (which ive never read) isnt itk too! :shock: :lol:
  • Soni
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Having now seen the video, it looks balloon-shaped. Given that it hangs in the sky very much like a balloon, I'm going to guess it's a balloon. On the other hand, we can't be sure it's a weather balloon, so it's a UB rather than a UFO.

Weather balloon? No way, what weather balloon do you know that can stay perfectly still like that?