UFO Sighting

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Soni - have you looked at these websites

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/high-alti ... oon-videos - look at the pic with the blue sky and white ball half way down does look like your video?

http://www.arhab.org who members upload their info if sending a weather ballon up
    If you then click on tracking - tracking sites - APRS.fi you will see that there are currently several in that region of Spain flying as we speak & one quite near to Calpe all with an easy flight time & height to be your UFO
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Soni - have you looked at these websites

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/high-alti ... oon-videos - look at the pic with the blue sky and white ball half way down does look like your video?

http://www.arhab.org who members upload their info if sending a weather ballon up
    If you then click on tracking - tracking sites - APRS.fi you will see that there are currently several in that region of Spain flying as we speak & one quite near to Calpe all with an easy flight time & height to be your UFO

Sorry mate, dont want to be so quick to dismiss it but its nothing like it.

It was a metal cylindrical shaped object, not a white ball, the only reason it was going white and round was due to the camcorder, it was distorting when I was trying to zoom in.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Soni wrote:

It was a metal cylindrical shaped object, not a white ball, the only reason it was going white and round was due to the camcorder, it was distorting when I was trying to zoom in.

880800%20Columbia%20N10A%20left%20side%20l.jpg

????
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Soni
    ben@31 wrote:
    Soni wrote:

880800%20Columbia%20N10A%20left%20side%20l.jpg

????

No disrespect but I live near London and see those things a lot and for one I know what they look like (and it wasnt one of them) and for two, even the ones that aren't powered and are tied down move and turn around.
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    l_8e0f23a4c71522fcdf23c79a35846658.jpg
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    hEEEO.jpg
  • Soni
    GiantMike wrote:
    hEEEO.jpg

Guys, whatever it was, i know one thing, and that is it wasn't a balloon.

Whatever it was, may have been a military aircraft of some type, but it was obviously tracking the earth, because it wasn't moving AT ALL.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Have a couple of glasses of sangria, rub a bit of sun cream into your eyes, stand 150ft away from your computer.

millennium-falcon-iii.jpg

Does it look like this? Mystery solved.

You're welcome.
  • Soni
    I count myself lucky that I didnt get abducted after reading through a UFO forum.

Guys on there have lost 2 hours memory and ended up with mental problems and puncture wounds in their arms where blood is taken.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Soni wrote:
    I count myself lucky that I didnt get abducted after reading through a UFO forum.

Guys on there have lost 2 hours memory and ended up with mental problems and puncture wounds in their arms where blood is taken.

I think they probably just took heroin?
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    It could have been worse, they could have spent 30 minutes reading this.
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    There is a military base in the aitana hills 15km from that. The road up it was used in the vuelta
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    A bit underwhelmed, I'm afraid.

What resolution does that camcorder record in? Can you take a still from somewhere in the footage where you haven't zoomed in and lost the ability of the thing to focus?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • danlikesbikes
    Fat Head wrote:
    There is a military base in the aitana hills 15km from that. The road up it was used in the vuelta

Been up that hill & there are several climbs up, little used roads with the names still painted on the roads.

2 bases on the hill, one in use & for Satellites & also a weather station (cough letting off weather balloons). The other base is completely empty and not in use, looks like something from a movie set.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Fat Head wrote:

Been up that hill & there are several climbs up, little used roads with the names still painted on the roads.

2 bases on the hill, one in use & for Satellites & also a weather station (cough letting off weather balloons). The other base is completely empty and not in use, looks like something from a movie set.
    At ground level maybe.....

F662C2AF-A64E-499A-926C-C951DFCFECBF-1678-00000291F3DC6400_zps1816d65c.jpg

I think I recognise the UFO in the picture also....... Case closed 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Soni wrote:
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Having now seen the video, it looks balloon-shaped. Given that it hangs in the sky very much like a balloon, I'm going to guess it's a balloon. On the other hand, we can't be sure it's a weather balloon, so it's a UB rather than a UFO.

Weather balloon? No way, what weather balloon do you know that can stay perfectly still like that?

My guess was that it's a balloon. Now, my knowledge of balloons is a bit lacking, so I can't be sure what type of balloon it is: therefore, to answer your two points . . .
    (1) I didn't say it's a weather balloon, just a balloon
    (2) I claim no knowledge of any balloons, weather or otherwise
    However . . .
    The wind does different things at different altitudes - hence the common site of moving clouds on a fairly still day, or clouds moving apparently upwind. So it might have been pretty still up there.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Soni
    'Pretty Still' you can say that again, it didnt move for over half an hour, what balloons do you know of that do that, and above the sea?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Soni wrote:
    'Pretty Still' you can say that again, it didnt move for over half an hour, what balloons do you know of that do that, and above the sea?

A tethered one :?:
  • danlikesbikes
    seanoconn wrote:
    Fat Head wrote:

At ground level maybe.....

F662C2AF-A64E-499A-926C-C951DFCFECBF-1678-00000291F3DC6400_zps1816d65c.jpg

I think I recognise the UFO in the picture also....... Case closed 8)

Not quite like the film set I meant but no far off :D
  • Soni
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Soni wrote:

A tethered one :?:

Try it.

Tie a balloon down and let it float up to the sky.

It may not blow that far away, but it WILL still movr about.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    It's quite difficult to get a sense of scale from that video. What impression did you have at the time of what size it might be?

Was it in exactly the same spot for all the time you looked at it, or did it move slightly? It looks like it's in different positions at different times but I can't tell if that's due to different camera positions or not (I admit I haven't watched the whole video all of the way through...)
  • Soni
    neeb wrote:
    It's quite difficult to get a sense of scale from that video. What impression did you have at the time of what size it might be?

Was it in exactly the same spot for all the time you looked at it, or did it move slightly? It looks like it's in different positions at different times but I can't tell if that's due to different camera positions or not (I admit I haven't watched the whole video all of the way through...)

Hi Neeb,

It looked like the size of an aeroplane in the sky, but not the shape.

It was perfectly still throughout, didnt move an inch, I changed positions several times as we were on our way out for the evening and I was receiving pressure from my group to stop filming and get to our venue and therefore continued walking and kept stopping at various different places around the bay to take more camera footage.

I thought I see two movements, once I thought I saw it turning around, but that was whilst zooming and looking through the view finder, but when I took my eye away and looked at it with my naked eye I could tell it was the camera distorting the image and I also have some vague memory of something opening up below it, but cant remember if that was fact or the camera playing tricks with me again.
  • neeb
    Is there any chance it could actually have been quite small and a lot closer, and that the impression of it being plane-sized could have been an optical illusion?

One thing that occurred to me (you'll possibly be able to dismiss this instantly) is that there could be some sort of thin and invisible wire running between the building and some other structure, and that the object could be attached to this as a warning to low flying aircraft or whatever. The black thing at the side could have been a bird sitting on the wire next to the object. Just an idea... You say it looked like a cylinder but in the video it just looks like a round blob.
  • Soni
    neeb wrote:
    Is there any chance it could actually have been quite small and a lot closer, and that the impression of it being plane-sized could have been an optical illusion?

One thing that occurred to me (you'll possibly be able to dismiss this instantly) is that there could be some sort of thin and invisible wire running between the building and some other structure, and that the object could be attached to this as a warning to low flying aircraft or whatever. The black thing at the side could have been a bird sitting on the wire next to the object. Just an idea... You say it looked like a cylinder but in the video it just looks like a round blob.

The camera was pants to be honest, with the naked eye you could easily see if was higher than anything in the area, I have no idea exactly 'how high' but it was at a height that you see planes flying at near my house which is about a 15-20 minute flight to Gatwick.

With the naked eye you could see it was a dark coloured metal, and it was cylindrical in shape, there is no way it could have been attached to anything up there.

I think the idea if military aircraft from that military base in the mountains that somebody above posted about is a strong possibility, im sure if we have the technology to put robots on Mars then they have the technology to keep an item perfectly still in the sky.

However I was thinking, for it to have appeared perfectly still in the sky for that length of time, whilst the earth was spinning, wouldnt that mean that it must have had the technology to not just remain still buy also to track the rotation and axis of the earth?
  • neeb
    How curious.. I doubt it's some secret military aircraft, it's quite difficult to get something to just sit in the air without some obvious means of propulsion such as rotors or whatever and as this was 14 years ago i think we'd have heard about it by now (or something similar). On the evidence of the video alone and the fact that it wasn't close i would say a ballon was most likely (if it was big and far away it could seem to be completely stationary for a long time), but your eyewitness description doesn't fit. I'm flummoxed for the time being!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Was it Campag or Shimano?

Definitely suspicious. Good post Soni...the truth is out there. I'd love it to be some secret squirrel military device
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • A bright object apparently stationary in the sky just after sunset, hmmm

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/Venusufo.htm

Graeme Willy: You are an alien!
    Paul: To you I am, yes.
    Graeme Willy: Are you gonna probe us?
    Paul: Why does everyone always assume that? What am I doing? Harvesting farts? How much can I learn from an ass?

Paul is full of great quotes,

On Occam's Razor and conspiracy theories....

Graeme Willy: How come I can understand you? Are you using some neural language router?
    Paul: Actually I'm speaking English you f**king idiot!

On civilisation.....

State Trooper: Where are you boys from?
    Clive Gollings: ...England.
    State Trooper: I heard about that place: no guns.
    Graeme Willy: Not many...
    Clive Gollings: No, not really, just... farmers.
    State Trooper: Well how are police supposed to shoot anybody?
    Graeme Willy: [Uncomfortable] Well they don't...
    Clive Gollings: They- they try not to...
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.
  • Soni
    Interesting post, but doesnt match the description.

It mentions glowing, this wasnt glowing, the only glowing was from the dodgy focus of the camcorder.

This to the naked eye was metal looking and cylindrical in shape.
  • "Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin"

Tommy Cooper
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.