Sky and David Walsh

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    micron wrote:
    I knew that would get you all going :wink: of course I don't have any secret compelling evidence! But you were all ready to dismiss it out of hand simply because of the messenger. Like I say, that pesky open mindedness - cuts both ways
    Ahh, the old "I was only joking" defence. To be honest I think you've made enough of a fool of yourself without going for that one.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    ^this

Have you thought about taking up cycling in reverse, because you're clearly cut out for back-pedalling? As fond as you also are for changing the direction of an argument if you dont have an answer or dont like the one you've have to give if you were truthful.

Sounds like the perfect politician or councillor - can't for the life of me understand how she didnt get elected :roll:
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Pross wrote:

I'm tempted to agree. I don't follow @festinagirl and with micron's first few posts on here I thought you lot had been wrong and she was prepared to enter into rational debate and consider other views / back up her own point-of-view with some form of evidence when not confined to character limits. I'm always keen to learn and re-consider my own view if presented with material to convince me (or even just get me thinking along a different route) but there has been nothing new here.

+1
  • EKIMIKE
    ddraver wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I'm following TWH's lead. What an utter waste of time and energy this has been.

I'm tempted to agree. I don't follow @festinagirl and with micron's first few posts on here I thought you lot had been wrong and she was prepared to enter into rational debate and consider other views / back up her own point-of-view with some form of evidence when not confined to character limits. I'm always keen to learn and re-consider my own view if presented with material to convince me (or even just get me thinking along a different route) but there has been nothing new here. I was hoping we might get something about having seen blood values or power figures that are consistent with dopers but no, it's still just that the team dominated a few races and rode similar tactics to USPS.

+1 again....shame :(

Even the bit in bold? Unlikely... :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    micron wrote:
    Ok, let's try this another way: you don't like the endless suspicion focused on sky because they employed a couple of doping doctors and ex-dopers whilst zero tolerance was in place yet you would have the focus turned on other teams for, um, employing dodgy doctors and ex-dopers without having a zero tolerance policy?

Question is, why is there more evidence against Ibarguren than Leinders? Or are there degrees of dodginess?

Btw RR did you dig out the link where DB 'called me out' personally or we're you just making that up to see if I'd run away?

Who is saying this? I think most (all) are saying that Sky is being disproportionately smeared. So are you saying that this is because they made the mistake of doing the same as everyone else in hiring people who had doped (and were either naive enough to believe they hadn't or knew they had and ignored it) whilst being pompous about being a clean team? If so is the crusade against pompous BS in cycling rather than drugs in cycling? In that case I would agree that Sky are guilty and that their own press statements are the key prosecution evidence. Otherwise the anti-doping crusaders should be concentrating on all teams not just one.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Pross - on the money!
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Pross, nail on head. Chapeau.

And now adieu - quite enough for one day - got to hand it to most of you, the level of personal insult and closed mindedness makes twitter look like a vicarage tea party - excellent! Until the next time :wink:
  • micron wrote:
    Pross, nail on head. Chapeau.

And now adieu - quite enough for one day - got to hand it to most of you, the level of personal insult and closed mindedness makes twitter look like a vicarage tea party - excellent! Until the next time :wink:

People disagree with you, request you back up your assertions and you still haven't answered any of my questions and I didn't insult you once. Debate is nothing to be scared of.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • EKIMIKE
    Debate is difficult when ddraver insists on calling people idiots. Just sayin'...
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Debate is difficult when ddraver insists on calling people idiots. Just sayin'...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
  • EKIMIKE
    Exactly, some things speak for themselves. Shouting lots about it generally doesn't help...
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Right DD & RR - next time you go on twitter and find George Sanders impersonators hiding under bridges, please for the love of god don't bring them home with you!
  • Noes. Will try not to. Exhausted from Twatters efforts anyway. Home (chez BR) is best.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    I was going to join this thread for some actual productive debate, but after micron's stunt there I've lost the will to live. That was despicable, counter-productive and cheap. To then claim, against all evidence, that it showed "closed-mindedness" beggars belief. People were looking close to digging up an ADUK phone number for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • oh, btw, I certainly didnt make it up about Brailsford out calling her and the Twatter gang

I have a bloody good memory (for some things) - just had to hunt around for the article

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... itise.html

last section of the article
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh I was going to post all the crap she said about us, but meh it's been said, to summarise we re close minded and don't listen to stuff she's just made up and are therefore offensive

I call that a win boys and girl!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    EKIMIKE wrote:

Sorry, but I could nt think of another word for that particular situation...
    - @ddraver
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    oh, btw, I certainly didnt make it up about Brailsford out calling her and the Twatter gang

I have a bloody good memory (for some things) - just had to hunt around for the article

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... itise.html

last section of the article
    Of course you weren't making it up, why on earth would you.
    Who in their right mind would make up evidence to try and win an argument?
  • Well just got in and saw there was alot of activity on this thread today, and so picked up from where I left off yesterday.

- BR guys/gals challenge Festinagirl on Twitter
    - Festinagirl brings argument back to BR for the luxury of the 'fuller response' away from the limitations of the 140
    - Festinagirl returns to reprise the previous guise of Micron and is quite charming
    - BR guys/ gals engage in some good debate and backs Micron into corner, where Micron proclaims 'I know something you don't know' which will prove me right and you wrong
    - Aghast the BRs say what is it, you must report it with RR quite rightly persisting that this must be done
    - Micron then says 'I haven't really got anything' and shuffles off claiming personal abuse and closed mindedness.

Found out or what!!!

That was both awesome and terrifying. :twisted:
  • ddraver
    Goddammit we ve wasted 19 pages and Squirrel has nailed it in 6 lines! :(
    - @ddraver
  • Finely summed up by the woodland creature
  • Thank you DD and RR.

I just didn't think Fest would crumble so quickly.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Oh. My. God. I return to work today after three days off sick, and miss all the fun! Osama Bin-There-Done-That turns up for a rumble in Camp Bastion, stays for a pow-wow over a cuppa, shows everyone a glimpse of her suicide vest in attempt to regain initiative, which is then rapidly exposed as being a Blue Peter jobbie made of old toilet rolls.

Oh. My. God...

I mean... the dying days of Ligget's defence of Lance popped into my head when she came out with that 'insider info'... what was she thinking?

Oh. My. God... she was the one and only seemingly sane member of the twattyban... I suppose if you spend all days writing pithy opinion pieces full of baseless innuendo and circular arguments, signed off with a winky emoticon this is what happens.

Shocking... I was so looking forward to switching her on to Dennisn and Frenchie and watching the fireworks... :cry:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Was reminiscent of Sky's inaugural season. Lot of noise and bluster, then nowhere to be see when the road went uphill.
  • ddraver
    Ha Hah, I know! Festina vs Frenchie would have been super!

Apologies to everyone for bringing her back, but in my defence, I ve had a very dull few days (saving for Paris at the weekend for the rugby) and this livened things up nicely!
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    @DD - were the DMs any different from the public stuff?
  • I'm not sure I can quite believe what I have read over the last couple of pages. She did just pull the 'I know something you don't, actually only kidding' trick didn't she? I had assumed she would be a dissapointment over here but wasn't quite prepared for how much of a disappointment. It would actually be very funny if she didn't have such a significant voice within the world of cycling (bet your creaming your pants reading that eh, festinagirl?), however pathetic twitter is, it still goes a long way to form the opinions of a significant number of people. It's actually scary to think that her and people like her on twitter have such a loud voice.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I've missed dennism's voice in this argument.

Ironically I think this was a response to a perceived concerted "attack" on prominent Twitter Wiggo-skeptics. When what kicked the whole thing off was a piece of performance tweeting by Paul Kimmage that outraged quite a few who were traced back here.

Lesson learned.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    ddraver wrote:
    Ha Hah, I know! Festina vs Frenchie would have been super!

Apologies to everyone for bringing her back, but in my defence, I ve had a very dull few days (saving for Paris at the weekend for the rugby) and this livened things up nicely!

Those two were having a bit of a love in on another thread and I refer you to her comments on long standing forumites when entering this thread.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Typical woman. Flutters her eyelashes at you, promises a lot but then before you get to see the goods she sods off, leaving you feeling deeply unsatisfied.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)