Womens Cycling

Comments

• I don't know who worse, you or Brailsford! :wink:
  • OK, Ok, I am actually Fran Millar
  • Really? I thought I was!
  • No, I'M Fran Millar

etc etc

A Rapha Sky neck warmer freebie, anyone?
  • A Rapha Sky neck warmer freebie, anyone?

Simon Gerrans? OK, maybe not...
  • No, I'M Fran Millar

etc etc

A Rapha Sky neck warmer freebie, anyone?

Yes, please.

BTW, I am Fran Millar, and so is my wife.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Who is RR? - A Quest loyal Knights!

If you ARE festinagirl I'm going to be really disappointed!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    She is not festinagirl. She was on this forum a long time ago but left. She was decent on the forum but seems to have too much time on her twitter fingers...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver wrote:

Re: Fran Millar vs Cyclismas
    by Richmond Racer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:12 am

yeah, handled pretty sharply and well by her, I thought. I think there's going to be a lot more of her/Sky stepping in and responding, rather than ignoring it and allowing it to snowball.
    Re: Fran Millar vs Cyclismas
    by Richmond Racer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:10 am

All I've heard from a BC guy who works in Manchester is that she can be a moody piece. That's all. In which case, join the club
    Hmmmmmm. Not holding my breath for that neck-warmer.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • eeek...my cunning bluff....rumbled!!

out of neck warmers...

perhaps a £40 race diary will do?
  • ddraver wrote:

If you ARE festinagirl I'm going to be really disappointed!

If I was her, I'd make myself so sour and miserable I'd top myself
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Heh heh... Made my evening.

Your bomb-shell better be straight-up, RR; my jaw had a mouthful of dinner in it when it hit the floor.
  • eeek...my cunning bluff....rumbled!!

out of neck warmers...

perhaps a £40 race diary will do?

Not interested. Now if you were Fran Millar, and you had something that would appeal to a certain 12 year-old monomaniac Sky fan of my acquaintance, that would be different. I might even keep your omerta.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    eh wrote:
    Armitstead says to run a top-flight women's team would cost around 450, 000 euros a year - an amount she describes as "nothing".

Funny idea of what nothing means. So for a 3 year team you are looking at the best part of 1.4million Euros, to pay someone to cycle for a living. The thing that women need to do is persuade companies what do they get for paying out all that cash?

its "nothing" compared against what sponsors spend on the mens teams, Team Sky are supposed to have a budget of nearly 20 million Euros per year, they were tweeting pictures of their own custom made/bottled olive oilthe other week,then you read Marijn de Vries blog and on the womens tour they have to change out of their kit in the street or raid the nearest cafe, because the race organisers normally dont even provide a portaloo at the stage end!!

there was one race Im sure last year where Emma Pooley mentioned she had to help push the team van to get it started because it was basically on its last legs as were most of the team after a particularly exhausting stage, then to have some horrendouse 2hr drive to the hotel theyd booked in. not ideal prep, you can just imagine Brad + co jumping out and pushing the Sky bus.

the UCI arent interested in doing alot of things, but particularly not about promoting or helping the womens side of the sport it seems
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    In her latest intervew she has a pop at the new Wiggle Honda team ahead of its official launch tomorrow, and says that even if Sky set up a womens team, she wouldnt go there anyway ('na na, na na na').

in many ways her comment is a reaction to the kind of reaction your giving to her in the first place :D, ie shes already defensive to something she hasnt done because she knows everyone takes what she says negatively , but if Team Sky setup a womens team, youd expect her to join it, because shes been moaning about them not doing it right, and then if she doesnt, whats the big deal why does she keep moaning about something and then not join it etc etc.

actually what shes saying is shes a) committed to her current team and why shouldnt she be, even if the kit has definately been designed by a bloke, and b) repeating what alot of people in the womens racing side say alot which is actually having a Team Sky womens team, which undoubtedly would just pick the majority of TeamGB olympic hopefuls, wont help womens racing a jot. because its the whole package thing that we need more teams, more riders more coverage,more races, more sponsors and hopefully then the domestiques of the teams might actually earn enough of a living from the sport.

the sport doesnt need a bolt hole team for all its national team medal aspirations to be salaried from.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Jeez, you lot are so slow. I even outed RR as a girl in a recent thread having had my suspicions for a while. I was reluctant to believe my own instincts at first as it didn't seem possible for a girly to know so much about cycling but eventually I was like a Lance fanboi collapsing under the weight of evidence and asked directly which got a sort of cryptic 'yes' along the lines of 'more Giro Donne that Giro D'Italia'.

Now the fact that GreasedScotsman is neither greasy or a Scot has come as a complete shock! Who would claim to be a Scotsman when they don't have to? :lol:
  • Pross IS the David Walsh of the forum
  • Gotta love the internetz

"eeep! A gurl!"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I did note that Pross, and also had some suspicions - but there was no real proof and under British Libel Laws, I wasnt able to publish those decision!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pah, suddenly everyone claims to have been in the know but were too scared to voice their concerns. It sounds so familiar. :twisted:
  • all the time I remained tranquilo
  • Pross wrote:
    Pah, suddenly everyone claims to have been in the know but were too scared to voice their concerns. It sounds so familiar. :twisted:

I didn't. I had "him" down as looking like this...

mamil-makeover-003-768x1024.jpg
  • Pross

Never come across those before. Eerily accurate though, spooky!
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

I didn't. I had "him" down as looking like this...

mamil-makeover-003-768x1024.jpg

Nothing to say she doesn't is there? :lol:
  • *stomps off in huff*
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    RR is a girl!

Should of guessed, in the main RR gives the most reasoned and eloquent posts on here - makes sense really.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Thought to myself "I wonder how long it'll take for the predictable male ego to present itself with a 'I knew it all along' post?"....

Well done Pross.
  • Pross
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Thought to myself "I wonder how long it'll take for the predictable male ego to present itself with a 'I knew it all along' post?"....

Well done Pross.

I can post the evidence to support my ego though :wink: