"I'm a good boy Nick/LL, really I am"

:P
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Basil-the-rat-awful-cow-eyes.png

"I'm a good boy Nick/LL, really I am"

:P

Slow day in the office? Your obsession is becoming a little creepy TBH. Think someone needs to take a break...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    unbelievably slow...
    - @ddraver
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Bored with this now...

and I don't like seeing people who's opinions I respect, needlessly arguing with each other.

Merry Christmas!
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • alanp23 wrote:
    Bored with this now...

and I don't like seeing people who's opinions I respect, needlessly arguing with each other.

Merry Christmas!

Can you share the wine gums around? that might help foster the Christmas spirit?
  • ddraver wrote:
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    And, for all the doping aside, you've got to admit Contador's can do some outstanding rides. He livens races up on the road.

And that's the exciting spectacle that everyone wants, not just from AC but all teams and riders. Who cares if they dope as long as we re entertained, Who cares if the best rider wins or not as long as they have big brown cow* eyes

*genuinely no link intended.

FTFY too

DDRAVER, changing my post to fit your agenda is a bit lame, I suggest you grow up a bit. I like watching a good race. If your views on doping are so strong, I fail to see how you enjoy any sport let alone cycling. I do not support doping. I am realistic enough to know that in every walk of life you find cheats. My single tone on this topic has been that Contador will make an outstanding challenger for the Sky/Froome attempt at the tour next year. It is a can of worms.
  • ddraver
    You re angry this afternoon arentcha? This is supposed to be a place of fun, chillax a bit...
    - @ddraver
  • From Russia with love for the haters.

2p6nf.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Learning some new techniques?
    - @ddraver
  • When is your flight to Siberia?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    NEVER!!!!

Shame, i could have met him on the way...
    - @ddraver
  • Can we call an amnesty (but not truth and reconciliation)?

Contador bores the ar&e off me as it is.

And we have SO much more to discuss and dissect.
  • Wow, you two really are churning the posts out on just about any thread.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Wow, you two really are churning the posts out on just about any thread.

Shut up and benefit from it

:)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Wow, you two really are churning the posts out on just about any thread.
    High post count, must mean credibility eh?
  • ddraver
    And we have SO much more to discuss and dissect.

Id say the trouble is at the moment, that we don't

(which could have been your humorous point..)
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bompington wrote:

You're not wrong.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Sorry just thought of this.

Clenbertierol

Had to share, will get me coat now.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    symo wrote:
    Sorry just thought of this.

Clenbertierol

Had to share, will get me coat now.
    How about Clenbertielol for a small improvement?
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Oleg not helping the Saxo world tour cause, Riis must be delighted by his owner's contribution to the doping debate

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkov- ... xaggerated
  • bipedal wrote:
    Oleg not helping the Saxo world tour cause, Riis must be delighted by his owner's contribution to the doping debate

Young Kittel's response on Twitter is very amusing. Great use of 3 wise monkeyemoticons :)
  • Kittel still on one. Maybe he should get his own house in order. Maybe he is the clever one though and all his vocal anti-doping talk is a smoke screen.

Ps. I like the guy. He is just upset as Tinkoff said the reality which is: 'who knows anyone in Argos'? They have Kittel and Degnekolb but both will likely leave to bigger money.

610x-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Looking at the Saxo-Tinkoff squad, with the exception of Contador and Nuyens, it's hardly star studded is it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Looking at the Saxo-Tinkoff squad, with the exception of Contador and Nuyens, it's hardly star studded is it.

bit unfair on Nico Roche and Roman Kreuziger there...
  • bipedal wrote:

Young Kittel's response on Twitter is very amusing. Great use of 3 wise monkeyemoticons :)

Kittel does realise there is still a chance he could face a ban doesn't he?

I like Kittel, but he can't be the sharpest tool - anybody with strong anti-doping views would surely try to stay away from needles and blood removal, no?
  • bompington wrote:

Nowt to do with credibility, more to do with over-gobbiness (in my case)
  • to be fair to Oleg, this is a good point...

“As far as I understand it, the topic of doping exists everywhere, in other sports too, but nowhere does it get such phenomenal attention.”
  • to be fair to Oleg, this is a good point...

“As far as I understand it, the topic of doping exists everywhere, in other sports too, but nowhere does it get such phenomenal attention.”

Hm, unfortunately, its not an excuse for cycling though. I would like to see the outcome of every top European league football player being tested on a Saturday morning though. I imagine the outcome would be quite a giggle.
  • Nick Fitt wrote:
    And, for all the doping aside, you've got to admit Contador's can do some outstanding rides. He livens races up on the road.

And that's the exciting spectacle that everyone wants, not just from AC but all teams and riders. It would be nice if everyone moved on from drugs but some people find it too addictive.

It keeps on coming back to this for some people. David Millar was right when he said that as well as all the other factions in cycling, fans have to share some responsibility for a doping culture in the sport.

Yep, so agree. For the first quote you might as well replace Armstrong circa 2005 for Contador.

It's not exciting when you know it's unreal. I'd much rather watch top clean riders battling it out, rather than the best 5 dopers just because the latter are supposedly more 'exciting'.
  • I'm sorry but it is utter bollocks to suggest that fans should share some responsibility, how? Millar is laughably wrong, sponsors yes, I hear Nibali is on 3.5 mn Euros per year, that kind of money is tempting a win at any cost mentality. Its all too often the bridesmaids that dope, look at Millar himself; never the bride at the WTT until he doped.

At this moment in time, Contador is deemed clean, he cheated and he got banned, the circumstances may well be laughable but tough, it is what it is, get over it.

And he is an exciting rider. IF the next 3 GTs in 2013 are clean, then you should still expect exciting riding, it is not the dope that makes a man think sharply, time his attacks. Its the dope that allows the speed, recovery etc.