Ebay Monstrosities

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Capt Slog wrote:
    SME's pic from above......s-l1600.jpg

Whilst there is no way that I would want such a thing, I can see that it is at least well made and there has been some design and work put into it. The usual is to bolt together a load of crap so that it looks like something they've seen in a picture (presumably a grainy, blow-up, from telephoto, in bad light), and slap the price on it which matches a "real one".

I've just had a look at that 'recumbant' above, and it's sold for £120. :shock:

I've got a sheds full of tat that i keep taking to the skip or leaving out for the scrappers, I'm doing it wrong.

Yes, it's well made and well thought out. But still horrible

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,438
    Time the keyboard warriors... err, sorry BR brethrens posted their shed pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12876355
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Just keeping the thread from 'branching' out too far.....
    s_l500.jpgwindows screenshot
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/one-off-custo ... SwFdtX0tuk
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • pinno
    That's a cross between a picnic table and a bike.

What's with the patch of Astro Turf - Grass tracking?

I'll get my coat.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    People who viewed the 'plank' above, also viewed...

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BICYCL ... 2392116130

A couple of quotes from the description which (witch) made me laugh until I saw tears..

THIS WOULD BE GREAT TAKEN TO THE NEXT LEVEL :shock:
    and
    SHAME TO SEE IT GO BUT LACK OF USE AND MY 10 YEAR OLD HAS SHOWN NO INTERST IN IT :lol:

Perhaps the funniest has to be...

£140

The older I get, the better I was.

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,009
    ^Quick only 30 min left!

DOSE BOTTOM OUT ON SPEED BUMPS JUST GOT TO GO AT SPEED AND YOU WILL BE OK :)
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I don't even understand how that yellow thing is supposed to function as a bike. I'd rather give him £140 for that tyre hanging from a rope in the background, at least it looks useful!
  • andcp
    Utterly brilliant! And we know where Elvis is now....
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Just seen this. Nothing beats a steerer tube joined to another one with a clamp? The discription is epic too. Never seen anything like it.
    image_zpscowaikes.png
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Full the full glory details a link.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cinelli-Saett ... SwA3dYC-k6
  • pinno
    What a screamer of a description:

Two time conqueror of The great Ditchling Beacon Hill.The bike climbs like a mountain goat and descends well balanced...like an eagle.(while most riders came off their bikes and decided to walk up this killer hill,this machine here went up as if it was a casual walk in the park).

...built entirely with top quality Italian components...

Campag Centaur?!

Whoever buys this one will be inundated with compliments,the bike catches attention everytime and everywhere.

They'll be inundated with something.

Great find Mallorcajeff.
  • secretsam

The shame is, that was once a decent bike. I have a Saetta and it's ace.

As for the comments about Campag Centaur, well we can't all afford Super Record.

• pinno
    SecretSam wrote:

As for the comments about Campag Centaur, well we can't all afford Super Record.

..but it isn't 'top quality', even if it is very good.
  • Not a great advert for the mechanic and bike shop mentioned unless it was done under duress?

'I had this built specially for me by a very talented,very patient bike mechanic called Dee at Daycocks Bicycles in Dalston,London,all parts brand new,no expense spared.'

Dee must have been very patient indeed. Or needs to go to specsavers.
  • Just seen this. Nothing beats a steerer tube joined to another one with a clamp? The discription is epic too. Never seen anything like it.
    image_zpscowaikes.png

WTF?
  • Pinno wrote:

Two time conqueror of The great Ditchling Beacon Hill.The bike climbs like a mountain goat and descends well balanced...like an eagle.(while most riders came off their bikes and decided to walk up this killer hill,this machine here went up as if it was a casual walk in the park).

Campag Centaur?!

Whoever buys this one will be inundated with compliments,the bike catches attention everytime and everywhere.

Great find Mallorcajeff.

Inundated with complaints more like. What a munter.

Still, at least it's fixable.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    Pinno wrote:

Campag Centaur?!

Great find Mallorcajeff.

Inundated with complaints more like. What a munter.

Still, at least it's fixable.
    If i was spending £2.5k on a second hand bike i'd expect there to be nothing that needed fixing!
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    Well. I had a road bike nicked last month so have been looking for a folder to commute on that I can keep inside my flat... And came across this. OK maybe not a monstrosity, but who the heck wants something like this? Surely it's quicker to walk, maybe even tip-toe?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/folding-bike- ... SwZVlXrMnG
  • pinno
    s-l1600.jpg
    SME wrote:
    ... And came across this. OK maybe not a monstrosity, but who the heck wants something like this? Surely it's quicker to walk, maybe even tip-toe?

I know, that seat angle is all wrong and the cranks are too short.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Just seen this. Nothing beats a steerer tube joined to another one with a clamp? The discription is epic too. Never seen anything like it.
    image_zpscowaikes.png

WTF?

I dunno. Apart from the current owner being a complete retard, if it were my size I would have it and return it to a sensible build. Get the front sorted and some sober bar tape jobs a good un
  • Just seen this. Nothing beats a steerer tube joined to another one with a clamp? The discription is epic too. Never seen anything like it.
    image_zpscowaikes.png

WTF?

I dunno. Apart from the current owner being a complete retard, if it were my size I would have it and return it to a sensible build. Get the front sorted and some sober bar tape jobs a good un
    Looks like the seller has form for this sort of thing here's another of his 'creations'
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cervelo-S3-Full-Carbon-20speed-Aero-Racer-XL58cm-DuraAce-Groupset-Fulcrum-Wheels/222316578593?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3Dd4c87c10bfa04281953ee43a1cd5e70d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D222291967866
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    image_zpscowaikes.png

WTF?

Looks like the seller has form for this sort of thing here's another of his 'creations'
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cervelo-S3-Full-Carbon-20speed-Aero-Racer-XL58cm-DuraAce-Groupset-Fulcrum-Wheels/222316578593?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3Dd4c87c10bfa04281953ee43a1cd5e70d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D222291967866

A part of me died inside when I viewed that.
  • pinno
    s-l1600.jpg

Apart from the pedals (which thankfully aren't included) and the crazy stem/head arrangement, that could be quite a nice bike.
  • SME
    Pinno wrote:
    s-l1600.jpg

Apart from the pedals (which thankfully aren't included) and the crazy stem/head arrangement, that could be quite a nice bike.

Agreed.

The person selling this either has a bad back (beggers why they wanted a road bike), and/or has never heard of the term 'bike fit'.
  • secretsam
    Pinno wrote:
    s-l1600.jpg

I'm guessing one previous owner, who was quite upset when it was nicked

• andcp
    Pinno wrote:
    tsk.....they're not pedals, they're "Special Magic Clips" according to the advert
  • pinno
    Surprised he didn't have matching red Dork discs. I think it would go with the 'Special Magic Clips'.

If he's selling both the Cervelo and the Cinelli without pedals, does that mean he has some other projects in the pipeline?

Ooh f*ck.
  • SME
    OK... Not eBay, and maybe not a monstrosity, but I think worthy of mention none the less...

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ike-302334
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    I think even I could sort that out
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I really want to have a go on that to see how it rides