Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Ebay Monstrosities

«13456715

Posts

  • carrockcarrock Posts: 1,275
    That is probably the ugliest bike I have ever seen. The owner must be blind or mental.
  • scwxx77scwxx77 Posts: 1,470
    Ingrid Bergman wouldn't touch it.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • love the comment 'hope it can go to a lovely home of a pro rider' :shock:
  • ju5t1nju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Wtf!!!
  • alihisgreatalihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    definitely a communter
  • jim453jim453 Posts: 1,420
    Ezy rider's finally decided to sell the bike. Nice decals though.
  • Never has the word upgraded been so mis-used.
  • mcp73mcp73 Posts: 89
    Now this is a thread that really should keep going - brilliant! I'm off to research!
  • NapoleonDNapoleonD Posts: 18,632
    That is making me feel ill!

    'Fully upgraded if you are professional enough to spot it from the photographs' :shock:
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • peatpeat Posts: 1,243
    no words....

    no words.
  • GiraffotoGiraffoto Posts: 2,078
    The bike done less than 50 miles .Kept indoor everyday. Clean every week
    . . .
    Reason for sale :
    -knee injury due to hiking in Wales

    This should be posted as a warning of what happens if you spend all your time "upgrading" rather than riding.

    Great use of language, by the way, and I like the odd theory that setting foot in Wales can cripple you.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Why would you do that to a bike?
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • amaferangaamaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I asked him if this bike was new to the pro peleton cos I'd not seen one like it before.
    More problems but still living....
  • pb21pb21 Posts: 2,168
    :shock:

    I would have thought the human rights act would have prevented such things from existing.
    Mañana
  • carrockcarrock Posts: 1,275
    This isnt on ebay as such but is the top of the range Specialized S Works Ruby with Di2.

    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec042290

    For a piffling £8500 :shock: :shock: :shock: you can buy a bike that looks like a £90 cheapie from a motor accessory shop.

    A kind of wedding cake on wheels.

    I posted the pic on specialized's Facebook site and challenged them to sell a single one, and this is the reply I got

    Thanks for your comments, aesthetics are clearly your forte ;) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Most of the gals here myself included think the Sworks Ruby is pretty nifty looking. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Yeah right....
  • amaferangaamaferanga Posts: 6,789
    In answer about my questions regarding how to brake from the drops and if this sort of bike is new to the pro peleton I received the following (promt) reply:
    As you can see from other cyclist riding fixed gear with drop bar , they usually have 2 riding position , one is the braking position which both/ one hand goes to the inter handle to brake . Another is the riding position with both hands away from the lever and switch into position one quickly in emergency.
    For this bike , there are 3 ways of holding the bar. Firstly, holding the inter bar ( like riding a mountain bike ) for best braking performance. Secondly, straighten your arms a bit on both upper end of handlebar to perform braking position with thumb ( this position is inspire by TT bike rider position for long journey ride) . The last one is the normal road bike riding position ( which provide fastest speed but slower reaction to braking) . PS: there is no road bike lever on the market can use hydraulic brake yet, so the performance of this bike should be on top of the other racing bike.
    More problems but still living....
  • natrixnatrix Posts: 1,111
    carrock wrote:
    Specialized S Works Ruby with Di2.....

    That is nowhere near the same league as the ebay monstrosity (which must be a wind up - it is a wind up isn't it?? - Nobody could seriously do that to a bike could they??? Please tell me that it's a wind up.............)
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • I'm thinking of getting this as my next TT machine.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • carrockcarrock Posts: 1,275
    I have sent a message to the guy on ebay as follows

    Sir

    It seems you have stuck a pair of racing handlebars on a mountain bike.

    Mountain bikes are, as their name implies, designed for mountaining.

    Road bikes are, as their name implies, designed for Roading.

    I think you should advertise this bike as a professional cyclo cross machine, ready for the winter season. Be sure to mention in the ad that it is UCI approved

    Good Luck
  • I'm thinking of getting this as my next TT machine.
    Thanks for posting this - I've been wondering what these 'aero bars' are that TTers keep going on about.

    Now I know.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • carrockcarrock Posts: 1,275
    Yes but" the mars are on the saddle " :?

    I have messaged to suggest a pic is taken with the bars rotated as no human could ride the bike like that.
  • carrockcarrock Posts: 1,275
    carrock wrote:
    I have sent a message to the guy on ebay as follows

    Sir

    It seems you have stuck a pair of racing handlebars on a mountain bike.

    Mountain bikes are, as their name implies, designed for mountaining.

    Road bikes are, as their name implies, designed for Roading.

    I think you should advertise this bike as a professional cyclo cross machine, ready for the winter season. Be sure to mention in the ad that it is UCI approved

    Good Luck

    And he has quickly responded

    Hi there,Thanks very much for your suggestion , I'll work it out now .Cheers- chrismofong

    :?

    Actually starting to feel a bit sorry for him......
  • natrixnatrix Posts: 1,111
    carrock wrote:
    Actually starting to feel a bit sorry for him......

    No need to feel sorry for him, he's the fastest guy on a bike that I know. I asked him how fast the bike went, here's the reply:

    I'm sorry I didn't install any speedometer on this bike so I can't tell you.
    But what I can tell you is that it takes me 3mins to go from Hove to Lewes on this bike.


    Hove to Lewes is 10 miles by road, to get there in 3 minutes he must be averaging 200mph!!!! :o :shock:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • carrockcarrock Posts: 1,275
    perhaps he is a quantum physicist and is simply making use of interdimensional worm holes.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,288
    natrix wrote:
    carrock wrote:
    Actually starting to feel a bit sorry for him......

    No need to feel sorry for him, he's the fastest guy on a bike that I know. I asked him how fast the bike went, here's the reply:

    I'm sorry I didn't install any speedometer on this bike so I can't tell you.
    But what I can tell you is that it takes me 3mins to go from Hove to Lewes on this bike.


    Hove to Lewes is 10 miles by road, to get there in 3 minutes he must be averaging 200mph!!!! :o :shock:

    It's a misprint.

    He meant to say it takes him 3 minutes to get from HOME to Lewes, and he lives 1/2 a mile away.


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • pdstsppdstsp Posts: 1,264
    It's growing on me :D
  • natrixnatrix Posts: 1,111
    Capt Slog wrote:
    He meant to say it takes him 3 minutes to get from HOME to Lewes, and he lives 1/2 a mile away.

    Hmmm, how do you know what he meant to say?? Come to think of it I've never seen you (Capt Slog) and chrismofong

    in the same room together, maybe you are one and the same :D
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • amaferangaamaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Capt Slog wrote:
    natrix wrote:

    It's a misprint.

    He meant to say it takes him 3 minutes to get from HOME to Lewes, and he lives 1/2 a mile away.

    How do you know he didn't mean 30mins to ride from Hove to Lewes? Of course if that were the case though then he'd only have been able to make that journey twice given that the bike has only done 50 miles!
    More problems but still living....
  • It's a friggin sight longer than 30 minutes to Lewes on a bicycle, take it from me, there's a lot of arsing great hills in the way.

    On behalf of Hove, I apologise for this bike.

    Fortunately I've never seen this super upgraded machine out on the road, I'd have probably fallen off with envy.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,288
    natrix wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    He meant to say it takes him 3 minutes to get from HOME to Lewes, and he lives 1/2 a mile away.

    Hmmm, how do you know what he meant to say?? Come to think of it I've never seen you (Capt Slog) and chrismofong

    in the same room together, maybe you are one and the same :D

    No it's not me.

    My bike is worse than that. :D


    The older I get, the better I was.

Sign In or Register to comment.