Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Kayne threatening to leave America because he lost in the election. I'm not sure if he's serious or just trolling Trump.

Either way it's amusing.

Half of Hollywood stated they were going to leave the US back in '16 when Trump got elected.
    I don't think the local estate agents (realtor?) suddenly had a glut of properties on their books.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    edited November 2020

Kayne threatening to leave America because he lost in the election. I'm not sure if he's serious or just trolling Trump.

Either way it's amusing.

Half of Hollywood stated they were going to leave the US back in '16 when Trump got elected.
    I don't think the local estate agents (realtor?) suddenly had a glut of properties on their books.
    I've actually heard a few non celebs say something to that effect. My reply has always been "Don't let the door hit you in the *ss on your way out".
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Step-one pants.
    Sorry for the blatant product plug but these are the mutts nuts. I have been dissatisfied with my pantage for a long while now and these are just so bloomin comfortable. Not the cheapest but money well spent.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    dennisn said:

Either way it's amusing.

I've actually heard a few non celebs say something to that effect. My reply has always been "Don't let the door hit you in the *ss on your way out".
    Funny how quite a few people on this forum whine and b1tch till they're blue in the face about how Brexit is, but none of them have taken the opportunity to exercise their right to freedom of movement and move to the land of milk and honey.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Stevo_666 said:

dennisn said:

Either way it's amusing.

Funny how quite a few people on this forum whine and b1tch till they're blue in the face about how Brexit is, but none of them have taken the opportunity to exercise their right to freedom of movement and move to the land of milk and honey.
    So move away from family and friends, give up jobs and try to make it in a country where they probably don't speak the language so they can continue to have the benefits they were previously able to have in the UK?
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

dennisn said:

Either way it's amusing.

So move away from family and friends, give up jobs and try to make it in a country where they probably don't speak the language so they can continue to have the benefits they were previously able to have in the UK?
    But if it's that bad....or maybe some people are exaggerating?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    I don't know anyone who thinks it is that bad so can't comment. That said, even if things are terrible most people's priority is being in a position to put a roof over their head and food on the table so giving it all up for a speculative move to another country is too big a risk. Similar to the bullying in work example I gave in the Patel thread, the obvious response is to quit your job but it's too big a risk when you have a family to house and feed.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Stevo_666 said:

In the words of Bachman-Turner Overdrive "B-b-b-baby you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet"
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

In the words of Bachman-Turner Overdrive "B-b-b-baby you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet"
    But you're still here?
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

I don't know anyone who thinks it is that bad so can't comment. That said, even if things are terrible most people's priority is being in a position to put a roof over their head and food on the table so giving it all up for a speculative move to another country is too big a risk. Similar to the bullying in work example I gave in the Patel thread, the obvious response is to quit your job but it's too big a risk when you have a family to house and feed.

Obviously time is a bit tight now, but people have had since late June 2016 to plan for 'the apocalypse'.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

dennisn said:

Either way it's amusing.

Ain't that the truth. I'd move tomorrow (although probably NZ, and not C19 related) but there is no way that the wife is moving away from the grand children.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    Audi drivers. Dontcha just luv 'em.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-55028065
  • Pross
    pblakeney said:

Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

dennisn said:

Either way it's amusing.

Ain't that the truth. I'd move tomorrow (although probably NZ, and not C19 related) but there is no way that the wife is moving away from the grand children.
    Yeah NZ or Canada would be on my list. I'm not one of those who thinks the UK is shite and that the grass is greener. I do feel things are less good than they were but that seems quite a global thing. Most countries would be out of the question anyway as I'd have to learn the language to a level suitable for a technical job. Even with places like NZ and Australia those days of a relatively low cost of living have gone and they are less attractive.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Only when cold do we use the wet back wood burner and as it has been so mild thus far, we lit it for the first time this winter, yesterday.
    But that didn't please the cat. He strolled in, looked at the big wood burner and sat on the floor staring at it somewhat disgruntled.
    So I shifted the old rug in front of the wet back. I think he's happy now:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,702
    pinno said:

Only when cold do we use the wet back wood burner and as it has been so mild thus far, we lit it for the first time this winter, yesterday.
    But that didn't please the cat. He strolled in, looked at the big wood burner and sat on the floor staring at it somewhat disgruntled.
    So I shifted the old rug in front of the wet back. I think he's happy now:

Epic cat photo.

This view cheered me up this afternoon.

1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    A trivial pleasure...

talking over the latest coronavirus public information announcement when it comes on the radio, to replace the words... "Hands, Face, Space"

with "Back, Sack, Crack"

The older I get, the better I was.

• orraloon
    Back... to common sense
    Sack... FatBo
    Crack... on
  • Mark Drakeford barred from 100 North Wales pubs over looming alcohol ban

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mark-drakeford-barred-100-north-19377496.amp
  • Drakeford hardly looks like the kind of man who would be affected by such a ban, but good on the licencees for being publicly minded and seeing the bigger picture. Or not.

The hospitality industry has been given far more support than many other businesses, yet still it isn't deemed good enough. Perhaps more business owners should set aside some of their profits for unforesen emergencies, like C-19, instead of withdrawing as much cash as possible via limited company dividends that give very little to the taxman and the wider community too.
  • orraloon
    iOS tech! Just paid in a cheque (old school client) via a banking app. Cool.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    edited December 2020
    Global warming won't be too drastic for this country's weather.
    Worst case scenario of 20 summer days a month?

"The UK
    The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) defines any day with a maximum temperature above 25C as a "summer day".

In the past 30 summers, even the warmest places in the UK, located in the South, had no more than seven days a month above 25C on average.

If global average temperatures rise by 2C, southern parts of the country could see more than 11 days per summer month go beyond 25C.

If the rise is 4C, those places could have 20 or more summer days per month, and higher likelihood of hot spells triggering public-health warnings.

The cooler, northern parts of the UK, which may not see many days above 25C even with a 4C rise, can nonetheless expect average daytime temperatures in summer to increase by at least 2.5C."

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274
    edited December 2020
    Forget that, late to the party as ever.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    orraloon said:

Audi drivers. Dontcha just luv 'em.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-55028065

Well, he was 18 so it's OK cause he's a moron. To bad he wasn't as mangled as the car.
  • The hypocritical, scaremongering Skynews presenters getting skewered by their own righteousness :smiley:
  • The hypocritical, scaremongering Skynews presenters getting skewered by their own righteousness :smiley:

The amazing thing about that is that she apparently thought it was going into a venue without giving track and trace details that was her only breach.

She's the "sadness in his eyes" one, isn't she?

I love it when hypocrites skewer themselves :smiley::smiley:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55245914

That's outrageous. If her boss supported her, it would all be OK, and people should shut up about it.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274
    edited December 2020
    Anyway, let's detoxify with this.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    isn't always exciting when you read something that articulates exactly a hunch you've had but never had the time or the articulation to spell it out?

Oh and my cast is off and my (very limited movement) wrist feels freeee.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336

The hypocritical, scaremongering Skynews presenters getting skewered by their own righteousness :smiley:

Ah, the forum hypocrite calling out hypocrisy, although he's happy to ignore it when it suits.