Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Ye-es, all very nice, but enough of the toilet scenarios.

Coming upon a mega family group of Canada geese, the adults on full neck up stance look out and the youngsters busy beaking their way through the short grass. All within almost touching distance. Lovely to see.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited July 2020
    The media's disappointment at Super Saturday aka the re-opening of pubs, bar and restaurants, not kicking of like they wanted it to
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Going to a pub last Saturday evening and having a civilised, socially distanced drink outside :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Don't people steer clear of you normally anyway?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Don't people steer clear of you normally anyway?

Only when I grin...the hair has grown back to a normal length now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I thought it was common knowledge that he has always practised social distancing when it came to his round.

"Stevo?, Stevo? ... Where's he gone?"
  • I thought it was common knowledge that he has always practised social distancing when it came to his round.

"Stevo?, Stevo? ... Where's he gone?"

Is it the aversion to paying that much tax voluntarily? :smiley:
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    All of the above o:)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry
    The clarity of light you get when it's blowing from the Northwest.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pinno
    rjsterry said:

Go to Scandinavia in mid summer and experience that Baltic blue light late evening and early morning.
    And on the subject of clarity; go to the Isle of Skye on the Western fringes and see how clear the sea is.
  • The media's disappointment at Super Saturday aka the re-opening of pubs, bar and restaurants, not kicking of like they wanted it to

Did you miss the Soho gathering?
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    pinno said:

rjsterry said:

Go to Scandinavia in mid summer and experience that Baltic blue light late evening and early morning.
    And on the subject of clarity; go to the Isle of Skye on the Western fringes and see how clear the sea is.
    Or the Outer Hebrides... ;)

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterry
    edited July 2020
    pinno said:

rjsterry said:

*sigh* Will have to make do with South London for the time being.

Most of my formative beach experiences were on the Bristol Channel or the Norfolk coast, so I was slightly mystified as to why people thought the sea was blue rather than brown.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642

The media's disappointment at Super Saturday aka the re-opening of pubs, bar and restaurants, not kicking of like they wanted it to

Did you miss the Soho gathering?
    London has finished with Covid-19, so it's fine.

• Ever the optimist then, TBB?
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    rjsterry said:

pinno said:

rjsterry said:

Most of my formative beach experiences were on the Bristol Channel or the Norfolk coast, so I was slightly mystified as to why people thought the sea was blue rather than brown.
    only many years later did you realise that the foam might be related to the big pipe ending 100 yards offshore.... surely it could not contain sewage
  • rjsterry

rjsterry said:

pinno said:

rjsterry said:

only many years later did you realise that the foam might be related to the big pipe ending 100 yards offshore.... surely it could not contain sewage
    Very little foam, just sediment. It's not called Weston super Mud for nothing.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Woohoo. My post-CV 19 haircut and the barber shaping my Flasheart moustache.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    pinno said:

You’ve just brought back memories of 35 years ago when I spent a week in midsummer diving off Skye coast. Crystal clear water, lobsters and scallops picked and cooked fresh from the sea. And a fisherman gave us a bottle of malt and a huge salmon for retrieving an anchor and untangling his prop.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

pinno said:

rjsterry said:

Very little foam, just sediment. It's not called Weston super Mud for nothing.
    I was thinking of the North Sea churning it up.
  • Woohoo, the gods smiled on me this morning. Gave the quill stem screw one last whack before starting on the walk of shame to my local bike shop. Out came the nut and out came the stem. Happiness.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Managed to go for a ride today with my bib shorts inside out. Which fool came up with the idea of black pads.
  • Yes Officer, that one. Excuse me sir ....
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Was that the time you forgot to put yours on.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    webboo said:

Managed to go for a ride today with my bib shorts inside out. Which fool came up with the idea of black pads.

Presumably the sort of fool to have censored fungus? 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

webboo said:

Presumably the sort of fool to have censored fungus? 😉
    Oh no, not that thread.
  • pinno

Woohoo, the gods smiled on me this morning. Gave the quill stem screw one last whack before starting on the walk of shame to my local bike shop. Out came the nut and out came the stem. Happiness.

For seized things, soak for 12 hours with this:

It's the dog's danglies.
  • pinno
    Edit: WD40 is shyte. 'WD' - water dispersal. Designed for dodgy ignition systems in the 70's. Some may remember the Marigold glove hack for Mini dizzy caps.