• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    pinno said:

They make Japan Superdry... in China.

British company innit
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,916

Superdry! Those phuckers don't just sell waterproofs 🤬

Yep, it just doesn't seem right they sell things you could get super wet in.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,916
    Mind you I've seen people wearing Patagonia threads walking around the UK! Have they ever stepped foot in in Argentina or Chile?

No, no they haven't.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088

pinno said:

They make Japan Superdry... in China.

British company innit
    Like Dyson shifting production to China.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited August 2023
    ...and Boots shifting HQ to Switzerland as a tax loophole.
  • pinno said:

Cvnts don't sell a single wellie - ask me how I know
  • pinno

pinno said:

Cvnts don't sell a single wellie - ask me how I know
    How do you know?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:
    It's not really a 'second home', it's a second shack.
  • pinno
    ...soz BT, can't help it.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,668
    Dog owners. Especially ones in Pembrokeshire. It seems that the National Coastal path is just there for their pooches to sh!t. Everywhere we went, the first 400m of path from the carparks is just dotted with Fido's fetid faeces. It's disgusting!
    If I had my way I'd get the owners to shoot their beloved hound themselves before I took the gun and pop a cap in their ass. Either that or to go to the carpark and take a massive sh!t between the cars myself.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,694
    Dog owners are like Arsene Wenger. If there's fouling, they didn't see it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Shoot the owners, not the dogs
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154

Dog owners. Especially ones in Pembrokeshire. It seems that the National Coastal path is just there for their pooches to sh!t. Everywhere we went, the first 400m of path from the carparks is just dotted with Fido's fetid faeces. It's disgusting!
    If I had my way I'd get the owners to shoot their beloved hound themselves before I took the gun and pop a cap in their censored . Either that or to go to the carpark and take a massive sh!t between the cars myself.

I suspect the owners aren't from Pembrokeshire, especially at this time of year. That said, the farm track I walk my dogs down is covered in sh*t from other people's dogs and they will all be local. I'm pretty sure I know who one of the offenders is but have never caught them in the act. It pisses off on two levels - one as I might tread in it myself and two as other people may think my dogs are responsible for it as I walk down there regularly. I've thought about clearing it up but that would probably just encourage them (I have done a few times where there has been some on the pavements before the lanes though).
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,668
    Pross said:

If I had my way I'd get the owners to shoot their beloved hound themselves before I took the gun and pop a cap in their censored . Either that or to go to the carpark and take a massive sh!t between the cars myself.

I suspect the owners aren't from Pembrokeshire, especially at this time of year. That said, the farm track I walk my dogs down is covered in sh*t from other people's dogs and they will all be local. I'm pretty sure I know who one of the offenders is but have never caught them in the act. It pisses off on two levels - one as I might tread in it myself and two as other people may think my dogs are responsible for it as I walk down there regularly. I've thought about clearing it up but that would probably just encourage them (I have done a few times where there has been some on the pavements before the lanes though).

I'm going to do this next time!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/dog-poo-being-painted-pink-23414439

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Pross said:

I don't see how it can encourage them when it's already happening.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154

Pross said:

I don't see how it can encourage them when it's already happening.
    I suppose I was thinking more that I don't want them having the satisfaction that someone is clearing it up for them which they might see as justification in their own selfish world.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:
    It's not really a 'second home', it's a second shack.
    What, his main home is a shack as well? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Dog owners are like Arsene Wenger. If there's fouling, they didn't see it.

The UK Brexit negotiation team should have hired Arsene Wenger. He got Arsenal out of Europe pronto every year without even voting.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,527
    Stevo_666 said:

Wouldn't be surprised, and I've had to make an official declaration that it is a résidence secondaire, though that particular tax is currently only about £150 a year, so it won't break the bank. As you probably know, French taxes are heavily weighted to income, rather than property, which is one of the reasons small businesses have been somewhat disincentivised here, in comparison to the UK, especially when salaried employees often have generous allowances and protections.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Wouldn't be surprised, and I've had to make an official declaration that it is a résidence secondaire, though that particular tax is currently only about £150 a year, so it won't break the bank. As you probably know, French taxes are heavily weighted to income, rather than property, which is one of the reasons small businesses have been somewhat disincentivised here, in comparison to the UK, especially when salaried employees often have generous allowances and protections.
    Not as bad as it sounded then. Given France imposes a wealth tax it didn't sound great, and in my professional life any brush with France and taxes is usually expensive.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,527
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not as bad as it sounded then. Given France imposes a wealth tax it didn't sound great, and in my professional life any brush with France and taxes is usually expensive.

There are two local taxes, the taxe foncière, and the taxe d'habitation, and I think this only affects the Td'H. (And to correct @pinno, it's not a shack, it's a hovel. But anyone who spends more time in the house than outside here needs their head looking at, so I don't care too much.)

Though I think this Td'H applies even to French folk, though it's quite possible I've misunderstood. If it's only non-EU (or non-French) that it'll affect, then the commune would gain all of, ooh, about £90 from applying it here. That'd be me.

The tax on capital gains for furriners has never been kind, but I knew that when I bought the place. And, TBH, I don't mind the French State trying to rig the market a bit in favour of French people who would like to buy a house to actually live in.
  • Not being in the moment (rushed, too busy, thinking about something else...) for whatever reason and making stupid decisions.
  • Not being in the moment (rushed, too busy, thinking about something else...) for whatever reason and making stupid decisions.

Is this what happens to cause your strings of 5 or 6 esoteric forum posts?

Is this what happens to cause your strings of 5 or 6 esoteric forum posts?
    Ummm, yep, probably...

That reminds me UAP's and the Nimitz...
  • The Universe is like MASSIVE.
  • It's expanding as well.
  • Earth is 4.5 odd billion years old and the Universe is 13.7 billion odd years.