Crudcatcher Ride - Snowdon!!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Chaaaaps.. Its time to arrange something for the next Crudcatcher Ride!

Who would be interested in a trip up/down Snowdon??
Provisional date of around 5th April and camping over the weekend.

I've been wanting to do it for ages, have a 'event' on the olde facebook for a few locals but this should def be a crudder.

Thoughts?

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'd be interested.

Around the 5th would be the weekend after I finish placements too so be a nice break before revisions start again...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Last time I was on Snowdon in April there was 14" of packed snow on the summit and it was still falling.

That'd make your ride interesting!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • hehe... We shall see, I'm more looking at the voluntary MTB ban (starts 1st May) so as late as possible would be best I think!

April this year - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMGcFPHxTCg
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I'd be game
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It would ruin my perception of what you all look like, especially if gorilla boy is a skinny little runt, and Yeehaa isn't actually a midget troll.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I'm a provisional yes.
    I'll bring my clip on beard and some SPD sandals
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I'm a provisional yes.
    I'll bring my clip on beard and some SPD sandals

didn't shimano actually make spd sandals a while back?

but i'm in :)
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Count me in.

Will there be a nice wooden yurt or wigwam, so that I can Glamp whilst the rest of you try to sleep in flimsy, cold, damp, windy tents?
  • Our tent at GT was a fkn palace and you KNOW it!

I'm only going if Richie is going because I know we can rely on him to throw an entire warehouse worth of camping gear in the disco ;)

Plus he can make us paella again. Om nom nom
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136

That's reason to go on its own...

Sounds good, i'm there, maybe do Coedy and/or mach as well?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • welshkev
    pilch wrote:

That's reason to go on its own...

Sounds good, i'm there, maybe do Coedy and/or mach as well?

if we stay somewhere in bettws y coed we're about 20 mins from snowdon and 20 mins from penmachno? and there's a good pub in town as well :D
  • pesky_jones
    how would one who doesn't drive get to said destination? is there nearby train stations as i could probally get cheap tickets if i book now?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I'm a maybe as it sounds like Easter which means I'll probably be on holiday with the current Mrs Gazlar, But I shall see. If you want to stay in betws but want to take the weather element out of camping try Mark at the Vagabond bunkhouse, was about 20 note pp with breakfast and he's a top top host
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    http://www.thevagabond.co.uk/

i've camped here in the past - only about 10 mins from the marin trail if we were that bored :lol:

http://www.hafodfarm.co.uk/home.html
  • welshkev
    MTB_TR wrote:
    how would one who doesn't drive get to said destination? is there nearby train stations as i could probally get cheap tickets if i book now?

where are you coming from? i'm sure someone would be able to give you a lift? :D
  • pesky_jones
    welshkev wrote:
    MTB_TR wrote:

where are you coming from? i'm sure someone would be able to give you a lift? :D
    Well that would be orsom ! essex ways... seeing how flat it is here im not sure i would be able to cope with the pressure changes!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Would deffo be up for this after missing crudstock this year!!! :D Nice and close for me to travel too which is handy :lol:
  • Can we start a people list then!

Going:
    The Northern Monkey
    Squareflops
    MTB_TR
    welshkev
    Cat With No Tail
    Proutster
    pilch
    lawman

Maybe:
    Angry Bird
    VWsurfbum
    Gazlar

I was thinking about a hostel/bunkhouse, there are loads in the penmancho area with a lot of room... if we booked early we would probably be able to book the whole place at a good price.
    Either that or camping!

eg: http://www.jessejamesbunkhouse.co.uk/ac ... house.html
  • welshkev
    MTB_TR wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    MTB_TR wrote:

Well that would be orsom ! essex ways... seeing how flat it is here im not sure i would be able to cope with the pressure changes!

VW lives in essex, bribe him with some unsavoury acts and he may give you a lift :wink::lol:
  • Put me down for this, I should be up for it. Depends on when Easter falls, but would be good to have a ride in Wales.

Might be worth booking a lodge or something, if breakfast is thrown in as well, then awesome!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pesky_jones
    welshkev wrote:
    VW lives in essex, bribe him with some unsavoury acts and he may give you a lift :wink::lol:

i will hand craft him SPD sandals fit for a king

*mutters* pay for petrol or accomodation if we stay in hostel :wink:
  • welshkev
  • Put me down for this, I should be up for it. Depends on when Easter falls, but would be good to have a ride in Wales.

Might be worth booking a lodge or something, if breakfast is thrown in as well, then awesome!

What am I your biatch?... hmmm :lol:

Going:
    The Northern Monkey
    Squareflops
    MTB_TR
    welshkev
    Cat With No Tail
    Proutster
    pilch
    lawman
    thekickingmule

Maybe:
    Angry Bird
    VWsurfbum
    Gazlar
  • welshkev wrote:

Hmm... tis slightly more than a campsite, so it depends how much people want to pay..

If there is 10 of us (there a 9 confirmed as of now) then that's £31 each for 2 nights.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    MTB_TR wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

SPD Clogandals?
    I can fit two bikes on my car, its the luggage thats the issue, if we keep it light, say riding gear, 1 set of clothes and only 2 clip on beards i recon we should be ok.
    I just need permission as its in-between our aniversary and No1's birthday (i think, i know its april anyway :wink: )
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

Hmm... tis slightly more than a campsite, so it depends how much people want to pay..

If there is 10 of us (there a 9 confirmed as of now) then that's £31 each for 2 nights.

that's not a bad price really, i paid £40 for 2 nights camping at the gower in the summer!
  • welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

that's not a bad price really, i paid £40 for 2 nights camping at the gower in the summer!
    Must have been a fancy campsite.. I've rarely paid over a tenner a night :lol:

I think the fack that it is IN a pub swings it for me though...
  • pesky_jones
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    MTB_TR wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

SPD Clogandals?
    I can fit two bikes on my car, its the luggage thats the issue, if we keep it light, say riding gear, 1 set of clothes and only 2 clip on beards i recon we should be ok.
    I just need permission as its in-between our aniversary and No1's birthday (i think, i know its april anyway :wink: )

Well if you like the look of the pair i made for the last bribe to wales, i can knock up another pair...?
    clogs_zpsa2d6cd27.png
    as for the clip on beards its a shame as i was looking forward to boasting about my vast collection but now i guess you'll just have to take my word for it
  • Hotel / bunkhouse / guesthouse / sheepsteeths mums house etc sounds good to me this time, and it's not like £30 is going to break the bank. I think most people pay significantly more than that for a tyre.