So. October 11th it is...[Look away if you're squeamish]

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't think at 45 - 50+ I'll will be getting enough sex to justify the snip.
    Your wife may feel differently.
    I see another "My wife has a new bloke" thread in the future. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • When kids start arriving in pairs it's time to make permanent arrangements.

Aside from the issues with female contraception described earlier by Msmancuia there is too great a risk of these methods failing. Frankly, and I don't mean to brag, my sperm are far too potent to leave things to chance. I'm not even sure it's wise that we share the same laundry basket.

Someone asked about counselling. Not sure what the process it in England but over here you go to the GP to get referred. The GP asked some basic questions about the stablity of our relationship, age number and gender of our kids etc.

Then prior to making the appointment the surgeon phoned to ask the same questions.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Davisee, If at anytime my other half wants to do it more, I'll be happy to oblige. My sex drive is high and my inhibitions equally low.

WGWarburton, my perspective is fixed. I cannot speak of what will happen in 20 years time but this is a fundamental thing for me so I don't it'll change. I also expect in 20 years time development in contraception to have progressed, be more effective and provide more choice. What, are you saying that there has been no advancements in contraception in the past 20 years?

Tailwind and everyone else, in recent times: 2 - 5, have you ever had contraception fail under normal circumstances?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Davisee, If at anytime my other half wants to do it more, I'll be happy to oblige. My sex drive is high and my inhibitions equally low.

WGWarburton, my perspective is fixed. I cannot speak of what will happen in 20 years time but this is a fundamental thing for me so I don't it'll change. I also expect in 20 years time development in contraception to have progressed, be more effective and provide more choice. What, are you saying that there has been no advancements in contraception in the past 20 years?

Tailwind and everyone else, in recent times: 2 - 5, have you ever had contraception fail under normal circumstances?

Ok - you aren't going to have it done, we get that. But you are failing to understand why others choose to go down that route - everyone's personal family circumstances are different.

And this line
    "It is not for me. It isn't for any of the men in my family"
    is completely incendiary in my opinion. Are you saying that if a man has a vasectomy, then he's no longer a man? What about men who are infertile? Are they not proper men either? To be honest, any man who's prepared to go through an operation like that is more of a man than one who's getting all possessive and testosterony about his sperm.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yes. Not often, but a couple more than I'd like.
    msmancunia wrote:
    And this line
    is completely incendiary in my opinion. Are you saying that if a man has a vasectomy, then he's no longer a man? What about men who are infertile? Are they not proper men either? To be honest, any man who's prepared to go through an operation like that is more of a man than one who's getting all possessive and testosterony about his sperm.
    Indeed. 'Nobody is going to saw off my shotgun' is a bit base isn't it?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    edited September 2012
    msmancunia wrote:
    And this line

He's already said as much.

EDIT: You do realise, DDD, that hormone production - which if anything is the bit that 'makes' you a man - is unaffected by the snip.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yes.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    msmancunia wrote:
    And this line
    This thread is quite funny, old DDD completely defining himself by the amount of sex he can get (most people 'have' it, with willing partners; 'get' has ummmm - connotations... Anyway), and how the very definition of manliness is being able to procreate. Give it 20 years time D, you'll be as active as you are now and no longer desperate to measure yourself by your ability to populate the world. Biologically we have an imperative to reproduce during our 'best years'; by the time you get closer to the age where some of us already are you may well find yourself with a much different attitude.

Shouting others down for being more than willing to give themselves complete sexual freedom and claiming that men who have been there done that (and that, and that, and that too...) and then said 'thanks, that's enough now' are somehow not real men, is churlish. Give it a rest, come back in another 20 years and then tell us how we were right after all.

When Mrs CiB told her gang of lady-pals that I'd had the chop they were to a man [woman I suppose] fully supportive, appreciative and in some ways full of gratitude at me for taking the responsibility onto my own shoulders, and goolies. Not so grateful that they offered a multiple romp to check it all out, but full of praise for it. I reckon that's worth more than someone on a forum banging on about how real men don't, and how we're letting the side down somehow. We've done our bit thanks.
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    And the answer is yes. Led to a complete change of life. I don't want that sort of risk hanging over me if you don't mind.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    CiB wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    And this line
    This thread is quite funny, old DDD completely defining himself by the amount of sex he can get (most people 'have' it, with willing partners; 'get' has ummmm - connotations... Anyway), and how the very definition of manliness is being able to procreate. Give it 20 years time D, you'll be as active as you are now and no longer desperate to measure yourself by your ability to populate the world. Biologically we have an imperative to reproduce during our 'best years'; by the time you get closer to the age where some of us already are you may well find yourself with a much different attitude.

Shouting others down for being more than willing to give themselves complete sexual freedom and claiming that men who have been there done that (and that, and that, and that too...) and then said 'thanks, that's enough now' are somehow not real men, is churlish. Give it a rest, come back in another 20 years and then tell us how we were right after all.

When Mrs CiB told her gang of lady-pals that I'd had the chop they were to a man [woman I suppose] fully supportive, appreciative and in some ways full of gratitude at me for taking the responsibility onto my own shoulders, and goolies. Not so grateful that they offered a multiple romp to check it all out, but full of praise for it. I reckon that's worth more than someone on a forum banging on about how real men don't, and how we're letting the side down somehow. We've done our bit thanks.

*Applauds*
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    CiB wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    And this line

I'm not even sure it'll take 20 years, just for ddd no. 2 to turn up and be a bad sleeper.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    edited September 2012
    msmancunia wrote:
    Ok - you aren't going to have it done, we get that. But you are failing to understand why others choose to go down that route - everyone's personal family circumstances are different.
    I don't see the value in it as a point of practicality and principle. Contraception and the tecnology used to develop it has moved on, its more effective, more reliable and less like to cause reactions than it has ever been. I'll freely admit that I don't understand why guys/women decide to get this done at a time when their physical prowess is only going to diminish.

To give more of a view, as I'm close to someone who deals on the legal side of child custody, divorce etc. The recommendation is not to get this done, certainly not until you are absolutely sure and the irony is that absolutely sure conicides with the age range when fertility reduces and sex drive diminishes. I've not seen many 40year olds+ actually have kids and those that try find often find it difficult, more to the point, those that are that age and fall pregnant are usually surprised and few and far between, getting the snip always came across as a little extreme. IMO. Do remember that my parents are 50 and soon to be 51. There siblings, of which there are 10 (combined) are younger so in the 42 - 47 age bracket, none of them or their friends, or my parents have had the snip or have had unwanted baby surprises. So I am not looking idilisitic without taking onboard second hand but close to me experiences.
    And this line
    is completely incendiary in my opinion. Are you saying that if a man has a vasectomy, then he's no longer a man? What about men who are infertile? Are they not proper men either?

Maybe I'm making the point that the men and not the women in my family have not had this done. Brush your shoulder, there's a chip resting on it.
    To be honest, any man who's prepared to go through an operation like that is more of a man than one who's getting all possessive and testosterony about his sperm.
    Come on you're better than that. The desire, decision or the reluctance to go through that operation has nothing to do with the measure of a man or the worth of a man or even the man's worth to his family. IMO. Equally I don't, have never, will never, ever, need a women to tell me what makes a man more of a man.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • CiB
    msmancunia wrote:
    *Applauds*
    Ta. I was going for another TWH 'good, you grumpy bleeder' award actually. :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    In my limited experience, those who bang on about sex all the time are usually making up for the lack of.

It's the quiet ones in the corner you need to watch out for...
  • DonDaddyD
    CiB wrote:
    We've done our bit thanks.
    Then what you having sex for? :lol:

On a serious note, and a point of curiousity: Do you still have the large vein that runs along the underside of the penis that buldges and swells when erect or have they cut that?
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't, have never, will never, ever, need a women to tell me what makes a man more of a man.
    End of thread, surely.
    Back to the kitchen MsMancunia, you're getting a bit too rowdy for our liking. Ugg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    We've done our bit thanks.
    Then what you having sex for? :lol:

On a serious note, and a point of curiousity: Do you still have the large vein that runs along the underside of the penis that buldges and swells when erect or have they cut that?
    I've just had a look - got a strange look from the girls in Sales mind when they caught me puffing & sweating but it was for scientific purposes; I told them I'd just been on the bike to the sandwich shop - think they fell for it.

Nothing changes externally or visibly. It's one internal pipe; cut, overlap & fix to keep it in place, close. There are no visible signs of it once the nick in the scrotum heals.

The one benefit apparently is that it tastes of chocolate instead. It's worth one try.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    long phrases with too many commas.

Please note the above and bear in mind in the future. Perhaps consider a commasectomy?

Thanks.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • DonDaddyD
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't, have never, will never, ever, need a women to tell me what makes a man more of a man.
    End of thread, surely.
    Back to the kitchen MsMancunia, you're getting a bit too rowdy for our liking. Ugg
    No, don't go back to the kitchen - I'm probably a better cook anyway. :wink:

Just that I don't go about telling women what would make them more of a woman. For me it also works the other way.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:

Do you even know what a vasectomy is?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I don't have kids but I can see that when Mrs EKE and I have as many kids as we want that a permanent type of contraception will be needed. To that end, me getting the snip would be the best (but by no means desirable) option. Every other form of contraception has disadvantages:
    the lack of feel of condoms
    the effect that the hormones in the pill has on fish
    the the effect that the hormones in the pill has on women
    anyone who thinks that using the phases of the moon is an idiot
    a woman getting her tubes tied is a much bigger and more dangerous operation
    lack of efficacy

There again, maybe DDD is right and as soon as he hits 40 his Johnson will fall off through old age and Mrs DDD's
    Lady Garden will be drier than the Atacama Desert due to lack of attention, so no nocturnal gymnastics for them. DDD will turn his attention to comics and Mrs DDD will turn her attention to reading 50 Shades of Grey in an effort to get her jollies.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Do you even know what a vasectomy is?

Judging by the rubbish he's written, I doubt it.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    edited September 2012
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Ad hominem

Yawn.

You know you might have had a point but the start and finish was full of DDD bashing so the point was lost somewhere in the middle.

The thread is fun and a bit of silly, take it for what it is. The OP is going to go through with the 'op' regardless of what is being said by anyone on here, we are sharing our thoughts and no matter how polarising none of those thoughts are actually insulting. There is no reason to take things so seriously or so personally. I assure you, when I log out, go home and play with my son none of this actually matters. You would do well to remember that, or I might have to start calling you 'Rick'.
    Food Chain number = 4

• CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yawn.

You know you might have had a point, but the start and finish was full of DDD bashing so the point was lost somewhere in the middle.
    The point isn't lost, middle or anywhere else. I already said it's an internal pipe that's cut. Do keep up. :)
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    DDD is worried about not meing a man - FFS - he is the one using baby oil as a moisturiser (all over) or cocoa butter - man, heh heh heh !

I don't think he has a clue what's involved. Nothing actually changes after the op other than there are zero swimmers present (after a few months) - everything else is still there (without going into the basics).
  • dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Ad hominem

Yawn.

You know you might have had a point, but the start and finish was full of DDD bashing so the point was lost somewhere in the middle.
    Wouldn't worry, it was the same set of points that everyone else has been mentioning. Stuff about convenience, common sense, consideration. You glossed over them before, no reason to pay attention now.

Me MAN! Rawr!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • If your very squeamish like me. Take my advice and delay it again and again, every year until her periods stop.
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
  • DonDaddyD
    CiB wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yawn.

The point isn't lost, middle or anywhere else. I already said it's an internal pipe that's cut. Do keep up. :)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Here's the ting, I got mine done at the age of 31, just before the birth of my third child. Over the many years my wife and I had been together, we'd neglected to use condoms a grand total of three times. The last time was somewhat less planned than the previous times. Like TWH said, some things are just too darn powerful to be trusted.

On the third pregnancy, my wife suffered a condition called SPD, where her pelvis separated, leaving her in enormous pain and unable to walk without crutches. This condition has the likelihood that it will get worse in subsequent pregnancies.

The op I had was a little simpler than the one posted about above, carried out by Marie Stopes in Leeds (by a frankly stunning, blonde Eastern-European lady - never have I been less interested in stunning, blonde, Eastern-European ladies than in this situation). They cut a tiny hole in the scrotum, brought out the tube that carries the sperm from your nads using a small hook and cauterized it (squeezed it together under heat, so it fused shut). T~hen they popped the tube back in and did the other one. No big hole, no stitches. Went in, got done, popped normal pants on, went to the pub.

Nothing changes, nobody would ever know in any way - everything looks the same, everything works the same. Not the most pleasant way to spend the day, but I would do it again.

Besides, condoms are nasty things, really. The smell, the interruption, the feeling, the disposal. I'm married for life, and I'm more than happy with my decision.

Some people have a funny idea of what it takes to be a man.
  • DonDaddyD
    Here's the ting, I got mine done at the age of 31, just before the birth of my third child. Over the many years my wife and I had been together, we'd neglected to use condoms a grand total of three times. The last time was somewhat less planned than the previous times. Like TWH said, some things are just too darn powerful to be trusted.

On the third pregnancy, my wife suffered a condition called SPD, where her pelvis separated, leaving her in enormous pain and unable to walk without crutches. This condition has the likelihood that it will get worse in subsequent pregnancies.

The op I had was a little simpler than the one posted about above, carried out by Marie Stopes in Leeds (by a frankly stunning, blonde Eastern-European lady - never have I been less interested in stunning, blonde, Eastern-European ladies than in this situation). They cut a tiny hole in the scrotum, brought out the tube that carries the sperm from your nads using a small hook and cauterized it (squeezed it together under heat, so it fused shut). T~hen they popped the tube back in and did the other one. No big hole, no stitches. Went in, got done, popped normal pants on, went to the pub.

Nothing changes, nobody would ever know in any way - everything looks the same, everything works the same. Not the most pleasant way to spend the day, but I would do it again.

Besides, condoms are nasty things, really. The smell, the interruption, the feeling, the disposal. I'm married for life, and I'm more than happy with my decision.

Some people have a funny idea of what it takes to be a man.

OK, 'Serious D' for a moment.

My Mum had a c-section with my brother, lost too much blood, went into coma. I was 12. Ms DDD having a c-section was a nightmare I didn't want her to go through that. She had to. It's what had to be done.

I fully get your circumstances and why you took the decision you took. By the second paragraph I was with you "Yeah, get the snip". By the end of the post I was thinking "Why couldn't she have it done"? Was she willing to have the operation? I know its an easier operation for men but... there's some other stuff I'd right but EKE may try to insult me and my family again.

Lastly, this ecperience may have been a defining moment in your development in becoming or proving yourself a man. However, each of us are tested in various and unique ways according to the circumstances of our own lives. It is not so much that I think I know what it takes to be a man, it is that I believe the measure of a man (or woman) is something that cannot be definitively answered when addressed and discussed sensibly - which is not what I am doing in this thread, mostly I am just having fun.
    Food Chain number = 4