So. October 11th it is...[Look away if you're squeamish]

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    So if you can't use any of those what do yo do?

What happened to Jake?

Does this new guy at least ride a bike?

Can he kill a man with a toothpick like Jake could?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What if she likes condoms "less mess"?

Get a new girlfriend/wife.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Can he kill a man with a toothpick like Jake could?

my Mrs thinks i'm in the SAS

i can get "in and out" without her noticing
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • I think it's prospect of the shaving that I'm least looking forward to.

I may have found the very thing you need. Bullocks Smooth Shaving Cream

cowshed-1474.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I think it's prospect of the shaving that I'm least looking forward to.

I may have found the very thing you need. Bullocks Smooth Shaving Cream

cowshed-1474.jpg
    Is that any good? I've been using a cut throat for a while now and have progressed past the 'looking like a murder victim' stage to the 'not bad and earlobes are overrated anyway' part of it. The cream I got is ok but I suspect there may well be an upgrade path there somewhere. Opinions sought from the hive...

And 11 pages of nonsense about the snip and whether it's manly or not is getting dull.
  • CiB wrote:
    The cream I got is ok but I suspect there may well be an upgrade path there somewhere. Opinions sought from the hive...

Mitchell's Wool Fat and a decent brush. None of this cream nonsense. Champion.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    CiB wrote:
    And 11 pages of nonsense about the snip and whether it's manly or not is getting dull.

I concur.

It would have been much better to have focused on innuendo and mickey taking.

11 days
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • CiB
    I concur.

It would have been much better to have focused on innuendo and mickey taking.

11 days
    I was walking back to the car after taking my first post-op sample to the hospital when m'boss phoned to check on something or other, and asked in passing where I was. Without wanting to go into any detail I just said 'near the hospital', which resulted in gales of laughter down the phone and him informing me (correctly) what I'd been up to not 15 minutes earlier.

Worse was the girl who I handed the first one to an hour before that, who asked how long since it had been produced and then told me that was too long (wife had helped a bit then gone to work...) so could I do another. It's a hard question to answer in anything like a dignified manner - could you pop back home, have a quick one and then come back with it?

11 days eh? 11 days to ponder having your most sensitive bits being shaved, prodded, injected with a v sharp needle whilst a nurse looks on and you aren't even remotely interested in the fact that a different woman is closely involved with your parts, then a bit of hacking, pulling & slicing and a bit of stitching and you're a jaffa. Only 11 days to ponder that? Enjoy those 11 days. :)
  • Anyone doing anything exciting tomorrow?

TWH - does that stand for Testicles Will Hurt?

Good luck bud.
  • tailwindhome
    Apparently it's getting done under general anesthetic (sp?).

Intially I thought that was a good thing, however reading everyone elses account of being awake for it I'm now wondering what sort of hack job they are going to do.

Also on reading the notes which came out there seems to be no mention of shaving.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • CiB
    I'd ask about the shaving before you show up all eager and are turned away. It's mainly to stop them sewing extraneous hair back into the wound, which would probably be a bad thing all things considered.
  • Apparently it's getting done under general anesthetic (sp?).

Intially I thought that was a good thing, however reading everyone elses account of being awake for it I'm now wondering what sort of hack job they are going to do.

Also on reading the notes which came out there seems to be no mention of shaving.....

I'm sure it will be fine.

bishop.jpg

Have you chosen which dress you'll be wearing on Friday? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    It's not too late to get a sample frozen for nostalgia.....
  • .... or for Bird's Eye

But perhaps I shouldn't hint at the pod going pop :shock:
  • tailwindhome
    edited October 2012
    Mrs TWH just off the phone.

She seems to think this is all very funny.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Good luck fella...
    ...hope the surgeon has clean hands. Don't want anything untoward happening down there.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • tailwindhome
    fossyant wrote:
    Now confirmed - I'm up for the chop on the 11th too ! Gulp.

Good luck fella.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Mine was done under general. From the comments on here, its bloody painful they few days afterwards which ever way you go!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    fossyant wrote:
    Now confirmed - I'm up for the chop on the 11th too ! Gulp.

Good luck fella.

You too. Bricking it (well fecking hope he's not using bricks). They only do 'local' at the Medical Practice. The Dr is supposed to be an expert, thank god.

Riding in and out of work tomorrow - appointment not till 3. Wife taking me. I am expecting lots of TLC as I will not be moving about after. (Actually I've got some new bearings arriving this week so plan on fitting them on Friday when everyone is OUT).

Not looking forward to the injection into the sack - despite being injected into my shoulder a few times - now they are BIG needles.
  • fossyant
    I'm the no scalpel, so hoping there is just a tiny single hole !
  • tailwindhome
    fossyant wrote:
    (Actually I've got some new bearings arriving this week.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • fossyant
    fossyant wrote:
    (Actually I've got some new bearings arriving this week.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:twisted:
  • tailwindhome
    Sorry mate. Been a sh1t week and that just made my day.
  • fossyant
    Sorry mate. Been a sh1t week and that just made my day.

No probs. I've got ball ache just thinking about it ! :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    It's still something I couldn't do.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Don't even think of opening that can of worms again, DDD - EVERYONE knows it's something you can't do!

And good luck TWH and Fossyant - I'm sure you'll both be fine, and think what you're doing is v admirable.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • DonDaddyD
    Yeah good luck. When you come back I expect your posts to be in pink.

What's admirable about wanting to get 'bareback on the regs'...
    Food Chain number = 4

• fossyant
    That didn't go too well. Injection ok, cut ok, first one ok, second, feck me. Needed another 2 injections then they bust a blood vessel, so that needed two stitches. Sat on an ice block now. Ouch.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yeah good luck. When you come back I expect your posts to be in pink.

What's admirable about wanting to get 'bareback on the regs'...
    Put a lid on it

Which is something TWH and Fossyant will never need to worry about again
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo