Ride Around London

Comments

• Yep, registration starts at 6 and start times are from 7-8.30am... Not sure what I'll be wearing yet, haven't picked out the outfit! Depends on the weather I suppose... I'll let you know closer to the time so you might be able to spot me... Will also send you a PM with my number....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I'm down to ride this. But I've just been given chance to sort some trainign out which is hard to turn down. I'll know ifI'm able to make it tonight.

Am registered n stuff so hopefullyI'll be init
  • Weather's looking like it's going to be nice!

Thank God! Imagine if it was last Sunday!

Thank God! Imagine if it was last Sunday!

I don't think I'll bother if it's like that.... I can't imagine doing 115-120 miles in p*ssing rain all day...
  • I should get to registration about 7.45am if anyone is still around then?

doing it with a couple of mates. One string rider, one not so strong rider (I'm in the middle). Would be glad to have a BR convoy going if people are up for it. Say 12mph (not including cake stops?)
  • I've perhaps foolishly agreed to be there at 6:30 for an early set off. I've just realised I'll look like a liquorish allsort as all my gear at the moment seems to be black or white. I'll be on the no decal, gloss black Equilibrium. Do say hi if you spot me.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I'll be decked in Cycling club Hackney Kit. I think we'll bringing our own peloton along for this!

Say hi to the dude on the black and white Felt

doing it with a couple of mates. One string rider, one not so strong rider (I'm in the middle). Would be glad to have a BR convoy going if people are up for it. Say 12mph (not including cake stops?)

Sounds good but 12 mph?! Surely we could walk it faster than that!

Sounds good but 12 mph?! Surely we could walk it faster than that!

I'm just hedging my bets... I reckon 15mph avg. with stops, chat and general farting around.
  • Right it now appears I'm around this weekend, but hadn't previously expected to be. I can register on the morning... but with a longest ride this year of 65 miles... how achievable is 115? (And how realistic is getting up at 5 to be at ED for 6?)
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • I've just called and changed my start location to Windsor! Will do 30 miles in the Surrey Hills beforehand to make up for it but was going to be a mega-faff getting to Herne Hill for so early in the morning. Will ride back from Lea Valley too to make a 120 mile day (or at least from Liverpool St). Don't fancy Edmonton too much.
  • Herne hill is easy. It's just an achievability thing for me.
  • you'll be fine. Just take it nice and slow. The food stops are pretty frequent so you can always stop for 20 minutes each pit stop and stretch it out.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Have fun guys.

Shame I can't head out with you lot!
  • Right it now appears I'm around this weekend, but hadn't previously expected to be. I can register on the morning... but with a longest ride this year of 65 miles... how achievable is 115? (And how realistic is getting up at 5 to be at ED for 6?)

Never in my life have I ridden more than 60 miles in one go, but doing an imperial century was one of my goals for this year. For one reason or another I've been unable to do rides on Saturdays or Sundays up until now and so I thought I would grab this last chance. I'm mildly nervous, but I feel strong and I know I have the mental capacity to keep going, so barring a mechanical or an accident, I'm sure I can make it. I'm even aiming to be close to seven hours, but we shall see how close I get to that.

Go for it!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Herne hill is easy. It's just an achievability thing for me.
    This.

Still, I'm leaning toward being there and giving the full distance a go.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    My group will realistically make 14mph average. That makes for an 8 hour ride including stops, which I hope will be minimal otherwise we'll edge down to 12mph. Starting at 7 (hopefully) means we'll finish at 3 and still have plenty of time to get home before it gets dark.

As before I'll be on the white and black Fuji in Kingston Wheelers gear, rider 194. We should be at HH by 6:30. I'm more than happy for a few BR's to join our gang and then either peel off the front if its too slow or stick with us.

@dhope and cyclingprop: I'll keep an eye out for you at the start.

@Johny_T and Rebs, will have to rely on you seeing me/us as I have no idea what you look like!

BTW, I've split the GPX course into 4 manageable files between each feed station. Otherwise my Garmin would have serious issues processing it. PM me your email if you want me to send you them.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • As I've been able to get back onto the bike this week and commute in, I'm going to stick to my guns and attempt the full distance, there's a few places I can easily bail out if the collarbone gives me too much jip!

Say hi if you spy a bloke on a white hub geared genesis.
    Marmalade
  • Sod it I'm (probably) in. WR - ill pm you my email, would appreciate the files. And if you don't mind a Tagalong for a bit...?

I'll be the rugby shaped thing on a Madone.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Sod it I'm (probably) in. WR - ill pm you my email, would appreciate the files. And if you don't mind a Tagalong for a bit...?

I'll be the rugby shaped thing on a Madone.
    Sent. Will keep an eye out for you and you're more than welcome to tag along.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Cheers :).
  • Have fun all!

Just remember, I'm all black and white. My mate will be on a white BMC of some description.

Last one across the line is a DDD!
  • Have fun all!

Just remember, I'm all black and white. My mate will be on a white BMC of some description.

Like a minstrel?
  • Have fun all!

Like a minstrel?

Yes, but a slightly more PC version.
  • I'll probably aim for 18 or so average speed...anyone else aiming at that want to join me?
  • I'm starting at Windsor, getting there for 9am so will presumably set off at 9.30am. If that means you're coming through Windsor around that time HH then I'll be aiming for that too (not including stops obviously) or maybe just under.

I'm on a black carbon Dolan, campag naturally.
    Blue LS rapha jersey. white helmet.
    about 6'2"
  • I'm starting at Windsor, getting there for 9am so will presumably set off at 9.30am. If that means you're coming through Windsor around that time HH then I'll be aiming for that too (not including stops obviously) or maybe just under.

about 6'2"
    Ok I'll look out for you. I'll be on a 2007 focus Cayo, haven't decided what I'm wearing yet, will post later...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I'm starting at Windsor, getting there for 9am so will presumably set off at 9.30am. If that means you're coming through Windsor around that time HH then I'll be aiming for that too (not including stops obviously) or maybe just under.

about 6'2"
    Ok I'll look out for you. I'll be on a 2007 focus Cayo, haven't decided what I'm wearing yet, will post later...
    Will aim to get there around the time WR and CP are there, i.e. 7am. What time are you starting HH?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Ps just washed the Madone. Rains on the way boys.