Vuelta Stage 3 *Spoiler*

1234568»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,165
    Contador has pretty serious health problems that need to be kept in check, related to his brain. No one would mess with drugs with that hanging over them.

I've heard people use the same argument to defend Armstrong.

Just an fyi, cancer is different to issues related to the brain
    Just an fyi, you're not a doctor.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I think this thread has gone on long enough. Time for stage 4.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840

And with all the drug induced performances we know about and have seen you have got to be completely cuckoo to think Contador was doped yday. If so, you are clueless to what a doping performance .

That's kind of the point, his attacks would of stuck pre ban. As I said I'll wait and see with bernie
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952
    Contador has pretty serious health problems that need to be kept in check, related to his brain. No one would mess with drugs with that hanging over them.

I've heard people use the same argument to defend Armstrong.

Just an fyi, cancer is different to issues related to the brain

As far as I remember, Armstrong had tumours removed from his brain as well. I think your argument is on a slippery slope there Frenchie.

Many years ago I read an article which quoted a survey of US college level athletes who were asked a simple question. If you could take a drug which would guarantee an Olympic gold, would be 100% undetectable but would result in a premature death would you take it.

A scary % said yes

While this is a worse than useless anecdote with no source other than my aging memory the key point is that elite athletes don't always think the way you or I would.

That's why they're riding GTs and we're on t'net.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    NVM can't post Properly on my phone
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

Except ironically as one example - Contador, who has and maybe still does.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Paulie W wrote:
    What was interesting for me on this stage was that Sky didn't adopt the same tactics here as they did on the not dissimilar stage 8 of the TdF. At the Tour they shelled almost the entire field on the Cat 1 MTF by setting a high tempo. Here it looked like they might do the same coming into the climb (and intermittently during the climb Henao or Uran did come to the front) but they either were unable to adopt such a tactic or chose not to, instead leaving Froome to follow the attacks (which he did).

Possibly due to 1)its day 3. fresh legs throughout. 2)short-ish climb.
    Time will tell.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story