Olympic Mens TT, Wednesday

Comments

• PeteMadoc wrote:
    Coach H wrote:
    wiggo - going past Shacklegate Lane at Waldegrave Road

8DGQN.jpg

Is he quicker on this bike or his Graal?

Obviously the Secret Squirels non't believe in all these conceled brakes, cables out of primary airflow etc!

That is a cracking photo!!!

I heard that Wiggins didn't sleep a wink last night worrying about is brakes being in front of the fork.

Thanks mate, Nikon D60 and my Dad's old manual focus sigma 70-300. Pic is straight out of the camera but for a little crop.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    TBF, the events that frame was designed for don't have brakes or cables.

Then how quick would it be on the road if it had all the current marketing / technology? :roll:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    MrTapir wrote:
    is this a better year than Roche's triple crown year?

No

Ok - how do you rate it in the best single year's performance league table I have just invented?

Dunno. Don't have the knowledge.

But

Giro + Worlds > Dauphine+ Paris Nice+ Olympics.

No?

What about if you add Le Tour in there?

Le Tour would be on both sides of the equation so make no difference

Ah silly me, shows how much I know. In that case I would think that Roche edged it just.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    iainf72 wrote:

hey, I'm straight, and a man, and I know that the fact that my forum handle may make me sound a little gay... .

There I was thinking you were a "bear"

:P

we'll, I'm built more for rugby than cycling - so I tell myself I could have been the perfect track sprinter if only I hadn't discovered beer and pizza!!

Hah!! Snap. :)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    NervexProf wrote:
    Bradley Wiggins time over course (in old money) 32.381mph - now that is impressive.

That's faster than the Schleck brothers on a descent :lol:
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    wiggo - going past Shacklegate Lane at Waldegrave Road

8DGQN.jpg

Nice shots, specially this one...thanks for sharing.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I don't get teh impression Wiggins will want to stop and soak it up.

He must have a little niggle to want to have another crack at the Veulta no? Worlds Road Race is surely out of reach but a rainbow TT jersey is up for grabs....
  • rockmount wrote:
    Nice shots, specially this one...thanks for sharing.

album here with a few more - http://imgur.com/a/JHtTt#RnYFX
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I bet LLS and Cavendish have the same feeling today. THat being "oh noes, not again"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    I bet LLS and Cavendish have the same feeling today. THat being "oh noes, not again"

Kinda wanted Wiggins to fly past LLS with 50m to go ala TdF.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    album here with a few more - http://imgur.com/a/JHtTt#RnYFX

Did Gilbert's skinsuit come undone?

FGOomh.jpg

And the Big T's legs are insane.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    tumblr_m835rbxgEQ1ropreyo1_500.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • wiggo - going past Shacklegate Lane at Waldegrave Road

8DGQN.jpg

Love the Target's on the head-tube & his lid...KTF Bradley
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    dsoutar wrote:
    [Phinney

I understand your sentiment but I just get the feeling that he's promised a lot and not managed to live up to expectations. Certainly plenty of time to change that but there's no obvious sign of that happening.
    Now I seem to remember those sentiments 20 years ago with some Texan.
    Phinney just needs to have a bit of Cancer removed and the Magic will also occur to him, perhaps. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • And now a message from our sponsors!
    487076_10151052784548718_592608897_n.jpg
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    What a ride!

I'm off to the bookies to put my house on Wiggins for SPOTY now
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited August 2012
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    What a ride!

The odds will be terrible though - if you bet your house, you'll probably only win a dozen bricks and a doorbell.

Ladbrokes are already paying out: http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/olympic ... 12234.html
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    curses lol

ah well time to think of another plan to make my millions
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I bet you would have got good odds on 2 Brits on the podium at the Tour and then the Olympics if you'd tried at the beginning of the year.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    What the wounded soldiers had to say:

Cancellara: “I’m satisfied, I gave everything I could. That’s what counts at the OG. I’m unbelievably proud of my performance“.

Martin: “The Silver makes up for everything. It shines almost as much as Gold. After so much bad luck and pain it was a great conclusion for me at the OG, and after my recent problems it has the value of a victory. Today I’m a very happy person”

7692810426_3cb2bb3a32.jpg

I didn’t see the event but because of his injury Martin apparently had problems, and thus lost a little time, when riding out the saddle - when on the small rises and when accelerating out of curves - presumably because of the pulling.
  • Wonder if Wiggle will try selling thrones in the near future – the ultimate in mamil home furnishings, ideal for post-turbo recovery.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Ah chapeaux etc.

I want to like him but I can't.

Bloody fast though.

Time to let it go. You're missing out.
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Well done to Wiggins and Froome. Excellent rides.

Does anyone know, despite all the furore over branding even down to people's t-shirts in the olympic park, how all the bikes in the Road Race and time trial were able to compete with the manufacturers names emblazoned on the downtubes? I don't have any issues with it - just curious thats all.
  • chrisga wrote:
    Well done to Wiggins and Froome. Excellent rides.

Does anyone know, despite all the furore over branding even down to people's t-shirts in the olympic park, how all the bikes in the Road Race and time trial were able to compete with the manufacturers names emblazoned on the downtubes? I don't have any issues with it - just curious thats all.

I think they get away with it because a bike will be classed as a piece of technical equipment and as such can have a non Olympic partner logo on it.

Come the track and field events we will see many athletes wearing Nike footwear despite Adidas been an official Olympic partner, Nike footwear when competing will be classed as technical equipment. Although saying that an athlete running in a pair of Nikes and wins a medal wont be allowed to wear a pair of Nikes on the podium because on the podium there just classed as a pair of trainers and not technical equipment, same goes for wearing non Olympic partners logos within the Olympic park. If it falls under technical equipment the non Olympic partner logo can be shown, if not it can't.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    RichN95 wrote:
    tumblr_m835rbxgEQ1ropreyo1_500.jpg

The new Jimmy Saville, now then now then
    Peter
  • weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    I was surprised to see that Wiggo's bike was a lot more basic in design than some other production TT rigs, for instance a simple headtube rather than a nosecone that several other models have, exposed front and rear brakes. Just goes to show how much these features are all about marketing when they make sod all difference if you have the engine!
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    What a ride!

The odds will be terrible though - if you bet your house, you'll probably only win a dozen bricks and a doorbell.

Ladbrokes are already paying out: http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/olympic ... 12234.html

I got on this at 10-1 in June... just upset now that I only punted a fiver!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Ah chapeaux etc.

I want to like him but I can't.

Bloody fast though.

Time to let it go. You're missing out.

If ya don't like him ya don't like him.

I'm not particularly British or patriotic so I don't feel the same affinity.

With sports I know nothing about it's easier to get behind the Brits since they're the only people you end up knowing much about.

But with cycling, I've watched it for so long now that I kinda see beyond all that.