Olympic RR *SPOILERS*

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    The germans have to chip in soon as the bunch is still tempo. Can see Gibert figuring now or nibali they will blow. Sagan gambling on GB and Germany, could be a wild sprint with not much lead out and Cav and Sagan are best at those. Think Stannard and Wiggo will have a bit left at end.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Bauer and Fugslang in that group too
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 3.48 from the leader to the front of the peloton?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    kanto wrote:
    Eurosport coverage is due to start in about 30 mins, so I think I will switch over. Hopefully Kelly will be commentating,
    same here... the blatent dumbed down jingoism is doing my head in..
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    dw300 wrote:
    Hugh Porter hypothesising a Cav attack?!

I lol'd pretty hard at that!

Is he doing this for the benefit of those who never watch cycling just to keep the interest, or is he always this useless?
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • frenchfighter
    Break:
    Jurgen Roelandts (Belgium), Marco Pinotti (Italy), Fumiyuki Beppu (Japan), Denis Menchov (Russia), Stuart O’Grady (Australia), Tim Duggan (USA), Lieuwe Westra (Netherlands), Jonathan Castroviejo (Spain), Janez Brajkovic (Slovenia), Michael Schar (Switzerland) and Alexander Kristoff (Norway)

Chasers: Philippe Gilbert (Belgium), Vincenzo Nibali (Italy), Gregory Rast (Switzerland), Andriy Grivko (Ukraine), Niki Terpstra (Netherlands), Luca Paolini (Italy), Sylvain Chavanel (France), Jack Bauer (New Zealand), Jakob Fuglsang (Denmark), Roman Kreuziger (Czech Republic) at 3:32

Peloton at 3:50
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    LOL!

Wiggins hits the front and now the whole GB team is 50m clear of the peloton.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    edited July 2012
    LOL!

French what coverage are you watching, I'm only seeing the front and pursuers? You keep reporting things which I can't see on screen :shock:
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2012
    JGSI wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    Eurosport coverage is due to start in about 30 mins, so I think I will switch over. Hopefully Kelly will be commentating,
    same here... the blatent dumbed down jingoism is doing my head in..
    That's the BBC for you. The Daily Mail of sports coverage – very hard to watch sport just for the sake of good performances if there's another event taking place that has a GB athlete in it.
  • Le Commentateur
    edited July 2012
    Carl_P wrote:
    dw300 wrote:
    Hugh Porter hypothesising a Cav attack?!

I lol'd pretty hard at that!

Is he doing this for the benefit of those who never watch cycling just to keep the interest, or is he always this useless?
    I wonder if Hugh ever watches road racing away from these occasional commentary jobs. And he'll be worse tomorrow...
  • frenchfighter
    kanto wrote:
    LOL!

French what coverage are you watching, I'm only seeing the front and pursuers? You keep reporting things which I can't see on screen :shock:

Just watching here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_three/watchlive
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Roelandts has stopped racing in the front group, waiting for Gilbert
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Porter is Mr Magoo in disguise.....Gilbert about 2 foot away and he says Boonen's looking good here. :roll:
  • carl_p
    On Eurosport at 2:15. I'll be switching over.
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape

• frenchfighter
    Boom not Terpstra in the 2nd group.

Come on ze Germans. Four man cant ride down 10
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    edited July 2012
    I think if Cav was having a top day, these secondary attacks wouldn't be happening but GB are having to soft pedal a bit too much than they would ideally like.

Right, off to the pub to watch Eurosport.
  • kanto
    Carl_P wrote:
    On Eurosport at 2:15. I'll be switching over.

Yep, credit to BBC for their extensive coverage (full) which has been a nice warmup, but much prefer the coverage and commentators on Eurosport.

Is Hugh Porter a good commentator for track? Never really watched the track cycling, but wondered how he manages on that
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    On the Eurosport front, I see I have only 2 feeds Br Euro.. no standard Eurosport..
    I assume have been 'had' yet again with my Player subscription.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Boom not Terpstra in the 2nd group.

Come on ze Germans. Four man cant ride down 10

Time for some theatrical waving of hands and shrugging of shoulders
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Le Commentateur
    I think if Cav was having a top day, these secondary attacks wouldn't be happening but GB are having to soft pedal a bit too much than they would ideally like.
    Yep, too much happening for GB to be totally in control.
  • frenchfighter
    1.56 to the Gilbert group and 2.20 to the peloton
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    Is it me, or has Hugh completely misread this?

He keeps saying that the Nibali group is going to join the first group...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I want my avatar to win tbh.

It usually does :)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Gilbert being used to try and wear out team GB.

Wiggins looks like he's out on a club ride, so strong.

GB doing a good job, but can they keep this up in the final couple of loops?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • kanto
    Is it me, or has Hugh completely misread this?

He keeps saying that the Nibali group is going to join the first group...

Yeah, he has got it mixed up. Much wider gap than that, almost 2 minutes, and only a tiny gap from the second group to the peloton.
  • carl_p
    Wiggo looking majestic on the front.
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733

Right, off to the pub to watch Eurosport.
    They know what theyre doing nothing to do with CAv not being on top day, all the others have to try desperate measures to win.
  • Le Commentateur
    It'll be back together in a couple of laps.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    surprised wiggo is burning energy on the front with much of the race to come...any thoughts?
  • disgruntledgoat
    Boardman has the right of this, GB still got everyone on the front after 150km. Things can't be so bad.

@gietvangent