Olympic RR/TT/TRACK Cycling.. (may contain spoilers)

12345679»

Comments

• suzyb wrote:
    And now the Chinese women have been relegated :shock:

Karma.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Anna Mears looks like a dinner lady.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    the lads smashed that
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    the lads smashed that

they certainly did

:shock:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Ha, I'm about to commute home having just watched them smash it. Oh dear!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952
    Greg66 wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

Karma.

How so?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Greg66 wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

Karma.

How so?

They were the only team to dare to challenge our supremacy in the heats.

Then we went out.

Only fair* that they go out too.

* I use "fair" in particularly one-eyed partisan sense here, much as I used "karma".
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ok... so why were they just relegated while we were disqualified? Or did I miss something?
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,811
    ok... so why were they just relegated while we were disqualified? Or did I miss something?

DQ'd.

Chinese too.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    ok... so why were they just relegated while we were disqualified? Or did I miss something?

DQ'd.

Chinese too.
    Same sanction. Both DQ'd from the race where the infraction occurred. Sadly that meant GB didn't qualify for a medal ride whereas the Chinese 'just' lost the gold medal ride
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Makes a mockery of the whole thing, since neither the GB or Chinese teams' opponents were anywhere close to their times...... a better thought process, since its the commisar's discretion, would have been that these minor technical infringements had no impact on the outcomes - 8" is about 0.01secs - so let them stand and let the two fastest teams in the world battle it out...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • rubertoe
    Clancy, Thomas, Burke, Kennaugh - Take a bow

Nothing better than smashing the Aussies.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    rubertoe wrote:
    Nothing better than smashing the Aussies.

Plus one.

One of my Aussie friends was telling me how a commentator was loving Varnish & Pendleton being relegated yesterday. Bet the smile's been wiped off his face now.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Plus many
  • tailwindhome
    Big gamble there Vicky

Just about paid off...
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    it's a win whether it's by a km or a mm
  • rubertoe
    Paul E wrote:
    it's a win whether it's by a km or a mm

^This^

A win is a win is a win.

• tailwindhome
    629276997.jpg?key=564300&Expires=1344077836&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=f7Vz2oel1va5w~HWsDpGq84We~f5taThB~CguXrnOxBo5Gb3QGzYMH2X82BnQRkHSDf74WHpuk1wBW5JeOS7Sx6kKT1-hVDhTdvxiDR~df7W3IIlmJ22gbXmgSxao0lexZfyatPX0bJ5RhDz5oCGEzeh18fh-GxHykUdTJQuoHE_
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Laura Trott, Dani King and Joanna Rowsell; queens of the velodrome! Amazing riding by the trio.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • tailwindhome
    Just a thought.

If Hoy does better than 2 bronzes he will become British Olympian Top Dog.

And so it came to pass.
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    <Moan>

I really don't get Vicky Pendleton. Why did she continue to race until now because clearly she didn't want to. Every interview she's done she's made it quite clear she can't wait to give up cycling. It appears to me that after her DQ in the first race in the final her heart wasn't in it for the second race.

In the post race interview she didn't really seem bothered about losing the final either just that "finally" that was her done with cycling.

Honestly, why did British cycling bother putting her in for these events? If she didn't want to why did she do it? Surely there was someone who wanted to be there and who would have benefited (both themselves and british cycling) from being there.

</Moan>

Admittedly i'm sure neither Ms Penleton, British Cycling or Most of the users of this forum really care what I think but either way I had to get it off my chest. done.
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)