The Northern Ireland Thread. *Warning* May include cake

Comments

• High 5 Race Packs are £7 in Wiggle at the minute!
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    dw300 wrote:

Anyone know do you get the contents of the goodie bag at the start or after?

Its at the bottom of the page and I would say they are giving these out at registration

http://www.chainreactionhub.com/giro-20114/1251-the-chain-reaction-cycles-big-italian-bike-ride
  • At the Causeway Coast Sportive the CRC goodie bags were given out after you finished.
  • Step_7
    Step_7 Posts: 38
    They state that the timing chip is part if the goody bag so I'd expect it to be given out at registration - hopefully that can be done the night before.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Yeh true. Someone in the know find out please!
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    A trial run-out with Phoenix today, in what was thoroughly miserable conditions. Enjoyed it, will be back.
  • dw300
    A trial run-out with Phoenix today, in what was thoroughly miserable conditions. Enjoyed it, will be back.

Cool!

But remember, don't post after midnight or NeXXus turns into a Gremlin..
    Bike Radar Strava Club
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    :shock:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • A trial run-out with Phoenix today, in what was thoroughly miserable conditions. Enjoyed it, will be back.

Which group did you go with? Yes, terrible weather. Drenched. Got out for a quick 30 miler on the good bike on Sunday morning to make up for it!
  • MisterMuncher
    Out with the B2. I thin the C might have broken my will, and whilst not too worried about my pace/endurance, my bunch riding skills wouldn't be up to anything faster just yet.
  • I started with the B2s last year as well. Good group to start with. A lot of very experienced guys - Barney, Zulle, Cormac, etc. They're not shy about shouting at you if you do something stupid!
  • Step_7
    Step_7 Posts: 38
    dw300 wrote:

All the info you could want is now on the Chain Reastion site:

http://www.chainreactionhub.com/giro-20114/1321-bibr-faqs

:D
  • dw300
    Step_7 wrote:
    dw300 wrote:

All the info you could want is now on the Chain Reastion site:

http://www.chainreactionhub.com/giro-20114/1321-bibr-faqs

:D

Cheers bud.
    Bike Radar Strava Club
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    edited April 2014
    16 is a peach. "If yer late we have your money and don't care anymore" :lol:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • dw300
    Yeh.

There have been a few changes, mainly that its a pizza party and not a pasta party the day before. Did nutritional info change since i last read up on it?

Seems like registering the day before is pretty much a must. I dont fancy the co-ordinational challenge of cable tying things to my bike at 7am.
    Bike Radar Strava Club
  • MisterMuncher
    Almost certainly working the day before, and live less than 50 miles away, so I might well be snookered here. I wonder if they'd be sufficiently kind to let my mate register for me.
  • Don't see why not. All he will need is the registration email, and your CI licence if you have one. They're not going to know that it's not you.
  • LIDL have cycling stuff on Thursday. Including stands and chain cleaners.
  • madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    Everyone all set for Sunday. Was given a start time of between 7am & 7.20am, just going to cycle down to it. Decent warm up!

I'm number 121

What's the craic with traffic lights especially the likes of the Antrim Road & Shore Road going to get a bit annoying if all 1000 of us have to stop at the lights. Do you reckon police will be about waving us through?
  • paul_mck
    paul_mck Posts: 1,058
    likely have marshalls just to hold the traffic back. the phoenix sportive had at least one motorbike guy who would hold traffic at junctions/roundabouts etc for the big groups.
  • madden2011
    That would make sense.

I got caught up in that Phoenix sportive on Sunday from Kilroot while on a century run, got a handy bit of wheel sucking from a guy on a cervelo
  • paul_mck
    lol wasnt me was it? I was chasing the B group from whitehead to whiteabbey then turned up station road/oniell road.
  • madden2011
    Probably was remember you saying you were trying to catch someone. I was on a cube. Last I seen you was the hill out of whiteabbey. I still had a good few miles to go.
  • paul_mck
    think I may have blubbered some gibberish to a few folks along there between gasps for air. I waited for a friend who was struggling out of Larne, got him to the top of the hill and burned off after the group. Was flying along the shore but ran out of puff around whiteabbey so gave up and headed for home rather that go on to the grove then back on myself.
  • madden2011
    Lol you kept up a decent pace anyway.

You doing the ride on Sunday?
  • paul_mck
    meant to be doing part of the marathon on monday but considering binning it and doing the giro ride. Not sure Im fit enough yet for the 140miler and dont have an entry either so probably not.

Im tempted to join a club (either Madigans or Phoenix) so might head to a club run instead just.
  • pedrojake
    pedrojake Posts: 229
    madden2011 wrote:
    Everyone all set for Sunday. Was given a start time of between 7am & 7.20am, just going to cycle down to it. Decent warm up!

I'm number 121

What's the craic with traffic lights especially the likes of the Antrim Road & Shore Road going to get a bit annoying if all 1000 of us have to stop at the lights. Do you reckon police will be about waving us through?

I'm off in the 7.20-7.40 slot. I think you go in groups of about 50 at a time? I would think they will wave you through at that time of the morning. Training hasn't went as well as planned so hoping haven't bitten off too much with the big run. Hope to be in a nice group of like-minded /similar ability and share the workload heading round
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    Good luck to everyone on Sunday. Won't be there as I did a ride to Donegal at the weekend think I would be chancing my luck and legs a bit.
    Keep it safe.
  • madden2011
    Sodafarl wrote:
    Good luck to everyone on Sunday. Won't be there as I did a ride to Donegal at the weekend think I would be chancing my luck and legs a bit.
    Keep it safe.

Sure what's an extra 140 miles :lol:
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    madden2011 wrote:
    Sodafarl wrote:
    Keep it safe.

Sure what's an extra 140 miles :lol:
    Fair point should have registered. :lol: